Fresh Baked David, who if animated would be a Gerbil in Newsies Attire, retires from Full Time Poker

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s out of things to tape. He makes a living. By blogging..He must post 7 posting a week. Around 20 minutes each….Even at Disneyland you run out of things to film…. So you get crap like construction updates. “ 20 minutes on is this pipe a water pipe? Gas pipe? Is for a water fountain… drinking fountain…watering plants. O a planter. ..
Haven’t been here in a while, but: 100% this! Despite filming and commenting on construction for so long, David (and the Mickey Views guy, Brayden) have almost no knowledge of anything to do with actual construction or utilities. I think I remember that video, David was befuddled and mystified by a backflow preventer in Downtown Disney. ??? One very similar to almost every backflow preventer that keeps water from flowing in both directions for buildings and homes. Some expert, huh! 🥴

Reactions: 2
Haven’t been here in a while, but: 100% this! Despite filming and commenting on construction for so long, David (and the Mickey Views guy, Brayden) have almost no knowledge of anything to do with actual construction or utilities. I think I remember that video, David was befuddled and mystified by a backflow preventer in Downtown Disney. ??? One very similar to almost every backflow preventer that keeps water from flowing in both directions for buildings and homes. Some expert, huh! 🥴
Brayden is absolutely the WORST. He takes every opportunity to suggest that Disney is too cheap or too lazy to complete projects once they are underway. Unfortunately, if he had any clue about how Disney contracts work, he'd know that they almost exclusively use Cost Plus Fixed Fee contracts for everything, and everything goes out to competitive bid. The contractor is locked into the direct cost of the construction, as well as the maximum they can receive as profit. That, and stiff liquidated damages clauses mean that any cost overruns or delays fall squarely in the lap of the contractor.

For both of them, if there isn't something pretty getting hung on the facade, then there's absolutely nothing going on inside the structure.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wonder if David or Liz follow this thread.

This thread is slow, which I think is a good sign for them. I honestly think they are nice people, all in all.

Disneyland content is less covered, so I appreciate that.

• Heart
Unlike many other theme park bloggers, they do seem to be decent people. It's easy to see that David's enthusiasm for Disneyland (which i personally find overwhelmingly annoying) is genuine - again, unlike some other bloggers. David seems somewhat aware - he recently said he knows he "drinks the Disney Kool Aid," but then claimed "a little."

The two criticisms I have of him are

1. He does have an extreme pro-Disney bias - so everything the other parks do is bad or inferior. For example, he shows how little respect he has for the other parks when he doesn't know or use the correct name for them (e.g. "Mario Land," "Harry Potter Land," etc.). It's a small thing, but he'd never call Galaxy's Edge "Star Wars Land." Another example - everything Disney does such as crappy theme park food - is great and wonderful, but every food the other parks put out is overpriced and terrible. When Disney takes years and years to finish a treehouse it must be because they're making it great or some other good reason, when Knott's takes a year + on Montezuma's Revenge it's sad and neglected. I could go on and on.

2. He has a terrible bias of a pass holder, so all of his "expert advice," including his obsession with line wait times - is based on someone that has easy daily access to the park. For lots of people, this may be their once in a lifetime trip to Disneyland, so they can't skip Smuggler's Run (and instead "breathe the Disney winds," or whatever he calls it) because the line is long, to give one example. I wish he made that more clear to his viewers. (He somewhat realizes this when he went to Disney World and said he was in a rush to ride everything,)

Unlike many other theme park bloggers, they do seem to be decent people. It's easy to see that David's enthusiasm for Disneyland (which i personally find overwhelmingly annoying) is genuine - again, unlike some other bloggers. David seems somewhat aware - he recently said he knows he "drinks the Disney Kool Aid," but then claimed "a little."

The two criticisms I have of him are...
My main gripe is the overly dramatic reaction to change. The reconfiguration of the Haunted Mansion extended queue being the current obsession. His overuse of words like "scary", "disconcerting", "unnerving", "disturbing", and "worrisome" are way over the top. As is his consolation to his viewers "not to worry" and "not to get discouraged" and to not "panic", border on the ridiculous. It's a theme park and they are reconfiguring some planters and concrete.

All of this is even sillier when you take into account that almost everything that they are tearing out replaced something else that was torn out previously to install the old Fast Pass kiosks and what was the old "extended queue". David looks at every change in the parks as if they are all sledgehammer blows to Walt's 1955 legacy, when many are, in fact, changes to prior changes when viewed in his own limited and recent context of park history.

Reactions: 6
i was watching an old video a couple days ago and sara mentioned that david says ' you don't plan Disney, you let it take you where it will"
lol that's all his videos are now. "wait times", "which rides to hit first". Which is all meaningless because whenever the individual person goes to the park it might be completely different.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if David or Liz follow this thread.

This thread is slow, which I think is a good sign for them. I honestly think they are nice people, all in all.

Disneyland content is less covered, so I appreciate that.
I've met him a couple of times in passing and he was genuinely nice both times. We only talked for a few minutes but it was a good exchange.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't stand when Liz is in the videos. Today's episode at Pixar Fest... Jeez. She is so over the top. Cringe-worthy behavior.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i dont dislike her, but i always prefered ian, ron or sara in the videos. (dont watch the new videos at all) i dont know why
kind of like watching kelly ripa with her husband as opposed to regis :ROFLMAO: