Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Very good drama from the bbc, the best thing they've put on in a while.
Sheridan Smith is always good value, excellent actor.
The police though :oops: Shocking
I wonder if any of the officers involved are watching.

Reactions: 8

a.pain

VIP Member
Just finished watching it this evening. Really well written and acted series highlighting a ridiculous catalogue of errors and disinterest by the police. You don't need to be Columbo to think you should look into a suicide note that states don't blame the last man I was with because he had nothing to do with it.
That part was almost laughable (if it wasn’t so sad) it was so blantant! It reminded me of the episode in Friends where phoebe leaves that voicemail pretending to be a pigeon saying ‘don’t blame the nice lady for dropping the lottery tickets’. Cannot believe the police were like ‘ok then can’t be him’!

Reactions: 8

Baconbutties

VIP Member
Just watching. What the actual. The police were absolutely disgraceful. Heartbreaking for those families. It's making me angry.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Fab acting from everyone involved thought Stephen merchant was brilliant good to see him in a serious role for a change. Police were absolutely shocking heartbreaking for the families involved.

Ensay

VIP Member
I thought it was very well made. Stephen Merchant was very good at playing a creepy murderer, and I must admit I had my doubts when I heard he was playing that role.

It's just so depressing that it was all real. The Police were overloaded, but I think there was an element of homophobia there, too. Very much a "oh well, that's what these people are like" type of attitude.

The part where one of the guy's partner had to say "gay men aren't all the same" brought it home to me. I'm gay and I've never taken a single illegal drug in my life - I wouldn't have a clue about any of them, but I've had people make generalisations about me too just because of my sexuality. You kind of get used to it, but you shouldn't.

It's good Port got a whole life term, so he'll rot in jail for the rest of his life, as he should.

laughing

VIP Member
Just been announced, the police are going to be investigated again about how they dealt with the case.

So pleased, all involved were so let down

Chip1984

VIP Member
What really stood out to me was how none of the police officers once said sorry to any of the victims families. It wasn't until the serious crime unit took over that condolences were offered.

• Sad

Dizzy

VIP Member
I wanted to punch him in the face! Notice they never showed him offering his condolences or saying sorry for being so shit at his job.

Maid22

VIP Member
The sisters were better than the police!
Wtaf, 5 of them were promoted, what for?? Being shit at their job?? Shocking :mad:

Did it really take them over 10 days to let Jacks family identify him?!
That was really dreadful, can't imagine the turmoil that family went through.

Reactions: 6

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
Gabriels flat mate was lovely, if the real person is like him, he just seemed like a lovely man who was really looking after a younger man, helping him and all that. And even when he had died he was still fighting for him.
The real man was on the documentary and he is so lovely.... such a nice man ..

• Heart

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
The police attitudes towards the family was shocking :mad: I didn't know about the case but knew it was based on a real life crime. I was shocked to find out this was quite recent. I had a little cry at the end. The real life footage of Sarah at the graduation :cry:
I cried at the clip of Sarah collecting Anthony's degree.....

Mark81

VIP Member
Something else that was off, with the first killing when Port reported finding the body he said to the guy on the phone he was driving away so couldn't remember the flat number etc. But then he says he discovered the body outside his flat and went on in to sleep.

Reactions: 5

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
That was really sad .... as was Jack's parents finding out he was bi-curious which was why he had gone to meet Port also.... :(

Did anyone watch the actual documentary on Iplayer - it had the families on and also Port neighbour and Gabriel's flat mate....
Yes I just watched the actual documentary tonight. It said the Police used the excuse about the cost when the families asked for more to be done. I’m disgusted none of the Police involved were even disciplined 😡

Mark81

VIP Member
I agree with some of this however, I read a little about it afterwards, interviews with the families of the young men who died and from their accounts, the language that the Police used alone should be subject to a review. Jack's parents opened the door to a police officer and were asked "Are you Jack Taylor's mum and dad?" When they said that they were, they were very bluntly told "Well he's dead" :cry:
Yeah sorry I should have been clearer but that's what I meant to include. Their attitude just aggravated situations and they were tactless and heartless. I think that aspect is unforgivable as its just a basic human understanding.