Formula 1 Wags #196 El Gran Premio de México! Quién es el padre del bastardo?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pierre 😂 I know he's not the most popular on here but he's great with fans if you catch him. He got me a free hat in Belgium because I had him signing a Silverstone one and he said I needed the special Belgian one as well, one of Alpine's PR ladies came out and handed me one he'd signed about 10 minutes later. Thanks Pierre babe.

Lando's very nice if you're at Silverstone. He puts in a lot of effort there. Since it's a WAG thread I should also probably mention Lily, if she's with Alex she'll go along the line of fans and grab stuff from kids for him to sign, go get it done, and bring it back to them. Class act, I've seen her a few times doing that.
I always said pierre or checo would probably be the only 2 drivers i could tolerate longer than 15 minutes. not attracted to either and absolutely repulsed by many things they do, but find them actually more normal and relatable than most of the grid in their interviews.
wouldnt want to hook up with them, but would totally go on an all night bender with either

Also! Yes, Lily, my American babe (until #JustieforRiley) you are back on my wag good side.
That moving the fan line along is a classic move Luisa eventually got (after adam probably told her to)
and I think Cha did it too, but I think I have actually only heard good things about cha at the races too.
Will give them all credit for doing a bit a of work!
Can you imagine Carmen doing the same?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Pierre's an interesting one I think because I remember his first couple of years there were quite a few reports of him being rude and dismissive to fans, and even though F1 was nowhere near as big on social media then he got a bit of a reputation for it and quite a few people called him out. But he seemed to really learn from that and ever since Covid I've not seen anything about bad fan interactions with him.
He was nice in 2019 the first time I met him, but I was speaking French (it was the French GP so I'd been speaking/thinking in French the entire weekend) so maybe that made the difference, I've spoke to him in English every other time and he's been great. Usually drivers are a bit nicer in their home race/native language, you see the difference with Lando for example who puts in far more effort at Silverstone and will go down the line of fans for about 15-20 minutes each morning as he comes in which he doesn't do in other places.

The only ones I've found to be in any way rude were Hulk, Daniel, and obviously Lance. Some of the drivers are more introverted, but as long as it's at the track where they're expecting it they're usually happy to take a picture and sign things, especially if it's their own merch. I've seen George tell a few people he won't sign their Red Bull stuff, but he's not rude about it (Lewis will sign it though lmao)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The only ones I've found to be in any way rude were Hulk, Daniel, and obviously Lance.
Oooo do tell...

The only current drivers I've met are Lewis, Fernando, Checo, Alex, Lando, Carlos & Bottas and they were all perfectly pleasant and friendly to everyone (though you could tell Lando & Bottas are both quite shy). Fernando was the most outgoing & effusive, there were a couple of little kids there when I met him and he was very cool with them.

ETA: Of the ex-drivers I've met, Seb, Jenson, Alex Wurz, JEV, Stoffel, Rosberg, Fisi, Webber, Coulthard, Mika, Grosjean, Heidfeld, Sutil, Kubica were all nice to everyone from what I saw (I'm sure I'm forgetting some too). The only one I've ever encountered who was rude to people was Ralf Schumacher, but I'm sure that's a surprise to absolutely no-one! 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
hulk is german, so that i expect ( i dont get along with german men in general for some reason)

im also on the daniel is a fake marketing bleep, but im in the minority here

• Haha
I used to really root for Lance. I'm Canadian, so that was part of it. But largely, I thought he was a decent guy despite his privilege and a decent driver despite him being a pay driver. I really wanted him to do well, and prove the haters and skeptics wrong. But his attitude over the past few months has turned me off.

I totally understand if a driver is not in a good mood after a bad race. But Lance has been uncooperative race after race. And as I just learned thanks to this thread, usually not friendly with fans. I can't help but compare him to Checo and Logan. They, like Lance, are having stinker seasons. But they have even more to lose since their dads don't own their team. They're actually at risk of losing their seats and livelihoods. And yet, Checo and Logan are always polite and cooperative with journalists and fans. They always answer questions, no one word responses. Also, no shoving team members. Like you can't be frosty with fans and journalists and struggle as a driver. Like pick one struggle.

It's a shame when we consider all the promising young drivers who would
1. actually be so grateful and excited to be in F1
2. probably drive better than Lance is right now. Or they'd at least have the potential to be better.
3. be friendlier with fans
4. actually try to give journalists and fans some content (I remember thinking that Lance was such a killjoy/buzzkill in this year's Grill the Grid videos. The challenges are usually silly, but at least try)

I do have some empathy for Lance. He's probably not a terrible person. And Lance is definitely going through a lot mentally. I just hope he figures out what actually makes him happy and goes for it. Because Lance, unlike most of us, has the privilege to do almost anything he wants. Yet Lance is still in F1 when it looks like he doesn't look like he enjoys any aspect of it, from racing to the fans.

Reactions: 6
Oooo do tell...
When Hulk was a reserve at Aston he came out during the pit walk at Silverstone, walked up to the barrier to see the fans coming into the pitlane, and then tried to tell his security to keep everyone away from his section of the barrier. No matter, Seb had come out at the same time so I don't think any fans were coming to see Hulk anyway...

Ever since he left RB I thought Daniel was a PR merchant, but I watched him take friendship bracelets (the homemade ones you see people making for all sorts of events these days) from a few fans at the paddock entrance barriers, then chuck them on the floor the second he went through the paddock turnstiles, while he was still in view 🤯 Didn't believe what I was seeing but the OH confirmed that my eyes weren't deceiving me. Really hope those fans didn't see it, they looked pretty young and I'd have been heartbroken at that age if it was me.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I've seen George tell a few people he won't sign their Red Bull stuff, but he's not rude about it (Lewis will sign it though lmao)
for some reason this is exactly what i expect... but i also find hilarious
was just going to add from a friend who was part of a Lewis NY Fashion Week event in early 2010s, think nicole was there
lewis was very professional. she said there was a definite respect demanded, and given, but he wasn't an asshole. She said he was pretty typical of the celebs, but also he aknowleged the fans a lot more than just the gig. not an f1 fan but still found him memorable years later as a good one to work with.
---
When Hulk was a reserve at Aston he came out during the pit walk at Silverstone, walked up to the barrier to see the fans coming into the pitlane, and then tried to tell his security to keep everyone away from his section of the barrier. No matter, Seb had come out at the same time so I don't think any fans were coming to see Hulk anyway...

Ever since he left RB I thought Daniel was a PR merchant, but I watched him take friendship bracelets (the homemade ones you see people making for all sorts of events these days) from a few fans at the paddock entrance barriers, then chuck them on the floor the second he went through the paddock turnstiles, while he was still in view 🤯 Didn't believe what I was seeing but the OH confirmed that my eyes weren't deceiving me. Really hope those fans didn't see it, they looked pretty young and I'd have been heartbroken at that age if it was me.
i mean he never did address or refund those enchantes overpriced tit bracelets
he could have at least recycled the fan ones if he didnt like them...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I used to really root for Lance. I'm Canadian, so that was part of it. But largely, I thought he was a decent guy despite his privilege and a decent driver despite him being a pay driver. I really wanted him to do well, and prove the haters and skeptics wrong. But his attitude over the past few months has turned me off.

I totally understand if a driver is not in a good mood after a bad race. But Lance has been uncooperative race after race. And as I just learned thanks to this thread, usually not friendly with fans. I can't help but compare him to Checo and Logan. They, like Lance, are having stinker seasons. But they have even more to lose since their dads don't own their team. They're actually at risk of losing their seats and livelihoods. And yet, Checo and Logan are always polite and cooperative with journalists and fans. They always answer questions, no one word responses. Also, no shoving team members. Like you can't be frosty with fans and journalists and struggle as a driver. Like pick one struggle.

It's a shame when we consider all the promising young drivers who would
1. actually be so grateful and excited to be in F1
2. probably drive better than Lance is right now. Or they'd at least have the potential to be better.
3. be friendlier with fans
4. actually try to give journalists and fans some content (I remember thinking that Lance was such a killjoy/buzzkill in this year's Grill the Grid videos. The challenges are usually silly, but at least try)

I do have some empathy for Lance. He's probably not a terrible person. And Lance is definitely going through a lot mentally. I just hope he figures out what actually makes him happy and goes for it. Because Lance, unlike most of us, has the privilege to do almost anything he wants. Yet Lance is still in F1 when it looks like he doesn't look like he enjoys any aspect of it, from racing to the fans.
Yeah it’s only the last few months he’s really started to annoy me because it’s like he’s not even attempting to hide his distaste and when you see how many drivers there are that would be more than deserving of his seat and would actually appreciate it, it just feels wrong

I’ve heard really nice things from fans about Logan this year tbh. Everyone always says he’s really friendly and spends a lot of time making sure he’s signed as much as he can, and I know a few even said at least early on that he seemed surprised people even wanted to take photos with him etc which is quite refreshing from the arrogance a lot of sportspeople seem to exude. He might suck a bit as a driver but again, he seems like he’s really trying and making the most of the experience so you can’t knock him for that
---
That is absolutely horrendous. I’m sure many of them throw stuff away that they’re given I’m under no illusions about that but to be so blatant is shocking

That is absolutely horrendous. I’m sure many of them throw stuff away that they’re given I’m under no illusions about that but to be so blatant is shocking
Exactly, there's no way they can keep everything they're given nor would they want to. But this is why there's always staff with them, they can hand it to them and they can bin it if they really can't wait five minutes until they're in the hospitality to shove it in the bin.

Except Lando and Lewis who basically have entire rooms full of the tit fans have given them because they don't like binning things people have made for them. I respect them both for it a lot but ngl, the hoarding potential there is insane, especially Lewis with how long he's been in the sport 😂

I always thinks it's nice though when one of them shows it on an insta story as they've done in the past and people get so excited to see their stuff there. Especially to young fans, a gesture like that can mean a lot. Same as when the drivers wear jewellery people have made for them. It's such a small gesture that can clearly make someone else's day.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Omg that's wild.

It definitely makes me appreciate Charles more, since he actually keeps and wears quite a few fan made bracelets. I remember seeing how delighted a fan on Tiktok was after Charles wore her bracelet for weeks/months

Danny has always given me the ick tbh. But everyone in F1 has always spoken highly of his demeanour, even when he was struggling in McLaren, so I dismissed it as a "just me" feeling. I have read some positive stories of people meeting him on Reddit so I guess Danny can be hit or miss with fans. Drivers are just human so if they have off experiences with some fans,I wouldn't hold it against them and I get not wanting to keep everything fans give you but trashing your young fans' gifts right away receiving them is... yikes.

😂 (I agree with everything you guys are saying)

View attachment 2547554
Well at least now it's "witches" and not "old ladies forum"

(I did not read posts about Lance yet :oops: just scanned previous page and saw the screenshot, so my comment is not related to the subject of discussion:p 😅)

Last edited:
  • Haha
I've seen George tell a few people he won't sign their Red Bull stuff, but he's not rude about it (Lewis will sign it though lmao)
Lewis signing Red Bull merch is hilarious and amazing 😂
___

I love when drivers sign unconventional things

Charles signed a bag of chips in Singapore–though he refused to sign someone's car and said he only signs Ferraris haha.

Not sure if this was posted already since it happened in March, but my favorite driver autograph is Oscar signing his iconic tweet
Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 8.48.02 PM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Except Lando and Lewis who basically have entire rooms full of the tit fans have given them because they don't like binning things people have made for them. I respect them both for it a lot but ngl, the hoarding potential there is insane, especially Lewis with how long he's been in the sport 😂

I always thinks it's nice though when one of them shows it on an insta story as they've done in the past and people get so excited to see their stuff there. Especially to young fans, a gesture like that can mean a lot. Same as when the drivers wear jewellery people have made for them. It's such a small gesture that can clearly make someone else's day.
That’s true 🤣 but Lewis has like a thousand houses so at least he’s got the room 😭 Charles wears a lot of stuff from fans too which I always think is a nice touch
---
Omg that's wild.

It definitely makes me appreciate Charles more, since he actually keeps and wears quite a few fan made bracelets. I remember seeing how delighted a fan on Tiktok was after Charles wore her bracelet for weeks/months

Danny has always given me the ick tbh. But everyone in F1 has always spoken highly of his demeanour, even when he was struggling in McLaren, so I dismissed it as a "just me" feeling. I have read some positive stories of people meeting him on Reddit so I guess Danny can be hit or miss with fans. Drivers are just human so if they have off experiences with some fans,I wouldn't hold it against them and I get not wanting to keep everything fans give you but trashing your young fans' gifts right away receiving them is... yikes.
I feel the same and have always given them the benefit of the doubt when I’ve heard or read stuff because we all have bad days but now I’m older and more miserable with my own life I’m like actually, you know what … they only have to put a smile on their face and act interested for what, 10 minutes at a time and it would genuinely make so many peoples days, and takes literally no effort from them. Don’t get me wrong, those fans that are rude or the intrusive ones that get all pushy, I can see why they wouldn’t interact with them. But the vast majority are polite and have paid so much money to be there, it’s literally the least the drivers can do. Without fans they wouldn’t have a job at the end of the day. I’m sure there’s many times in all of our lives where we’re miserable but at work or in public we don’t show it, because it’s unprofessional

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I ‘met’ Hulk once at Silverstone when I was on the grid to do a hot lap and he walked around with such an arrogant attitude like he was above everyone and was flanked by 3 Aston Martin workers so no one could approach him. 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Im surprised Lando still has circulation in his hands at times with the amount of bracelets he stacks up on his wrists 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
That's horrible and so disappointing! He has always come off to me as someone who is kind, but i guess not:(

• Sad
Reactions: 3
You know we would be flayed alive if we said this on twitter 😂 why I love it here so much!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.