Freddymylove #6 Cinderfreddy you poor toddler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suppose I am weary of the thought of spending £150 on something that I haven’t seen from an unknown brand really as she’s pushed everything for financial benefit.
Absolutely agree - would be a lot easier if she had a pop up store where you could try them on and see what they fit and quality is like.

Although with online selling, you are a lot more protected as a consumer and have the right to try it on and return it.

Reactions: 2
Santinni? Their winter wear is mostly wool/cashmere, hence the high price tag. Somewhat ethically produced 100% cashmere sweaters from brands (that don’t do much marketing) already cost 100-200€. Wool costs a little less. Santinni probably amp their prices for profit, but 300-600£ for ethical wool seems standard to me. None-luxury doesn’t usually offer cheap 100% wool coats (and if they do, poor sheep) and mid-range brands usually cost the same. Can’t speak about their summer clothes because I have no idea what else they are selling.
I bought one santinni wool coat and I was disappointed. The buttons keep falling off and I had to fix them like 10 times. Also the quality of the bottoms really disappoint me. The pearl of the bott was falling off and i had to glue them back on. Wouldn't recommend buying there

Reactions: 4
I bought one santinni wool coat and I was disappointed. The buttons keep falling off and I had to fix them like 10 times. Also the quality of the bottoms really disappoint me. The pearl of the bott was falling off and i had to glue them back on. Wouldn't recommend buying there
Thanks for your review. I was super curious about their brand but the coats are not my style and they're expensive so unless they're something I absolutely love I wouldn't have saved up to purchase.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience considering the price tag... it's pretty shameful that buttons kept falling off considering how they are marketed as luxury products. However I thought it was weird that practically no one mentions them... apart from Freddy who is obviously on their payroll and is being paid good money to get her fans to buy these coats.

With regards to the price of the dresses I was thinking between 100 to 200. I guess it's not too bad if the quality and craftsmanship is there. We'll have to wait and see. I'm curious about this. She might surprise us and come up with more creative ideas in the future...

Reactions: 7
I got one of their coats as a gift by my husband, as he knew I was in love with one of their vintage styled ones.

It keeps me nice and warm, it looks good, I wouldn't describe the outside as 'soft' but rather a bit hard/stiff, and the inside of the coat is actually really nice, a little bit like the high quality coats my grandma used to wear. The customer service is very good.

That being said, yes, the buttons DO fall off the entire time. I found the exact buttons on aliexpress (as I lost one) and went to a local shop to get them sewn back on. The shopkeeper said they weren't sewn on properly to begin with.
On top of that, the packaging I got the coat in was far from charming. Looked like a trashbag.

I got one of their coats as a gift by my husband, as he knew I was in love with one of their vintage styled ones.

It keeps me nice and warm, it looks good, I wouldn't describe the outside as 'soft' but rather a bit hard/stiff, and the inside of the coat is actually really nice, a little bit like the high quality coats my grandma used to wear. The customer service is very good.

That being said, yes, the buttons DO fall off the entire time. I found the exact buttons on aliexpress (as I lost one) and went to a local shop to get them sewn back on. The shopkeeper said they weren't sewn on properly to begin with.
On top of that, the packaging I got the coat in was far from charming. Looked like a trashbag.
I also have a santinni coat and have to say it does feel very luxurious and warm. I haven’t had it very long so the buttons haven’t been an issue for me, and I also received it in beautiful packaging! IMHO it was worth the cost, especially considering the material vs high street price and quality. Only bad thing is sizing/inability to try it on.

with Flossy, I am pleasantly surprised so far. I actually like the styles (they’re not original but to be fair they are harder to find) and I’m surprised she has been open about the production and to some extent fabric (as others have pointed out, it’s ironic given her general approach re haul weeks and choice of cheap, environmentally awful fabrics like polyester that she so frequently describes as ‘lovely’ in her videos).

The fit on the pink one leaves me doubtful it’s made for people with any bust as all (once again Freddy, you are a pear and not hourglass - please embrace this!), but having some dressmaking experience the quality looks better than I expected and certainly in line with the higher price tag. I’m very keen to understand what the returns situation will be… assume it will be ‘pay for your return’ which is frustrating for high cost items that you can’t see in person (same as santinni).

Reactions: 4
*buttons 🤡🤡

Reactions: 1
So the boucle tweed is acrylic, nylon and polyester 😬 and then a poly cotton for the Nellie pink dress. Not exactly what I’d consider luxurious or sustainable!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
If they weren’t so short I might have bought one! Wouldn’t want to a) bend over in the straight dress or b) get caught in a gust of wind in the skater dresses! (Been there lol!)
If you got the legs though go for it!

Attachments

Reactions: 2
So the boucle tweed is acrylic, nylon and polyester 😬 and then a poly cotton for the Nellie pink dress. Not exactly what I’d consider luxurious or sustainable!
The Coco dress is the most dupable dress and the one which should have been priced at 100 at least considering the materials used... I think my favourite would be the Fay dress - it's a classic white dress and looks like the one with the nicest details. The Nelly dress is just a big no no... looks like a toddler dress.

Reactions: 12
If they weren’t so short I might have bought one! Wouldn’t want to a) bend over in the straight dress or b) get caught in a gust of wind in the skater dresses! (Been there lol!)
If you got the legs though go for it!
Not my personal style but there are plenty who will buy it. My gripe is that she is expecting to sell these dresses at £150 each yet nobody knows the quality. It’s a big ask of the public however it will be a true test of faith in her. I think they’re worth half that price if that. The markup is for the fancy packaging and for the manufacturing costs and as she had to tell us a bit of profit for her “as it’s a business” no really?!!!!

The white dress is quite nice but the pink one looks like it's for a baby or a doll. Just seen them having a launch party and her granny crying over it all. I just can't imagine getting that worked up about a relative selling some clothes 🤷

Reactions: 9
I wish she'd stop with the #FlossyGirl stuff. She sounds like a pimp. No, I don't want to be your Flossy Girl, Freddy.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
okay I stumbled across this thread a while ago and although I think some criticism on it is a bit much (esp. about her appearance) its a very entertaining thread. Im very happy to just be an observer but im like 4 mins into her new video and just annoyed. idk if she answers any of this in the rest of the video but I just needed to rant.

I am a 21f, who granted I'm from the USA, so I cannot pretend to know how it is to grow up in the UK and perhaps it truly is different, but from living in a small conservative town, to NYC, to London, I have NEVER seen women put down for being feminine. I truly understand the sexism is still very very prominent, but her acting like her clothes are a whole part of a feminist movement is frankly stupid. Again maybe I am completely mistaking and please correct me if my experiences do not line up with yours, because I dont want to invalidate anyones experiences but I dont buy what she is saying 100%. I truly believe anything she has experienced has been because she is female and not because of the way she dresses.

I also went to a fashion college and really question some of the ethical claims they are making, I don't think they are doing enough to be transparent on where the sourced the materials and where they are manufactured. Also the collection is not my personal style, but I acknowledge that it is other peoples and that is totally cool, however her design are not unique, people have proved that on this thread. The real sustainable option, if her clothing is not a 100% sustainable alternative for preexisting clothes, is to not produce MORE THINGS. she doesnt promote sustainable options 99% of the time so I really doubt she truly cares. That is the main reason I am questioning it. Also I know 150 for a garment can be a lot for a lot of people but its not SO high that I truly believe she is using 1000000% ethical workers. I would love it if it was a made in the UK brand.

idk im sorry for such a long rant for a first post (i honestly shortened it from what it was before). I just hate when influencers(or other companies) try to green wash consumers into thinking they have a sustainable product when in reality the market already has tons of the same thing and the sustainable thing would be to not make more.

Reactions: 13
Latest Video

- squealing galore!
- bad editing, the case of the disappearing kitty. Here one moment, gone the next!
- talking about her mom, cat, squealing again.
- wearing saggy boob top and diaper shorts. Fringe looking awful as usual.

The dresses are too short, High necks and long sleeves are not practical for warm days/summer. Hate that kind of material as well. Too expensive and not in the market for toddler dresses lol.

Not my cup of tea...

Reactions: 9
Surely these are priced too high for teenagers and I don’t see any self respecting adult buying them.

Reactions: 16
her acting like her clothes are a whole part of a feminist movement is frankly stupid
She probably thinks she's Elle Woods or something. Beating anti-feminism, one toddler dress at a time!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Surely these are priced too high for teenagers and I don’t see any self respecting adult buying them.
I thought that too but I checked the website 30 minutes after the launch and there was only sizes small and medium left in everything. The dresses might not appeal to everyone but clearly her fans like them.

Reactions: 5
This looks like a figure skating outfit to me with the white booties ..and where would you where this? lol. 😆

Freddy-edits-49_1000x.progressive.jpg

bd1cc-dress-photo-a16-lace-white-s-front-raw_final.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.