Freya Farrington #2 As bland and beige as Lauren Postlethwaite

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Freya is the only influencer type youtuber I still watch, I was bored the other day and flicked through some others wow they really are all carbon copies of each other aren't they?. Its quite scary really.
I tend to watch thrifters and the vintage channels now. I like to go car boots and charity shops for bits for our home so it's more unique and not a beige copy of 50 women on YouTube.

Reactions: 10
I wonder what she'll do when beige is on the way out? Will she keep it or jump on the latest bandwagon?

Also her recent stuff admitting to having anxiety is also kinda bland. Like, for some reason I don't feel it's genuine and she's again jumping on a trend. It was the stuff about being anxious to go for dinner etc, it just gave me the impression she's got a bit housebound and is now making up anxiety as an excuse not to go out? I think she thinks it makes her relatable but most of us manage to go for dinner just fine so it's hard to relate. I hope she can get over it and start enjoying going out.

Reactions: 8
I wonder what she'll do when beige is on the way out? Will she keep it or jump on the latest bandwagon?

Also her recent stuff admitting to having anxiety is also kinda bland. Like, for some reason I don't feel it's genuine and she's again jumping on a trend. It was the stuff about being anxious to go for dinner etc, it just gave me the impression she's got a bit housebound and is now making up anxiety as an excuse not to go out? I think she thinks it makes her relatable but most of us manage to go for dinner just fine so it's hard to relate. I hope she can get over it and start enjoying going out.
Have you noticed how a lot of these 'Influencers' all claim to have insecurity and anxiety issues? So, they're backhandedly admitting to being mentally ill whilst promoting their lives and decisions across the Internet.......... Therefore, they shouldn't be trying to influence anybody then should they?? Bunch of contradictory clowns ๐Ÿคก
---

Woo thanks for the thread title!
You're welcome ๐ŸŒน ๐Ÿฅ‡

Reactions: 17
Yeah that is so true about influencing. It seems putting your dog into daycare so you can talk into a camera all day about your latest shopping purchases causes social anxiety about going out for dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yeah that is so true about influencing. It seems putting your dog into daycare so you can talk into a camera all day about your latest shopping purchases causes social anxiety about going out for dinner.
What I find crazy is how they have zero anxiety to go shopping seven days a week, and not small quiet shops either, always big busy ones..until they want to jump on a bandwagon and claim anxiety

• Haha
Watched her videos for a while now and donโ€™t remember her ever mentioning having anxiety about going to the hairdressers or out for dinner before ๐Ÿ˜‰ and all these hauls is getting ridiculous ๐Ÿ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Watched her videos for a while now and donโ€™t remember her ever mentioning having anxiety about going to the hairdressers or out for dinner before ๐Ÿ˜‰ and all these hauls is getting ridiculous ๐Ÿ™„
I've stopped watching videos from everyone who mentions hauls in their titles because of what it used to make me spend or I watch other stuff and skip the hails parts

Her mannerisms has changed over the years. Mate, you're a Geordie, not posh - cut it out!

Reactions: 7
The anxiety stuff has come quite out of the blue, I agree, and I've been watching her for over three years now. It also seems like her anxiety is all she can talk about now. Anxiety is now her personality! When I first heard her mention it, I presumed she was probably leading into an advert for BetterHelp or some other online counselling service. I won't be surprised if that happens soon!

In the last video of hers I watched (the one were she was reading a book about anxiety, naturally) she mentioned she's planning on painting the living room black. Not sure that's a great idea...

• Haha
  • Heart
In the last video of hers I watched (the one were she was reading a book about anxiety, naturally) she mentioned she's planning on painting the living room black. Not sure that's a great idea...
oh nooooooo. That wonโ€™t work at all. My issue with this trend of painting entire walls black is that itโ€™s fine for lovely Instagram photos, but imagine just sitting there, on a gloomy Sunday afternoon in a black room. I hate the beige aesthetic but at least itโ€™s fresh.

One of my cousins works for a prominent international hair care brand. She usually works with professionals (stylists, salon staff etc) but also has to deal with influencers, doing promo events similar to that Jo Malone thing. She and her colleagues absolutely loathe the YT and Insta types and the entitlement some of them display.
Oh, B&M just gifted them a new air fryer they don't really need? How lovely.

I am now also wondering, after her many hints about food and gut health, whether her 'anxiety' about going out, to dinner or on holiday are rooted in problems with digestion and a subsequent fear of indigestion. I've seen it with a close friend. In that case it would be smart to consult a GP and a proper dietician (not one of those vitamin gummies and slimming world huns), and also mention it to the therapist. Its not uncommon and nothing to be ashamed of.

Anyone else get the impression she might have had a gander at her threads here? :cool:

Reactions: 5
One of my cousins works for a prominent international hair care brand. She usually works with professionals (stylists, salon staff etc) but also has to deal with influencers, doing promo events similar to that Jo Malone thing. She and her colleagues absolutely loathe the YT and Insta types and the entitlement some of them display.
Oh, B&M just gifted them a new air fryer they don't really need? How lovely.

I am now also wondering, after her many hints about food and gut health, whether her 'anxiety' about going out, to dinner or on holiday are rooted in problems with digestion and a subsequent fear of indigestion. I've seen it with a close friend. In that case it would be smart to consult a GP and a proper dietician (not one of those vitamin gummies and slimming world huns), and also mention it to the therapist. Its not uncommon and nothing to be ashamed of.

Anyone else get the impression she might have had a gander at her threads here? :cool:
I don't even believe it's anxiety..... They're not anxious behind the camera, selling their souls for whatever they can get in return are they?? ๐Ÿ˜‰ It's all about luring more trust and dependancy from their viewers.. They want to be relatable and liked to reap monetary benefits from ads and 'influencing' ppl to buy hyped crap with discount codes.... It's their income.. and you can bet your life as soon as that camera is turned off, they're their real self then and checking their bank balance while uploading more nonsensical hauls and DITL rubbish. They're expendable, disposable and this influencing social media business has a shelf life like everything else.... All crash dummies copying each others 'content'.. heading for the big wall ๐Ÿคณ๐Ÿ’€

• Heart
Can't wait to see what these influencers end up doing longer term for work once their shelf life is up!

It's all very well being a clothes horse in your 20s/30s or even a mummy blogger when kids are young, but how is that gonna work when they're 40/50+?

• Haha
Can't wait to see what these influencers end up doing longer term for work once their shelf life is up!

It's all very well being a clothes horse in your 20s/30s or even a mummy blogger when kids are young, but how is that gonna work when they're 40/50+?
I guess they turn in to Caroline Mrs m ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How has her anxiety actually affected her life? If it doesn't have a impact on her day to day living and she can still do everything she did before, isn't she just nervous about things which is a natural reaction. Yes I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but what she shows is she can go aboard on holidays, go to social events, walk the dog, walk around shops, film in public, sit in a room full of women doing yoga, goes to drive-thru's on her own and place orders, have photos taken of herself in public, stays in on her own whilst there are builders everywhere, return all the tat she buys for hauls, interacts with designers etc and she's out most days "working". I could go on so it would be easier just to ask what has her anxiety stopped her doing?

• Heart
How has her anxiety actually affected her life? If it doesn't have a impact on her day to day living and she can still do everything she did before, isn't she just nervous about things which is a natural reaction. Yes I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but what she shows is she can go aboard on holidays, go to social events, walk the dog, walk around shops, film in public, sit in a room full of women doing yoga, goes to drive-thru's on her own and place orders, have photos taken of herself in public, stays in on her own whilst there are builders everywhere, return all the tat she buys for hauls, interacts with designers etc and she's out most days "working". I could go on so it would be easier just to ask what has her anxiety stopped her doing?
Exactly this..sge actually makes it come across like she is using a buzz word she is using for social media algorithm.