Formula 1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened on the radio and have noticed they do tend to pick up more than on tv. They talked about Mick having a good race, but I ended up gardening as tomorrow is a wash out here and it’s seemed pretty conclusive what the top 3 would be.
I do feel sorry for Max, twice he’s been penalised for track limits. I get they have to do it but get the gravel back then it’s stay on track or be beached!
Did you listen to BBC Radio 5 Live? As terrible Palmer was as a driver he absolutely rocks as a pundit

Did you listen to BBC Radio 5 Live? As terrible Palmer was as a driver he absolutely rocks as a pundit
Sorry to ask but what is it like listening on radio as to seeing on tv? Not sure I could. I hate listening to cricket on radio

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It's honestly great. Nicholls and Palmer pick up far more stuff than Crofty & Brundle, and read the race much better than them too. You also get (at least if you listen over the F1 App) live team radio instead of the delayed and edited ones we get in the TV broadcast. With Live Timing it becomes pretty enjoyable.

Reactions: 2
Agreed. I really think the commentary as superior and they seem to go into more detail and be more switched on. I have two under 5 so don’t get a chance to sit and watch the race so the radio is brilliant as can dip in and out and have it on in the background.

Reactions: 1
Its being reported that Mercedes are planning on replacing Bottas with Russell before the end of the season...

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The lack of a reaction by the team for his pole position at the weekend (and in general) is very telling. I say there is a lot of internal politics behind the scenes.

Reactions: 6
I would be so surprised if Mercedes change current line up during the season but we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Bottas still got points maybe not what Merc expected as he was on pole but thats racing. His team mate is ruthless and a winner. Nkt gonna give up easily unlike Bottas, sorry but look at other races.
I see the rich race of the year might have fans, Monaco, yeah as no race last year they need people to pay high tkt prices to watch. Nice for fans but we all know it will be more VIP attendees than real actual F1 fans. Not mentioning the boats either.

Reactions: 5
Its being reported that Mercedes are planning on replacing Bottas with Russell before the end of the season...
I'd be so surprised as well if they changed. Mercedes like the stability of this driver pairing. And I just can't see Toto sanctioning this mid season. Not unless Bottas implodes within the team or causes major problems that become a risk to the team competing for the two titles.

Reactions: 8
I can’t see it happening during the season. Perhaps for next year but why switch now when VB is highly likely to be 2nd or 3rd most races. George did well when he stood in and he’s likely to be amazing but it’s not a guarantee.

Reactions: 6
All that is reported is that the engineers arent very happy with him, the bit about possibly replacing him before the season end seems just to be stuff McEvoy from the Daily Mail added (probably wishful thinking).

Mercedes struggles with rear instability this year, the car is way more harder to drive than in the past years: I really doubt that any driver that could realitically replace him would do better when joining mid-season. Not to forget that any change unsettles the situation always.

I dont get why there would be even need to: Imola aside he did exactly what a #2 is supposed to do? Wouldnt surprise me if George's PR team spread this rumour to make him look better after his brainfart recently.

The only way I can see it happening is if Bottas out of frustration plays dirty or if his form drastically drops.

Reactions: 4
All that is reported is that the engineers arent very happy with him, the bit about possibly replacing him before the season end seems just to be stuff McEvoy from the Daily Mail added (probably wishful thinking).

Mercedes struggles with rear instability this year, the car is way more harder to drive than in the past years: I really doubt that any driver that could realitically replace him would do better when joining mid-season. Not to forget that any change unsettles the situation always.

I dont get why there would be even need to: Imola aside he did exactly what a #2 is supposed to do? Wouldnt surprise me if George's PR team spread this rumour to make him look better after his brainfart recently.

The only way I can see it happening is if Bottas out of frustration plays dirty or if his form drastically drops.
Good point! It could come from George PR. I like him, but I did not like that he did not help Bottas at the car crash.

Reactions: 3
I am not a massive merc fan but I love the gesture Toto has made to let grosjean drive at the French GP. Nice for Roman to end on a happier memory.

Reactions: 11
Good point! It could come from George PR. I like him, but I did not like that he did not help Bottas at the car crash.
Yeh, that was poor from George, don't think it did him any favours. I would be surprised if they switched mid season.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.