Four Lives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just on the final part.
I'm not sure enjoyable is the right word but its a good watch and a decent cast

Reactions: 12
He was literally doing all this under the noses of the police.
Its frustrating and heartbreaking for those families who had to do their own enquiries

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Gripping. Great to see Stephen Merchant again. But what an incredibly sad story 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I cannot even begin to express how I am feeling watching this.

Did the police really behave this way?

• Sad
Very good drama from the bbc, the best thing they've put on in a while.
Sheridan Smith is always good value, excellent actor.
The police though :oops: Shocking
I wonder if any of the officers involved are watching.

Reactions: 8
So many mistakes made, so much incompetence.
There are docs on YouTube about Stephen Port which are worth a watch. It really doesn't take a detective to connect the dots here, I don't know maybe its hindsight but I'm actually quite shocked they couldn't see what was go glaringly obvious or listen to the families.

Reactions: 10
I thought it was a really good piece of TV - everyone in it was excellent. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the Police, it was infuriating to watch. I read that the inquiry into the Police failings has been reopened by the IPCC or IOPC.

Reactions: 11
I thought it was outstanding, one of the bbcs best. I don't even like Sheridan Smith but thought she was excellent, as was everyone.

I think its very easy to criticise the police for not joining the dots, but things are easier with hindsight. Also hard to tell where the blame lies. Having worked in public sector it could easily be lack of resources as much as anything. That said there was clearly an attitude problem from the beginning and the ball was dropped on several occasions.

Reactions: 8
I thought it was outstanding, one of the bbcs best. I don't even like Sheridan Smith but thought she was excellent, as was everyone.

I think its very easy to criticise the police for not joining the dots, but things are easier with hindsight. Also hard to tell where the blame lies. Having worked in public sector it could easily be lack of resources as much as anything. That said there was clearly an attitude problem from the beginning and the ball was dropped on several occasions.
I agree with some of this however, I read a little about it afterwards, interviews with the families of the young men who died and from their accounts, the language that the Police used alone should be subject to a review. Jack's parents opened the door to a police officer and were asked "Are you Jack Taylor's mum and dad?" When they said that they were, they were very bluntly told "Well he's dead" :cry:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I agree with some of this however, I read a little about it afterwards, interviews with the families of the young men who died and from their accounts, the language that the Police used alone should be subject to a review. Jack's parents opened the door to a police officer and were asked "Are you Jack Taylor's mum and dad?" When they said that they were, they were very bluntly told "Well he's dead" :cry:
Yeah sorry I should have been clearer but that's what I meant to include. Their attitude just aggravated situations and they were tactless and heartless. I think that aspect is unforgivable as its just a basic human understanding.

Reactions: 5
Honestly, I think if this had been 4 women found in these circumstances things would have been handled differently. Just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yeah sorry I should have been clearer but that's what I meant to include. Their attitude just aggravated situations and they were tactless and heartless. I think that aspect is unforgivable as its just a basic human understanding.
I haven't seen the last episode yet but the one where Daniel had supposedly killed himself because of the guilt of 'killing' Gabriel and had written the 'note' and the police wouldn't let his partner or the step-mum see it..... was heartbreaking ..... there is following the rules and then there is using your compassion and empathy..... the fact that the letter wasn't even analysed .... I felt their frustration..... the way it was portraited the police were very 'it is what it is end of' attitude without much thought for the families.....

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Just finished the first episode. Im so used to seeing Stephen Merchant in funny roles that its different to see him do something so serious.

Yeah I thought that too. She must have had suspicions as what are the odds of finding a dead body more than once
Im only a few minutes in to ep 2. She must have been question as a suspect?

Reactions: 2