Freddy My Love #2 Mean girl in sheep’s clothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I said in my first comments on her, she is common as muck!

Harsh as I’m going to sound. Not many men would go for her. She’s pushy, arrogant, extremely ignorant to the world and to people, self absorbed, not an equal in any way to anybody it appears. Real men go for the personality and in my long experience of life prefer equal relationships. It appears unless it’s Freddy’s way it’s no way and grown up relationships require much more to thrive. If the exterior looks good that’s a bonus unless it’s just for a good time or arm candy then those types of men are to be steered cleared of. Considering how she behaves I’m not shocked that he and another guy are her only relationships. I may add you don’t need to have many relationships in life either. It’s quality not quantity. However she comes across as very very ignorant to life unless it’s her way, it’s no way. In adult relationships there is a lot of compromise to be had and understanding. Also Disney obsessions should have been grown out by the time of teenage years at the very latest. Not when you’re knocking on the door of the Big 3-0 like she will be doing in a few years time. Real men prefer shared interests, companionship as well as other things normal in a relationship. When I say real men I don’t mean he-men like exercise fanatics huge muscles and talks like the characters Jason Statham portrays (whom I swear mumbles than talks) Not that there is anything wrong with JS but the characters he plays are extreme versions of masculinity. Ultra macho men which is an interesting concept as she favours herself to be a “girly girl” which really annoys me as it’s such blinkered and limiting perspective on femininity and the diversity femininity brings. Ultra macho and girly girls are as bad each other in terms of ideology. There are many men out there that are educated, kind, respectful, open minded and can encourage personal views even if it’s different to their own, it can be done. I think background for her counts more. I could be wrong but I doubt she’d go for a brick layer who grew up in a council estate but is one of the most nicest men you’d hope to meet. Not all men want Disney in their lives and that’s ok there comes a time in life where being childish isn’t always the wisest option and I don’t think living at home has particularly done her any favours over the years. Although if she was my daughter, I’d be quite relieved that she’s moving out. She’s inferred many tantrums as an adult she’s had and her parents “saving the day” so to speak. I can’t imagine the stress she puts on her parents at times. Even her own mother said in a New York vlog when Freddy wanted (at 25) the music box from the Disney show they saw her Mum said you’re not having it. Why? Because you’re a spoilt brat and Mum wasn’t kidding either you could tell how awkward it was. Mum’s reason was that it was cheaply made and a waste. Later bought a much better quality one but it was an honest insight into how her daughter comes off or is. I think her parents are good people who want the very best for her and her sister and there is no criticism on them. There comes a point where children have to grow up and if they don’t transition easily or in her case, with a lot of ignorance that is no reflection of them at all. Parents can’t blamed for everything their children choose to do or behave like. JJ seems a very nice person but he’s very childlike like her. At their age I think it’s unwise and reflects badly on them. In all honesty I think that type is all she can hope for given the way she behaves on screen her comments and overall impression she gives out. Her lack of life education speaks volumes. Not everybody needs a University degree to prove their intelligence but book smart is one thing in comparison to actual intelligence. Academic as well as emotional intelligence. She claims she’s “always been clever” maybe being book smart but often her choices make a mockery of those claims. Unsubstantiated I may add. There are a lot of very decent men out there with a mature outlook on life that shouldn’t be emasculated or henpecked because she feels she’s entitled to change him or her way than be an equal. She’s made many references to how it’s her way or no way with many issues in her life. In her mind that’s ok but the real world operates much differently. It is possible to have a good relationship and be an equal, financially, mentally also retain your own values if it doesn’t overstep decency and respect to the other person. She has much to learn about life.
I think this is true. Many men above the age of 20 would find her to be quite odd. If she had the personality to make up for it fine, but she doesn't. Her superficial clothing and exterior does not match her personality... she should be sweet, kind and bubbly instead she's basically a chav in skirts.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I thought her voice sounded deeper too! I'm not so good with accents, so I can't really hear a clear change, but definitely she sounds more high-pitched in her newer videos.

I'm kind of curious as to why a lot of people are calling JJ feminine - is it that he has a slimmer build and maybe not such a deep voice? I feel like I haven't seen/heard him enough to say much about his girliness/manliness 😅 I'm not saying that he is or isn't feminine, but I'm just interested to hear what reasons there are to think that, since I've pretty much just seen him in this latest video and maybe some other glimpses before so I don't have such a clear image of him. Thanks in advance for enlightening me! 😁

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure what it is, but insta stories like these always seem weird to me. She puts some text on the screen (I'm so exhausted/annoyed/anxious about the paint color/much work today, etc) and it is accompanied by this longer than necessary silent clip of her rolling her eyes, breathing out, making faces.. It's just overly dramatic and, due to the frequency of this type of stories, quite narcissistic

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I just think it’s funny how she’s lashing out about people copying her style when she tells everyone “you NEED to buy”
Also the fact she’s an influencer so of course people are gonna steal her style - people want to look like their idols!

wow this is rich coming from someone who copied Zoella when she first started her channel and had connections with GLEAM that gave her 11k subs even before she uploaded her first video 😤😤

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was so surprised when she gave her mom the shoutout in the video.... I was like OMG SHE DEF READS HERE!... but not to my surprise she mentioned her right at the end and didn’t link her channel in any shape or form which is also quite funny... I also noticed that Coco no longer has her mom’s channel linked to her account which is curious, I’m having a feeling Freddy either asked her to unlink it or she did it herself (since Freddy manages Coco’s account). I also found this comment on her mom’s channel and it left me wondering, I have a feeling that of course her mom would say she didn’t ask Freddy for anything, but I kind of have my doubts, I have a feeling Freddy didn’t want her mom making videos but I could be wrong of course 🤔

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I was so surprised when she gave her mom the shoutout in the video.... I was like OMG SHE DEF READS HERE!... but not to my surprise she mentioned her right at the end and didn’t link her channel in any shape or form which is also quite funny... I also noticed that Coco no longer has her mom’s channel linked to her account which is curious, I’m having a feeling Freddy either asked her to unlink it or she did it herself (since Freddy manages Coco’s account). I also found this comment on her mom’s channel and it left me wondering, I have a feeling that of course her mom would say she didn’t ask Freddy for anything, but I kind of have my doubts, I have a feeling Freddy didn’t want her mom making videos but I could be wrong of course 🤔
even her mom’s response is sooo sweet!!! Ughhh love her momma

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't know if I'm reaching here, but would I be right to think that Freddy does not want her mum to do videos because she is quite different and she shows a different side to the life Freddy is trying to portray?
Even with Coco, we all know she is VERY different from Freddy, yet when watching her YouTube content I can see Freddy's touch.
With her mum now posting online about their house interior I feel like she's "breaking the narrative" Freddy built regarding the kind of background she comes from?
Nothing against her house, but just like the flat she got, I kind of expected something more extravagant and better than what she described everything to be.

Am I reaching here, or am I on something? 🤔

Reactions: 21
I don't know if I'm reaching here, but would I be right to think that Freddy does not want her mum to do videos because she is quite different and she shows a different side to the life Freddy is trying to portray?
Even with Coco, we all know she is VERY different from Freddy, yet when watching her YouTube content I can see Freddy's touch.
With her mum now posting online about their house interior I feel like she's "breaking the narrative" Freddy built regarding the kind of background she comes from?
Nothing against her house, but just like the flat she got, I kind of expected something more extravagant and better than what she described everything to be.

See I think Freddy is trying to hide her true family life and is creating a fantasy. She said in the new house decorating video that her mum was the interior designed and presented her mum as if that was her full time jobs and that she was lucky to have a mother who did that but her mum isn’t one. I dunno if I just watched it that way.

Reactions: 12
See I think Freddy is trying to hide her true family life and is creating a fantasy. She said in the new house decorating video that her mum was the interior designed and presented her mum as if that was her full time jobs and that she was lucky to have a mother who did that but her mum isn’t one. I dunno if I just watched it that way.
Freddy reminds me of the girl in movies/tv shows who pretends to be this rich person or pretends she’s from a wealthy family, when she really isn’t. It’s just for show.
She’s from a humble family and nothing wrong with that. I feel like she’s sorta embarrassed now at this point to show off where she is really from and plays off that she doesn’t want to cross the personal and professional line. Nothing wrong with that at all but I always felt something more was missing. I hope this all makes sense.

Reactions: 10
I was just about to mention about Coco removing her mom's channel from her featured channels section. They probably read on here that more people are finding out about their mom's channel so they had it removed. Although that wouldn't make much sense to do now since Freddy has already done a shoutout on her own channel for her mom's channel. They might as well just put their mom's channel back on the featured section.

JJ does act kind of feminine sometimes but I think some guys have that side to them, they just don't openly show it. Its like how some girls can act rowdy behind closed curtains lol. And yes, I agree with you guys about Freddy trying to portray a fantasy life for herself. Her mom's channel definitely exposed her true lifestyle (which isn't even remotely bad in the slightest) but as with everything else, she massively oversold her luxury lifestyle to her young, impressionable viewers. I didn't believe her portrayal from the beginning, there was just something about her that didn't sit right with me.

Reactions: 8

I actually have always suspected that, I even have a feeling that she had a temper tantrum (similar to the one she had with her solicitor) with her mom crying, screaming and begging her not to do it, I’ve always had that feeling but of course we could be wrong. But yes as you say it breaks the narrative she has weaved

Freddy reminds me of the girl in movies/tv shows who pretends to be this rich person or pretends she’s from a wealthy family, when she really isn’t. It’s just for show.
She’s from a humble family and nothing wrong with that. I feel like she’s sorta embarrassed now at this point to show off where she is really from and plays off that she doesn’t want to cross the personal and professional line. Nothing wrong with that at all but I always felt something more was missing. I hope this all makes sense.
Omg you couldn’t have described it better, that’s exactly what it reminds me of, again I’ve met some Freddys in my real life and she has just always given me that vibe. Also would explain a lot why she’s not friends with like Amelia Liana or girls like that in general, only with the beige friend which is a lot like her so it makes sense

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I actually have always suspected that, I even have a feeling that she had a temper tantrum (similar to the one she had with her solicitor) with her mom crying, screaming and begging her not to do it, I’ve always had that feeling but of course we could be wrong. But yes as you say it breaks the narrative she has weaved

Omg you couldn’t have described it better, that’s exactly what it reminds me of, again I’ve met some Freddys in my real life and she has just always given me that vibe. Also would explain a lot why she’s not friends with like Amelia Liana or girls like that in general, only with the beige friend which is a lot like her so it makes sense
If you want my 5 eggs on the subject for what it’s worth. I think the family are doing it in order to sell the house. Now that Freddy is moving out, I think it’s a savvy way of potentially raising the house value seeing as some people would be stupid enough to buy a house purely because a Youtuber has lived in it. Many people with older children downsize and it would be a missed opportunity. As a side note, I had a flick through the channel. Nice as her mother appears, yes that is non arguable but the comments tell a different story. What really turns me off from her mother’s attitude to her fans is how many commentators are saying how lovely, wonderful whatever but she ignorantly ignores those comments whom are complimenting her and answers some rude imbecile demanding to know why Freddy hasn’t produced the videos to the regular what seems to be “Cousin-Brown standard” is she too good and grand, hippie dippie and eclectic to say thank you?! It’s such a turn off when people don’t just say thank you to a basic compliment. I’d love to know where Freddy gets her god awful attitude from. I suspect from a few comments Mummy has made notably her neighbours choice of music that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Reactions: 4
Maybe people knew this already, but actually it's only Freddy and Coco who have a double-barrelled surname, it's a combination of their parents' names. I believe Cousin is the mother's last name and Brown the father's. My speculation is that both parents wanted to keep their name after marrying but didn't want the kids to only have one of their names. Makes sense, but clearly it isn't a generations old family name as maybe "someone" would like people to believe 🙈

I didn't feel that her mother was disrespecting/ignoring the nice comments - there are so many of them, and replying to all of them would probably require much more time spent online than she is willing to spend or has time for, unlike her daughters or other young people that are online all the time. Not that she couldn't post a general thank you comment in that case of course. It makes sense to me though.

I really hope that her channel doesn't become more "professional" like the commenter was saying, I like it a lot as it is!

Reactions: 11
Maybe people knew this already, but actually it's only Freddy and Coco who have a double-barrelled surname, it's a combination of their parents' names. I believe Cousin is the mother's last name and Brown the father's. My speculation is that both parents wanted to keep their name after marrying but didn't want the kids to only have one of their names. Makes sense, but clearly it isn't a generations old family name as maybe "someone" would like people to believe 🙈

I didn't feel that her mother was disrespecting/ignoring the nice comments - there are so many of them, and replying to all of them would probably require much more time spent online than she is willing to spend or has time for, unlike her daughters or other young people that are online all the time. Not that she couldn't post a general thank you comment in that case of course. It makes sense to me though.

I really hope that her channel doesn't become more "professional" like the commenter was saying, I like it a lot as it is!
Never did I say she should reply separately but an acknowledgment to those who are appreciating her goes a long way. It looks ignorant and superior not doing it. A generic thank you would be nice. But only replying to one person who is very rude is strange. Only my opinion ❤

On a positive note listen to her singing When Will My Life Begin, she has a beautiful singing voice. Her speaking voice and presence is very calming. Perhaps she’s not use to YouTube who knows. Somebody asked if Freddy edits no, Josy said her husband edits them. I think it would lose its charm if it was ultra polished like Freddy’s channel. But each to our (their) own

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I just watched her mum's video (Tickled Pink in London) where she painted a dressing table and once again I'm in awe at how different she and Freddy are! I've watched a few of her mum's videos before and they are delightfully un-calculated. She is endearingly batty (I mean that in the best way possible!), eccentric and her accent is charming (does anyone know whereabouts in the UK it might be from?). Is it common that children's accents can be so different from their parents? The difference between Freddy's and her mum's is quite stark, at least. I wonder if Freddy is putting hers on a bit or if she picked it up in her theatre school days?

I don't mean to sound rude in any way, but you would never guess from the mum's demeanor and decorating style that she and Freddy are family and live in the same house. Freddy's room (and behaviour) makes it seem like her family and their house are very different from what she'd probably like her viewers to think.

Having said that, I don't think that children and parents often are/should be alike. But in Freddy's case, it's just a bit amusing. 😁 Hope I've not offended anyone!
Just watched her Mum’s channel. I was surprised that Freddy’s Mum was such a great character. Eccentric but full of character unlike her magnolia/ pink daughter who always reminds me of the froth on the top of a milk shake. I noticed her hard working father had a sleeve of tattoos.....good for him but not really Freddy is it ?.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.