Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pole er bear

VIP Member
Okay here to shed some light on how having Vestris data is probably really beneficial to James.

Teams simulations and models are extremely advanced and its likely this data will be placed into their models and studied.

They will compare his data to what's considered 'a benchmark' (is that Alex, is that a projected lap time, Logan, a specific rival car in the field?) Thats determined by the team. But what they can then do is overlay Vestris data like a ghost car against benchmark or a target against their own and see how he stacks up in real time. They can also go plug all his data back into the simulator and then see how it compares to their model or what their simulator driver or current drivers can do (for those unaware, there are designated test and simulation. Drivers, who's entire job is to run in the simulator during the race, weekends, and after sessions they will do overnight simulation runs for the team at the track)

What they can also do is use that data to determine projected lap times based on conditions, temperature, tyre, fuel load, ect. And also compare that to their own projected lap times and what his are

All of this can also be done with simulator data as they are highly corrlelateable to real life. (See above)
So next question... is this normal? Do they do this with anyone's data?

Reactions: 1

Pole er bear

VIP Member
Not to stray too far off topic and into politics but the way I always see these things is that the political spectrum is a circle and not a straight line. The far right and the far left are not as misaligned as many would believe, there’s a hell of a lot of overlap. But no this kind of move isn’t surprising it’s been happening in a lot of countries. Italy with Giorgia Meloni, even Marine Le Pen in France came pretty close. It’s the way of the world it seems atm because of the state many countries are in, particularly financially
the only things i'd say as an american is
1. i thought trump couldnt be worse than bush. i was wrong. the difference is when it insights people to hate. we didnt expect that and werent prepared for it. so ideas and policies are all fine, just dont go getting people crazy with hate

2. there is no good way to do universal health care or retirement. Im 41 and have had to pay into a system my entire life I have never used and will never support me. Private health care and self funding retirement are really the only thing I put savings into. it sucks, but after being thrown on public health care for 2 years and never getting an appointment, no way in hell do i trust public health care.
(Also i dont have children so i can afford to save. if i had children this would be completely different)

Last edited:

pastafasta

VIP Member
Did Rebecca convince Michael Rubin that Lilla should be allowed out to play
Funny how it was talked about how it's sus she's not hanging out with Lilia much and...
... they really do as people say, don't they? Such a genuine bunch of people. 🤷‍♀️

ghostyhost

Chatty Member
So next question... is this normal? Do they do this with anyone's data?
Yes and no. Teams have acess to the basics within whats available on track and will sometimes ask for data for a signing but usually do their own recon. This will be much more detailed. Teams often use the same back doors as fans do for competitor data.

CateMaes

I adore Sharl to the moon and back together with his precious dimples…
Nothing quite like a spectacular set of dimples, is there.
Charles became my driver to barrack for after DR & HIS dimples left the grid.
I might actually have a dimple addiction!

OOps2022

VIP Member
Carlos no offense but you really should focus on driving

I just started watching so no idea what happened, will watch from now and from replay q1 later
but where are ig stans now that like to talk about lucky charms

• Haha

kubnikol

VIP Member
I have a feeling carmen is trying to get paid for her paddock entrances. Her whole not posting all week and not being photographed tell me she's only doing that.
Get paid for what ? 😳😳 like Yeah I’m here, take a pic of me and send me a money ? Hell no 🙄

• Haha

OOps2022

VIP Member
Carlos just cant wait to get back to Rebecca in the garage
YES!!! more Sainz Sr and Robert S looking emotional
---
so how many places can they put carlos back this week
oh I haven't watched fp2 - don;t tell me there was a crash again....

I will watch it later, @kiiwiih - with you in mind, I will try to catch Carlos Snr to make a screenshot :LOL: