Freddy My Love #4 Cheap mess of pink decor, it's like Versailles ducked a dollar store

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Moroccan men catcall, and they so badly want to find an european/american woman to escape the country and have a visa. Maybe it had to do with this but because u dont understand the language u thought they harassed u bcs of ur clothes. Who knows but yeah, anyways
I’m not blonde or european so no. And being called a slut and followed around isn’t something you can reduce to wanting a visa. Not that catcalling or being used for visa is ever okay or should be accepted.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
There's something I didn't like about Freddy's new video. She says when she went to Marrakech it was prefered to cover up, and that it's how it is in Morocco. I'm Moroccan and it's not true. You are a white blonde woman they know you are a tourist nobody cares that you wear a bikini, shorts or skirts, so she didnt need to do anything and it's not Saudi Arabia or the Middle East, very different, i hate people who think it's the same, it's really not. As a moroccan when I go there, I wear my shorts, I wear my dresses, so no, it's not the truth. The only truth is when you go to Tanger, at the beach, you can get harassed by freaks who tell you to cover up, but 10 years ago that never happened (obviously Islam is changing everywhere in the world). Other than that, my dad went to morocco last year for couple months and he told me that it felt like the same as the 80s, women dressed however they want, as usual, some have hijabs, some don't, but no Freddy, maybe that was just in your head because u think Marrakesh is Dubai. Now everyoen who watch her will think the same
It's interesting to hear a Moroccan's perspective, thank you. I spent some time in Chefchaouen in the North a few years ago and although nobody told me to cover up I did feel more comfortable being modestly dressed, it just felt easier, as that's how all the women I saw were dressed. For me it was more about choosing to be respectful and wanting to blend in, rather feeling like I was forced to dress a certain way. The staring from local men definitely made me feel better in long sleeves and long bottoms but I never actually spoke to any Moroccan's about what they thought of travellers dress. It was such a friendly, relaxed tourist town I doubt anyone would have said anything if I was in say a vest top or short skirt, but I do think I'd have got even more looks, making me uncomfortable. Sorry I studied anthropology so find cultural behaviours really interesting! More interesting than Freddy's restrictive choice of clothes anyway!

Reactions: 7
Another moroccan here, and I must say, tour guides do ask and encourage tourist to wear more modest stuff or cover up. Never seen it with my eyes but I saw it through so many vlogs at this point I guess it's the new normal. I live in the capital, Rabat, and she could easily be dressed and walk in her usual attire here. The same cannot be said in smaller cities.
As for female solo/duo traveling, you being foreigner or not, they're just assholes and sadly you can find those type of men everywhere, I'm sorry that was your experience and I hope you give Morocco a second chance to see it under another light :) .

I’ve always heard that you need to cover up in Morocco, but honestly, I don’t see the big deal. If you go to another country you should expect to abide by their social or religious or whatever else norms while you’re there, it’s basic respect. It probably didn’t harm Freddy to realise another place doesn’t revolve around her for once.
As for female solo/duo traveling, you being foreigner or not, they're just assholes and sadly you can find those type of men everywhere, I'm sorry that was your experience and I hope you give Morocco a second chance to see it under another light :) .
Absolutely, there’s lots of European countries where the men are terrible! It wouldn’t put me off Morocco. I haven’t visited but would love to.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sad when viewers think wearing jeans is you branching out. She couldn't. She's not a branch. Or a twig. She's barely a sapling.

• Haha
Her advertising skills is hilariously ignorant

So apparently acknowledging people's preferred pronouns and respecting gender rights is tiring. Wow. Imagine how tiring it must be to have to deal with ignorance like Freddy's!
She’s the one who will lose out on things in life, and most likely has due to her very warped view of the world.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So apparently acknowledging people's preferred pronouns and respecting gender rights is tiring. Wow. Imagine how tiring it must be to have to deal with ignorance like Freddy's!
Even if you ignore what this means from a pronouns/trans perspective, people aren’t ignoring gender or even stereotypes in thinking jeans and trousers as a whole aren’t masculine. Items like skinny leather trousers, cigarette ankle grazing trousers, blue skinny jeans, all aren’t masculine but are standard items in female wardrobes. Clothing doesn’t have to be cream or pink to be feminine.

It’s so strange and upsetting that a woman who 100% earns more than her partner and is surrounded by other women in her industry that out earn their partners, has such an outdated view on gender and femininity.

I love being a woman and unashamedly love pink, fashion and makeup, but it needn’t define me and having a job where I out earn my partner, wear trousers and talk about football doesn’t make me any less of a feminine woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m not blonde or european so no. And being called a slut and followed around isn’t something you can reduce to wanting a visa. Not that catcalling or being used for visa is ever okay or should be accepted.
I dont think u understand me at all but thays a whole other discussion and off topic to Freddy at this point. But yes some moroccan men want a visa many of them catcall they think its flirting but its not. They are not well educated at all, they see a blonde or european or wtv race they think its an opportunity to get married and escape. I know tjem by heart. I also didnt say it was a good thing. And obviously u cant generalize every single situations but I know many have this dream. So dont talk to me like thay as if i would ever condone harassing women

Honestly though.. I travelled around Morocco with my friend a couple of years ago. We were so badly harrassed by men that we almost booked an earlier flight home. We are well travelled so it had nothing to do with being clueless tourists, so I definitely think others can have the same experiences as us.

I definitely had better experiences in other so called ”middle eastern” (asian!) countries.

However I understand being annoyed when Freddy says something about your country, since she overall seems very insensitive and ignorant.
I’ve had a similar experience too unfortunately when I visited in 2013. In Agadir they know you’re tourists and it’s a beachy place but Marrakesh on the other hand 🤦‍♀️ I was wearing a mini boob tube dress that had ruffles on the lower half and it was one of those times in life when you just know you made the wrong outfit choice 🥲 I felt so naked and stared at, I really should have known better but I was 22 and on holiday, it was so hot but I’d never wanted a jacket so much in my life lol. The harassment was real the men would follow you in the markets etc

No shade at anyone just thought I’d share my experience…

• Sad
Even if you ignore what this means from a pronouns/trans perspective, people aren’t ignoring gender or even stereotypes in thinking jeans and trousers as a whole aren’t masculine.
Exactly! Expanding what 'feminine' means in recent years/decades to include more ways of dressing, new female roles, empowerment etc is not 'ignoring gender' or taking anything away from how she chooses to dress. Does she really want to go back in time and make that definition so one-dimensional? Yay feminisim!

Also even some of her 'old hollywood' icons wore 'androgynous' clothes sometimes, they didn't make dressing in one way/colour scheme their whole personality.

Reactions: 8
Am I understanding that comment incorrectly but did Freddy totally miss the point the subscriber was making ?

Even if you ignore what this means from a pronouns/trans perspective, people aren’t ignoring gender or even stereotypes in thinking jeans and trousers as a whole aren’t masculine. Items like skinny leather trousers, cigarette ankle grazing trousers, blue skinny jeans, all aren’t masculine but are standard items in female wardrobes. Clothing doesn’t have to be cream or pink to be feminine.

It’s so strange and upsetting that a woman who 100% earns more than her partner and is surrounded by other women in her industry that out earn their partners, has such an outdated view on gender and femininity.

I love being a woman and unashamedly love pink, fashion and makeup, but it needn’t define me and having a job where I out earn my partner, wear trousers and talk about football doesn’t make me any less of a feminine woman.
Well f8ck me, I wear jeans 80% of the time, I must be the most unfeminine, unladylike girl ever in FREDDY's book. And so unfashionable. Guess what, I love wearing black as well. "shock horror" 🙄 She would hate me hehe just for those 2 facts.
If I were on the same intelligence level as Freddy ie. moron, (and thank gawd, I'm not lol), I would say that having a boy's name / nickname is sooooo unladylike... A name or nickname like Freddy ??? But I'm not at all like Freddy.
Thank goodness, I just hate-watch her for the laughs and do not ascribe to her "philosophies" 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I would say that having a boy's name / nickname is sooooo unladylike... A name or nickname like Freddy ???
This is actually so funny and hadn’t even occurred to me 🤣 I wonder if her name is just Freddy or something like Frederika? Does anyone know?

• Haha
This is actually so funny and hadn’t even occurred to me 🤣 I wonder if her name is just Freddy or something like Frederika? Does anyone know?
I thought her real first name was Florence and Freddy was her nick name. I thought I heard this in one of her videos but I could be 100% wrong.

• Wow
I thought her real first name was Florence and Freddy was her nick name. I thought I heard this in one of her videos but I could be 100% wrong.
I think she confirmed in one of her old Q & As that it’s just Freddy and not short for anything!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.