Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bourb0nbiscuits

Chatty Member
Tom sounded like uncle Bryn from gavin & Stacey 😆 he was obviously desperate to win , shame his formula didn’t work for him 🤔

Maxine didn’t do herself any favours either, a grown woman not able to ask for a specific breakfast item & then walking off, give over!

Both the other couples seemed lovely , and both had gorgeous places, hope they get some business from putting themselves through FIAB 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

50sGirl

VIP Member
One second they’re ringing a bell... the next they’re gone, without any explanation

She said she used to live around that area, so perhaps they had a better offer for the night 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Edit: And there goes another! The quality of this show nowadays (worse than his undercooked eggs)
It’s all rather odd isn’t it? It’s always “they’ve had to leave the competition for personal reasons.” We demand to know! 😜

Father and daughter bigged themselves up too much so the others were expecting more.
Sticky and greasy crockery and cutlery would have put me off too.
I got the impression that they didn’t turn up for payment day but that could have just been in the edit.

Maid22

VIP Member
Another dull week - the formula desperately needs an overhaul

Been rewatching the lot with Charlotte Church’s parents on More 4. Even the narration was more interesting back in the day
I don't think they should read feedback until they've all stayed at each others places, soon as anyone says anything negative, they go to the next place on the defensive!

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
It’s funny how some contestants seem to think that getting the plaque is everything - forgetting that how they’ve treated the other people is out there too.

I think if somewhere has online that they’re winners, people are just as likely to look into that as they are Trip Advisor reviews. The last few winners have seemed value for money run by (seemingly) genuine people, whereas the same thing can’t really be said for last night’s winners

bourb0nbiscuits

Chatty Member
The miserable women were fuming that they lost because of Hilary’s over payment 😂 Good enough for them , they came across as horrible, don’t think their appearance on FIAB is going to be the good publicity they probably thought it would be.

50sGirl

VIP Member
problem with this show is some couples are too tactical and it ruins it.
The game players last week have no idea how much damage their actions on this programme will have done to their business.
They had to take down their Facebook page at the weekend due to all the hate and nasty reviews they were receiving. Trip Adviser also had to disable reviews for them.
It’s only a programme ffs, yes they were vile but to seek them out and send hate comments and fake reviews is not on.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I think there was some game playing yesterday because 3 Hills felt threatened 🤔 Emma marked them down on cleanliness for a tiny mark on the bedding yet when the same comment was made about her cushions today she brushed it off. There was a lot of discussion about hash browns in the full English breakfast too yet 3 Hills served hash browns & it wasn’t even mentioned! The first couple & Emma also made a big fuss about the price & whether The Lion (forget it’s name) offered value for money yet she charged the same & I couldn’t really see what extras she added to justify her point. Really not keen on the first couple or Emma this week, they don’t make sense…or perhaps the editing has gone haywire 🤷🏻‍♀️
Totally agree, and how does she know the mark didn’t come from her case/make up etc? She didn’t seem to notice it until night time so it seems unfair to flag it as something the hotel had of hadn’t done…especially when she said about her “handmade cushion cover” that unless someone spilt red wine on it then she wouldn’t change it!
---
Her comment really angered me too. 😡
It’s a fine line between confidence and arrogance and I think all those awards have pushed them into arrogance! It was the dark haired girl from the Lion and Swan’s face 😂

nicalibres

VIP Member
I’m finding this whole series a bit boring. I think if a place is themed it really has to be all or nothing spectacular and The Hatters just looked a bit cheap. Stu and Lou (wtf are those names 🤣) were annoying and I’d never stay anywhere where I’d need to strip the bed. The views were nice but it’s essentially just a caravan park in Norfolk. The couple who won seemed lovely.

Reactions: 7

ldn12345

the fact he tried to undermine the woman who cooked breakfast as it was pre-ordered didnt sit well with me

• Wow

no-no

VIP Member
Well this week was disappointing! Why sign up to a show where you know you’re setting yourself up for the same criticism you’re going to be dishing out then withdraw because you don’t like to hear it 🤯 I expect there were some histrionics behind the scenes (daughter) & the producers were left in the lurch but they made themselves look worse by pulling out & not defending their critique or being open to accepting they may need to brush up in certain areas. I hate to say it but the new series of FIAB has been boring thus far 😔
It’s been crap. They should have stricter contracts because last week when they pulled out last minute was ridiculous too leaving three couples. That mucky dad and daughter must’ve really thought by greeting them with “ello m’duck” all was forgiven.

nicalibres

VIP Member
I defo wouldn’t have stayed in any of the places last night. Chrissy and Pauline seem so lovely and like they’d make perfect hosts of a proper B&B but I’m just not sure I agree with having AirB&Bs on the show; it’s not the same. Maybe they’re running out of places to feature or less people are applying like someone else mentioned.

Sticks&Stones

I was shocked as well at the quality of them. Funnily enough I was just thinking last week how I would quite happily stay in all the places featured and this week (so far) I would avoid them like the plague. I can't think of a time before I've seen where all the guests have declined to go back, two nights on the run. Not that I blame them.

Rosie glow

VIP Member
I'd want lunch, dinner and drinks included for that, not just B&B in what appear to be fairly ordinary rooms with admittedly spectacular views.
---
That smoked salmon and scrambled egg looked rank. I thought he was going to send it back and I wouldn't have blamed him.
And it was a very small portion and on just 1 slice of toast tiny compared to the others

tarahalls

Chatty Member
The first two to host this week were nauseating. I wondered if they were conjoined or keeping each other alive through oxygen exchange from the wrist 🥺

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
I couldn't find a thread for this.
Does anyone else watch it?
Some of this week’s contestants were shocking!

Charlotte8964

I’m just catching up on this weeks…..OMG can they not leave each other alone?!?!?

you are a grown-up couple!! Not lovesick teenagers!

PUT EACH OTHER DOWN!!!! 🤮

• Haha

tarahalls

Chatty Member
Father and son were definitely game players. A shame really because their place would’ve won without their underpayments.
I couldn’t believe the last pair were moaning about their underpayments when, percentage wise, they took far more off the ladies accommodation. £40 for a nights stay. Ridiculous.
I didn’t like them, they were sly! They made such a fuss of the ‘filthy’ toilet 🤨 I saw on the FB forum someone likened the son to Breaking Bad’s Jesse & then I couldn’t unsee it 🤣 I don’t think the second place should even have been in the competition. It wasn’t a B&B & how they got anything above 0 for hosting & breakfast is a mystery to me as they offered neither!!!

• Haha