Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blablabla29

VIP Member
I totally agree about Lando, but Daniel is still only 32, let’s not forget that Fernando as the oldest driver on the grid is a good 10 years older. Plus Daniel still has a contract for next year so no matter how things go, he at least has another year. He was on par with Lando in the 2nd half of the season and if the car stays shitty, they really can’t be measured against each other, there’s no real reference. I think McLaren and Daniel love each other way too much and believe in each other too much to part ways. I don’t think a lot of people will agree with me but if McLaren give Daniel a better car, he’s going to do amazing things. That overtake on Latifi didn’t mean a lot last time around but it was much braver than anything he did in 2021 so it’s obvious he’s got more confidence on this car and can pull better moves.

About Carlos, I think he’s been overhyped these last few months. Sure, he’s an amazing driver. But this is his 8th season and he’s never even been really close to a win. And people are quick to say that he’s never been in a race winning car but Sebastian got his first win in a Toro Rosso, Esteban won in a Renault, that McLaren in 2020 could’ve won races as well - granted it would need a crazy race but it could’ve been possible. And Carlos has had a lot of luck, even on Sunday when he got elevated from P3 to P2 without doing anything. Or during the entirety of 2021 when all his podiums were just because he got lucky, there’s a reason that man wasn’t able to actually stand on the podium twice 😂 I don’t have anything against Carlos I promise but I think it you put Daniel and Carlos in the same car, Daniel would be better.
I don't really agree with you on that. I think the 2nd part of last season Daniel profited from Lando's mistakes and bad luck to create an illusion that they were at the same level. He finish higher at Spa and Sochi because of Lando's mistakes. In Turkey he was nowhere (sorry). And i'm still a little mad at him for his mistake in Mexico, his job was to score as much points as possible considering Lando was at the back of the grid and he didn't. But i'm not saying Daniel is a bad driver, it would be stupid to think that, and that he doesn't deserve a seat. i'm just saying that he struggled a lort last year and that his season was meh despite his win in Monza. I have to say that i had more expectations from him when he signed with McLaren but this is just my opinion.
And yes Carlos is maybe overhyped a little too much and had been lucky but i think he has a quality that Daniel hasn't: he can adapt to a car better or is able to perform with a car even if it is not 100% made for his driving style. So i hope he will be able to have this win this season.

But this is great to have différent opinions and be able to talk about it without insulting each other like on some others places 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

Ultimate Lurkee

VIP Member
I get the impression that no one in F1 management cares about the health of the drivers or crews... 39 races a year, fuck off. People need to be able to go home at some stage
Screenshot_20220323-093713_Twitter.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow

lni33

VIP Member
Which one of you guys’ tiktok accounts have I just found then? 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart

imola

VIP Member
Valtteri 🤝 P3
McLaren didn’t do as bad as I thought they would but I don’t trust FP1 in the slightest

imola

VIP Member
I see your point. Daniel has been more successful in his career than Carlos. Yes, the car is shit and I see why you say Daniel would finish higher if you put him and Carlos in the same car. I think everything right now is just pure luck. It's just gonna take time for everyone to get used to these new cars. Some more than others obviously.
I also wouldn’t be surprised if we go to another circuit and suddenly it’s an entirely different team at the top. Things are still so unpredictable, at this point I wouldn’t rule out a Bottas win to be honest.

• Heart

Futtrit

VIP Member
Talk about kicking you while you're already down Lando fans!

*Brutal crop (literally)

• Haha

lni33

VIP Member
So none of you think it’s weird that all the drivers go to the same guy to get their hair done in Bahrain? And that it seems to be a yearly thing? 😂
He better be the literal only hairdresser in Bahrain, there is no other explanation as to why they all happily go to this guy and let him do that to them 😂

• Haha

Blablabla29

VIP Member
The french tv presenter said that McLaren, by removing the orange paint on the top of the car (where they put the android sponsor), reduce their weight by 3-4kg 😲😲. That huge for just some paint !

• Wow