Four In A Bed - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did Emma and Emily sleep in the kids bunk beds rather than the actual proper bed?
I don’t think anyone grasped that the Hotel of Wizardry price was for a suite for 6 people so worked out about 30-odd pounds a night per person rather than just between 2 people. It’s a seaside B&B geared for families and mainly kids so it’s not going to have anything easily breakable.
Loved the way she knocked £20 off for a kettle and got the hump at having £10 knocked off her price.
can’t believe the teen tiny hobbit homes won. I wonder if it would have been different if both people in the couple had to spend the night and crawl over each other to get out of bed for the toilet?
I didn't understand what was going on with Emma and Emily and their sleeping arrangements. After their arrival in the main room and the initial inspection we only saw them in the bunk-bed room where they found fault with everything and the marks for quality of sleep were all based on that. Presumably if they both stayed, Emma slept in the main bed [why would she not surely her game-playing doesn’t stretch as far as sleeping in a child’s bed so she can moan, groan and deduct money]. in which case why wasn't that discussed and marked accordingly?

Otherwise agree with everything you say, as do most of the comments I’ve seen posted online elsewhere: it is only Mr and Mrs Shed and Emma who don’t agree .. wonder why that is 😉

Reactions: 3
It’s funny how some contestants seem to think that getting the plaque is everything - forgetting that how they’ve treated the other people is out there too.

I think if somewhere has online that they’re winners, people are just as likely to look into that as they are Trip Advisor reviews. The last few winners have seemed value for money run by (seemingly) genuine people, whereas the same thing can’t really be said for last night’s winners

Reactions: 8
It’s funny how some contestants seem to think that getting the plaque is everything - forgetting that how they’ve treated the other people is out there too.

I think if somewhere has online that they’re winners, people are just as likely to look into that as they are Trip Advisor reviews. The last few winners have seemed value for money run by (seemingly) genuine people, whereas the same thing can’t really be said for last night’s winners
Yep, is winning a wooden plaque really worth the loss of your reputation, and in some cases the loss of your business 🤫

Reactions: 8
I'm sure a few years ago I read an article about some contestants who claimed that this show ruined their business. They were horrible on the show so they got loads of negative reviews.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know where the Happy Donkey run can be watched online? Not on All 4 or Amazon (anymore), with only the first episode on YT :(

Craving some Lady Katie

Reactions: 2

Spot on. I thought last night that the feedback given by the two ladies from Congleton and the two men, was mostly genuine and meant to be constructive. Angie and Emma came across more as smiling assassins with their eye on the prize. Emma because she's clearly very award focussed regardless of the prestige of that award and Angie, possibly because it's a new business and she genuinely wanted a plaudit. Their underpayments and the reasons behind them just didn't stack up.

Contrast that with Jo from Tintagel, the week before, who actually lost the number one slot because he made an overpayment. It ended up with everyone thinking what a nice guy and he's our 'real' winner.

I really didn't understand the 100% payment and the positivity about the Daisy Bank Camp. They seem to have some bigger cabins which have both a double bed and a sofa bed, but the producers decided to put everyone in the micro 'stable' terrace. How anyone could mark down The Three Hills as needing more living space, but not have a problem in those tiny spaces where you were also meant to cook and eat too, just doesn't make sense. Apart from not having any on site facility for eating, there's also a lack of a TV and no Wi fi, but no one seemed to remark on that. It's obviously all in the edit, but that pre-supposes the director has an idea who they want to win :rolleyes:
---
Does anyone know where the Happy Donkey run can be watched online? Not on All 4 or Amazon (anymore), with only the first episode on YT :(

Craving some Lady Katie
I have the idea that after the series went out, they had the episode taken down, but if it helps it seems to be season 1 episode 2 23 November 2010 you're looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
At the beginning of this series I was enjoying all the contestants getting on and supporting each other but in the next few weeks I’d like to see:

* someone refusing to accept a payment because they’ve never been so insulted in their life

* someone refusing to stay in the room

* a first up contestant being so FUMING at their feedback they create havoc all week

But I do wonder if channel 4 are playing it relatively safe given the hit the hospitality sector has had over the last few years

• Heart
Reactions: 6
b
Spot on. I thought last night that the feedback given by the two ladies from Congleton and the two men, was mostly genuine and meant to be constructive. Angie and Emma came across more as smiling assassins with their eye on the prize. Emma because she's clearly very award focussed regardless of the prestige of that award and Angie, possibly because it's a new business and she genuinely wanted a plaudit. Their underpayments and the reasons behind them just didn't stack up.

Contrast that with Jo from Tintagel, the week before, who actually lost the number one slot because he made an overpayment. It ended up with everyone thinking what a nice guy and he's our 'real' winner.

I really didn't understand the 100% payment and the positivity about the Daisy Bank Camp. They seem to have some bigger cabins which have both a double bed and a sofa bed, but the producers decided to put everyone in the micro 'stable' terrace. How anyone could mark down The Three Hills as needing more living space, but not have a problem in those tiny spaces where you were also meant to cook and eat too, just doesn't make sense. Apart from not having any on site facility for eating, there's also a lack of a TV and no Wi fi, but no one seemed to remark on that. It's obviously all in the edit, but that pre-supposes the director has an idea who they want to win :rolleyes:
---

I have the idea that after the series went out, they had the episode taken down, but if it helps it seems to be season 1 episode 2 23 November 2010 you're looking for.
I think they might have used the stable block at Daisy Bank Camp because all thrvother contestants were all singletons and they gave them a shed each🤔. Not defending them I like practically everyone else was astounded they won. But Mrs Shed’s irony kept me amused all week …. “no shower gel” .. amongst other things.

Unless you have a private recording don’t think you can see Donkey Woman anywhere, they have Series 1 on YouTube but as the other poster says you only get the first episode.

Mentioning Donkey Hill reminded me of all the fall out from The Mill at Borrowby and Amanda. It entered as Borrowby Mill near Thirsk and after their night, Amanda was so controversial and got so much flack that they changed its name.

@Marilyn345 yeah possibly. I get that there was only one married couple, but you'd think it was better to show the two different options they have. Those huts were miniscule, someone did compare them to camper van living. I also thought that apart from having to make and strip the sofa bed each day, not having TV or wifi, it was also very short of space for wet weather outdoor gear and muddy boots, given that they market to walkers.

Angie must have a masters in irony, it was comical.

Reactions: 7
At the beginning of this series I was enjoying all the contestants getting on and supporting each other but in the next few weeks I’d like to see:

* someone refusing to accept a payment because they’ve never been so insulted in their life

* someone refusing to stay in the room

* a first up contestant being so FUMING at their feedback they create havoc all week

But I do wonder if channel 4 are playing it relatively safe given the hit the hospitality sector has had over the last few years
Very possibly that in conjunction with the fact they are finding it difficult to recruit family style B&Bs, they are advertising directly in the press for contestants when it used to be they approached possible contestants directly, And who can blame this style of B&B after seeing what they has gone before. I understand the general reply to being asked to be on the show is “not blimmin likely” .. can also explain why they’ve widened the net, brought in all kinds of different venues and changed the narration at the top of the show to “to four holiday hosts”.
Just like you I miss the hoo ha’s😉
---
Mentioning Donkey Hill reminded me of all the fall out from The Mill at Borrowby and Amanda. It entered as Borrowby Mill near Thirsk and after their night, Amanda was so controversial and got so much flack that they changed its name.

@Marilyn345 yeah possibly. I get that there was only one married couple, but you'd think it was better to show the two different options they have. Those huts were miniscule, someone did compare them to camper van living. I also thought that apart from having to make and strip the sofa bed each day, not having TV or wifi, it was also very short of space for wet weather outdoor gear and muddy boots, given that they market to walkers.

Angie must have a masters in irony, it was comical.
Ah Barrowby Mill is my absolute favourite but long since disappeared into the ether never to return 😞 Angela brought it on herself, it was very early in the series and I guess she thought it was OK to break every rule in the book .. for example on payment day one of envelopes containing her payment to another venue was empty 😱😀

Last edited:
  • Wow

Just been watching this run - walk out on payment day, with someone's 'accommodation not fit for a dog'

No wonder I've never seen it repeated 🤭 🤭

• Haha

Just been watching this run - walk out on payment day, with someone's 'accommodation not fit for a dog'

No wonder I've never seen it repeated 🤭 🤭
“I nearly flew across the table and nutted him” while Adam remains totally unbothered 🤣. This is the energy we’re missing!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
“I nearly flew across the table and nutted him” while Adam remains totally unbothered 🤣. This is the energy we’re missing!
OMG this is brilliant! I’ve never seen this one. £119 underpayment 🤣 The most explosive episode I’ve seen was with Raj vs Kay I think she was called (B&B in Blackpool). The new series is definitely missing this energy!

Reactions: 1
I've noticed a lot of post-Covid TV is gentler and less dramatic.
---
Just watched payment day. Ugh. I'm not hard faced enough to look someone in the eye, underpay them by £40 and not sob and apologise haha.

Last edited:
  • Sad
The repeats on more4 just now are the ones with Tina from Blackpool. Probably the grossest B&B I can remember on the show 🤢

• Heart
The repeats on more4 just now are the ones with Tina from Blackpool. Probably the grossest B&B I can remember on the show 🤢
Was that the one where she threw the payment back at Raj? I referred to that episode above but thought she was called Kay 🤦🏻‍♀️ That was such a cringeworthy week 😁

Was that the one where she threw the payment back at Raj? I referred to that episode above but thought she was called Kay 🤦🏻‍♀️ That was such a cringeworthy week 😁
Kay was her daughter and she snatched the money back after Tina through it at Raj 😂

• Haha