Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

deadgirlinside

VIP Member
My dad works in Saudi, and we are lucky that he worked his way up the ladder and gave way to my life at the moment. It's true, a lot of Middle Eastern nations love to exploit labor from India, Bangladesh, and the Philippines mostly.

Middle East treats poor people like shit, and they literally live off cheap labor. A prime example is in Dubai. My mom actually thought of us moving there, but my parents saw that yes, we can have a good life there, but at the expense of our fellow Filipinos who are treated like animals?

And living there is a nightmare. They don't have sewage systems, so trucks have to junk out septic tanks to dump them God knows where.

We have a lot of cases in that Arab men rape their maids, and the maids are the ones paying the price. They beat maids, and even lock them out.

They are walking hypocrites!

• Sad
Reactions: 8

kubnikol

VIP Member
you are silent all day , and now we stopped at mcdonald's for ice cream and there is so much to read 😂 ahhhh

• Haha

Pole er bear

VIP Member
Found this.... Anthoine, Charles, Estaban, and Gasly back in the karting days. Apparently this is where the rivalry started when Estaban intentionally hit Pierre

1648216859701.png

• Haha
  • Heart

imola

VIP Member
I get it because listen to the difference in the way people talk about the war in Ukraine v elsewhere (if they even talk about it).

War in Ukraine - terrible, shocking, upsetting
War in Middle East/Africa - they're always fighting, it's different, it's expected

Just complete disregard that there are humans dying and refugees that need help in these "less civilized places". I understand how proximity may affect someone's reaction, for example someone living in Europe, but I don't think that explains it in this situation...
I think a lot of it is internalized racism to be honest. Same reason why refugees from the Middle East weren’t as welcome (thinking about 2015 mainly) as Ukrainian refugees are. And it’s a shame because at the end of the day they’re all just suffering people who fear for their lives and deserve help and a chance at a better future. I don’t know why they keep measuring misery against misery and evaluating one as worse. It’s all terrible.

ummidk33104

Chatty Member
Yeah that’s why I’m asking. Surely private planes are included in that, right?
Aviation geek here. When the airspace is shut down, it's shut down. Super unfortunate but depending on the situation, it would take a couple of hours or a day or two to get this smoke covered off in this particular situation. This smoke looks pretty big. It could take a while. Plus hearing it was an attack, they should shut down the airspace.

Pole er bear

VIP Member
I love Lewis
There are 3 kinds of F1 drivers.....
Those too into themselves to notice (eveyone else)
Those who are genuinely caring people and worry about Lewis (Ocon and Mick)
Those who secretly wouldn't be upset if lewis hurt himself jumping off the back of a moving truck (Bottas and Max)
1648047857927.png

• Haha

Blablabla29

VIP Member
there’s a lot of people on twitter saying that lando and lu have broke up?? but it all seems very much no source just vibes lol
Considering he liked her last post in the 10 minutes after she posted it, i doubted it. I think this is just some delusional "fans"

We finally know what happened to checo on sunday 😂

• Haha

imola

VIP Member
F2 Quali is almost over but they went ahead, likely that FP2 is going to happen as well then

I hope teams and pilots be vocal and say no race here after this
This is unacceptable
It’s the double standards that I was referring to yesterday, not one of them said anything, neither did they in December

• Angry
  • Sad

lni33

VIP Member
To be fair though the UK has managed also to produce a racist Home Secretary who is also a woman of colour and daughter of immigrants. Plus a quick search of UK stories about Ukrainian refugees only them described far different ways yo other refugees
View attachment 1150307
Priti Patel is an absolutely vile human being (fits right in with the rest of that party)

• Heart

imola

VIP Member
I read something that explains how certain areas of the media dehumanises people by the use of words like refugees and migrants. It stops the viewer relating to people on a human to human level so people are conditioned not to care about people who aren't white. Also seen in war propaganda in WW2.

This is a very clumsy explanation on my part.
No it makes sense and I think that’s part of it. That’s the foundation of racism, not being able to relate to people because of so called “differences”, which are only enhanced by terms like these.

They need to get the drivers and teams to somewhere safe, if it goes ahead. the drivers better speak out on how they think it’s disgusting they are being made to continue in danger. Peoples families be watching back home, imagine the riccardo family waking up to see a bomb has gone off near f1 track coz of time difference. This ain’t right at all
Not even just them. The locals, the fans, the marshals, everyone is at risk.

MissF1

VIP Member
Oh my god, I have no words

Max has just been looking at Twitter and somebody posted somebody sucking a d*ck 💀
And it just sat on screen for a solid 30 seconds while he was on another screen reading something. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I’m actually dying. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7