Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

raleigh

Freddy deleted a comment that had lots of thumbs up basically saying how it was upsetting watching Freddy declutter all the clothes she convinced her to buy
All the time it’s guys you need this coat and you need this bag that costs over a grand
Make sure to buy it with my Farfetch link
Farfetch has a page on there website based on Freddy My Love recommendations
And then her last video was all about how she’s a saver and how she’s better than everyone else that she set up a bank account when she was young
Also there was a video where she was scoffing about how she works harder than students. I’m a student nurse working on placement during the pandemic.
Also all these videos on her Instagram stories of herself posing saying how she has so much work to do. I don’t have enough time to post a story, I’m very lucky if I get my full half an hour break.
Not one video thanking healthcare staff, but lots of videos making others feel small.
But she has enough time attacking other YouTubers with similar content saying how it’s not fair for people to copy her look without crediting her
Hun anyone can buy a Victoria Secret Top, you don’t own the right to it, as much as you would like to think that.
Almost as if she fears competition
But it’s all fine and dandy if you buy her recommendations through her link, as long as you don’t post it. She must think “Your my servants, just make me my commissions, don’t post or I’ll get my followers to attack you”.
This is the biggest reason why I got turned off from her channel. You can practically see a pattern in her shopping habits. She'll buy a ton of clothes (most are gifted or sponsored) and she'll spend weeks insisting how you absolutely NEED these items, how they're the best items ever and she declutters a lot of "older" clothes to keep them. A few months later another season comes up and she literally does a 180, that they're not so great after all and declutters them without a second thought. I know she claims that her spending habits are not normal due to her "job" but I find it a bit disrespectful towards her fans that she is basically selling them a product which she claims is a holy grail and dumps it the next second. I am aware that no one is forced to buy the items she promotes but I find this very disrespectful towards her fans.

I agree with everyone that Freddy's mum looks really fun and down to earth. I think Coco is a lot like her mum. It's a shame Freddy's personality is the complete opposite and she is a complete snob and looks down on everyone so it's highly unlikely she'll thank healthcare staff when she's too busy feeling sorry for herself because she has "worked too hard" from the comfort of her home.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

hannah123

VIP Member
I quite like her hauls to find bits to buy that are usually good basic knits and tops, and takes the effort out of me doing the searching, but her insistence that autumn bottoms are impossible to find is insufferable. How she thinks that black tights, leather leggings and jeans aren’t fashionable is beyond me. Wearing shorts in the winter seems more of a faux pas than black tights.

Reactions: 17

sephylily

VIP Member
Freddy deleted a comment that had lots of thumbs up basically saying how it was upsetting watching Freddy declutter all the clothes she convinced her to buy
All the time it’s guys you need this coat and you need this bag that costs over a grand
Make sure to buy it with my Farfetch link
Farfetch has a page on there website based on Freddy My Love recommendations
And then her last video was all about how she’s a saver and how she’s better than everyone else that she set up a bank account when she was young
Also there was a video where she was scoffing about how she works harder than students. I’m a student nurse working on placement during the pandemic.
Also all these videos on her Instagram stories of herself posing saying how she has so much work to do. I don’t have enough time to post a story, I’m very lucky if I get my full half an hour break.
Not one video thanking healthcare staff, but lots of videos making others feel small.
But she has enough time attacking other YouTubers with similar content saying how it’s not fair for people to copy her look without crediting her
Hun anyone can buy a Victoria Secret Top, you don’t own the right to it, as much as you would like to think that.
Almost as if she fears competition
But it’s all fine and dandy if you buy her recommendations through her link, as long as you don’t post it. She must think “Your my servants, just make me my commissions, don’t post or I’ll get my followers to attack you”.
SHE DOES NOT DO MORE WORK THAN STUDENTS. I definitely don't do as much people on certain courses (or with actual jobs) but I can guarantee that I do more than Freddy in 2 days then she does in 2 weeks.

Reactions: 16

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I was really struck by how weird her relationship with JJ is after 5 years tbh. I know she’s still young but to say they don’t want to live together because she’s sad when she has to leave him and wants to keep missing him - wtf? I feel like they won’t last if and when they ever do live together. Her whole spiel about not wanting to get married was weird too and didn’t seem authentic, I think she would love the opportunity to plan a huge OTT pink wedding, maybe JJ doesn’t want to get married anytime soon (again they’re young so doesn’t exactly matter)

Has anyone watched Freddy’s look back at 2020 Instagram stories?
oh wow I wish my year had looked like that! I know it’s been harder for everyone this year but you’d think shed take a minute to be grateful rather than pulling out the ‘crying all day’ BS.
Most of her year looks like shopping, eating out at restaurants or on holiday! She’s been so privileged.
I spent this year working non-stop in an emergency services role with annual leave cancelled March-September and volunteering alongside my job as well. I would have loved to have spent my time doing what she does instead.
I wish she’d just own it and admit she’s got a good thing going instead of acting like she’s so hard done to.
And don’t get me started on the long, cringe shots of her eye f*!king herself with a caption claiming she was crying all the time. No hun, you slept in til 12pm then put on some makeup and new clothes and stared at your own reflection, then sat back down in bed after ‘a long day of work’ and watched gossip girl :rolleyes:
I’m probably just being grumpy coming to the end of 2020 without any nice nye plans with friends, but it just really annoyed me how she can’t see how good she’s had it!

• Heart

Hsbabshh

Yes I think this is one of the nastiest things Freddy has done. I looked this girl again (a long time ago) and I think she deleted her channel. Freddy basically bullied this woman to disappearance. I bet the woman did watched Freddy and got tons of inspiration from her, I do think she started a whole trend on YouTube with this girly videos but she did not invented them a mean who do you think you are Freddy 🤣. Is not plagiarism people can copy looks any time, specially small creators a mean COME ON 😑.
And it’s not even copying looks, it’s buying clothes from the high street 😂
Bullied the girl because god forbid there might be a little competition for someone else to wear pink clothes.
I really do think she must fear that. Anyone can do what she can do. Film and upload similar content.
If she ever loses YouTube her options are to finish school and study something, or work in job that doesn’t require a qualification.
Which I don’t think would suit her big head. And god forbid she wouldn’t be able to afford her “good quality clothes” and could only afford Primark like most average people.
She was so petrified of that, she bullied a girl who only got 200 subscribers. She’s petrified of girl with 200 subscribers. She must be so insecure to have to go and do that.

She used to be my favourite influencer, but since the pandemic her complete detachment from reality has grated on me more than it used to. The stories the last couple of days have felt like a final straw. She’s so stressed that she couldn’t even tidy her own bedroom and got her mum to do it? A grown ass 26 year old woman?! Working for herself at home, in a job where in reality she has no actual responsibility. Just wow. Wow.

Unfortunately this is what seems to happen to all influencers who’ve never worked a normal job; they completely lose touch (and eventually their followers as they grow up) as they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. How can she say it’s like 3 full time jobs when she’s never worked 1 full time job to compare?!

lira

VIP Member
Has anyone watched Freddy’s look back at 2020 Instagram stories?
oh wow I wish my year had looked like that! I know it’s been harder for everyone this year but you’d think shed take a minute to be grateful rather than pulling out the ‘crying all day’ BS.
Most of her year looks like shopping, eating out at restaurants or on holiday! She’s been so privileged.
I spent this year working non-stop in an emergency services role with annual leave cancelled March-September and volunteering alongside my job as well. I would have loved to have spent my time doing what she does instead.
I wish she’d just own it and admit she’s got a good thing going instead of acting like she’s so hard done to.
And don’t get me started on the long, cringe shots of her eye f*!king herself with a caption claiming she was crying all the time. No hun, you slept in til 12pm then put on some makeup and new clothes and stared at your own reflection, then sat back down in bed after ‘a long day of work’ and watched gossip girl :rolleyes:
I’m probably just being grumpy coming to the end of 2020 without any nice nye plans with friends, but it just really annoyed me how she can’t see how good she’s had it!
Every influencer seems to be doing this - showing off their year and then trying to stick a plaster on a gaping wound by posting a photo of a singular tear saying they've had it hard too. Sure Jan, I'm sure you did as you wiped that tear away with the free plane ticket you received for your next sponsored post.

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
Her autumn hauls are such a pile of shit, she contradicts herself and is so fucking rude. 'Dress for the season' *exclusively wears shorts and skirts with no tights*. The comment about jeans in the hollister one is a pile of crap as well, people dont give up because they wear jeans freddy they dress to suit the weather/their body, just because you think you look better in your ridiculous shorts does not mean the average joe on the street agrees or in fact wants to wear shorts in WINTER....
She always sounds like she took advice from a very uptight magazine editor from the 50s and considers it the gospel. It's 2020, you can be presentable wearing jeans, you don't need to prance around like Barbie in order to be considered well dressed. I like some of her outfits but she really should chill with her dismissive fashion advice when she looks like a second grade chick film lead character from early 2000s most of the time. Some young girls really take that bullshit to heart.

Reactions: 15
Ugh :rolleyes: Doesn’t she realise that posting all those photos just proves the point (or pointe ha!) further.
No one doubted she danced, seeing as she still clings to her school days and brings it up on the regular. It is the fact that she knows how to tie ribbons properly and didn’t anyway that annoys people. If she was such a brilliant, experienced ballerina, why not show it and tie them correctly then, rather than be disrespectful to the art she claims to love?
I think rather than posting passive aggressively, she should have actually been mature and said “hey you know what, you’re right, I didn’t tie them properly, I wanted it to look a certain way but sorry if people were offended. Please don’t actually tie your shoes this way”. Then followed with the pics. That would have made her come across so much better than being snarky.
But sorry isn’t in her vocabulary.

Glossimer

Check out the house tour on her mums channel and that’ll answer your question, lol. Of course Freddy hasn’t linked.. seems like a perfectly mid class, lovely house but decorated with her mums quirky/eclectic sense of style. Her mum is cute haha. Think it’s tickledpinkinlondon or something
Ooomg! Finally someone talking 👏🏼 About 👏🏼 This 👏🏼... the other day I got recommended this video on my feed (attached picture... if you can’t see the pic is basically a video of her mom doing a tutorial of how to remove cat vomit)... A mean no hate towards her mom, she seems a sweet down to earth woman, but Freddy makes it believe as she’s this above everyone kind of person mean girl -Regina George- kind of vibes... and I thought to myself like: who in the actually upper class wealthy rich girl is going to have a mom posting a video of removing cat vomit of the carpet 🙁. I immediately felt she’s embarrassed of her mom and that’s why she hasn’t link her channel (which makes me super sad tbh) Coco in the other hand has it linked, which I thought is very sweet... just goes to show how different are Coco and Freddy.

Attachments

MotherofDragons

I can’t stand that silly screech Freddy has started doing at least once or twice on her YouTube channel and Instagram stories. She is sooo trying to be Blair Waldorf when she’s a serena and Jenny at heart.
Urgh she’s not even a Serena or a Jenny. She’s a Vanessa 😏

• Haha

TruffleTrifle

First time poster here, came across this thread when casually browsing. I used to follow Freddy then started getting a bit bored of her. She is the caricature of the spoiled princess that you see in teen movies set in LA in the noughties. Like Elle in Legally Blonde but before she had some character development. I was in a bad mood one day and unfollowed she was wittering on about something completely unrelatable. She’s basically like Mrs Hinch but for pretty pink and cream and posing in different outfits, just off in her own fairy world with an underdeveloped frontal lobe.

• Haha

SaltyCaramelTart

SHE DOES NOT DO MORE WORK THAN STUDENTS. I definitely don't do as much people on certain courses (or with actual jobs) but I can guarantee that I do more than Freddy in 2 days then she does in 2 weeks.
Even when I was in my final year, loving what I did at undergrad level, researching my dissertation, perfecting grammar in a foreign language which was a joy, I'm pretty sure I did more work in my reading weeks than Freddy does in haul week.
When I graduated, I did law school and that was a whole new level. Not to mention anything about my research student friends, working until 10pm every night in pursuit of groundbreaking discovery.
Miss me with your pouty insta stories, staged photos and 1 video a week :)

This is the biggest reason why I got turned off from her channel. You can practically see a pattern in her shopping habits. She'll buy a ton of clothes (most are gifted or sponsored) and she'll spend weeks insisting how you absolutely NEED these items, how they're the best items ever and she declutters a lot of "older" clothes to keep them. A few months later another season comes up and she literally does a 180, that they're not so great after all and declutters them without a second thought. I know she claims that her spending habits are not normal due to her "job" but I find it a bit disrespectful towards her fans that she is basically selling them a product which she claims is a holy grail and dumps it the next second. I am aware that no one is forced to buy the items she promotes but I find this very disrespectful towards her fans.

I agree with everyone that Freddy's mum looks really fun and down to earth. I think Coco is a lot like her mum. It's a shame Freddy's personality is the complete opposite and she is a complete snob and looks down on everyone so it's highly unlikely she'll thank healthcare staff when she's too busy feeling sorry for herself because she has "worked too hard" from the comfort of her home.
You forgot the crucial part where she never gets rid of anything designer because she can't get it without the vouchers

• Heart

Mooncalf

VIP Member
I didn't know her mum had a channel, I've watched Freddy for years (I used to really like her style a few years ago) and she's never mentioned it with all her followers, that doesn't make sense to me, why wouldn't you at least occasionally mention your mum's videos.

And tbh a video on how to remove cat vomit from a carpet is actually way more relevant to my life since I have a cat, than any of Freddy's videos about '10 ways to be classy' would be. Like no Freddy, I work in a professional job, I can't show up with mini skirts and knee high boots.

Reactions: 14

slamvs27

VIP Member
Pandora is something I'll gift to a MIL I don't particularly like 🤣

My friends and I actually saw her prancing around in that frilly pink getup as we were crossing the street and it was hilarious. I should've snapped a video...she even threw in fake laughs here and there. I wonder if she knows all the gawking is out of second-hand embarrassment, not admiration.

• Haha

raleigh

nah - she‘a very catty when anyone tries to correct her. Anyone who has studied ballet or is a ballet dancer may find what she did offensive because the bows were tied incorrectly. She also went on to post a picture of her dancing ballet to just prove her point.
She always plays the victim (something that I noticed with all influencers from Lydia to Josie to Freddy). Their unapologetic attitudes and how they can do no wrong. She has very clearly stated that she doesn’t owe you or anyone anything.- yet her subs are the people who opened the door to all possibilities she now has (this again goes to all the influencers aka content creators like beige friend wants to consider). I mean she’s right- she doesn’t owe me a thing as I am not her subscriber but if someone who I avidly watched and subscribed to did/said this to me- well yeah- it’s like screw your too- unsub!
Yeah she has a tendency to be super defensive and easily offended if things don't go her way. I remember when she was selling used clothes on Depop a few months ago and some viewers were begging her to ship overseas and she got extremely defensive and if I recall correctly she named and shamed the person who sent her the message, stating she doesn't owe her viewers anything. I think it's fine if you express your opinion but her attitude is too catty and claiming you don't owe your viewers anything is not exactly the way to thank her viewers who have been instrumental on having the comfortable lifestyle she currently has.

• Heart