Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

yukinobambino

VIP Member

I know the term couple goals is thrown around too much but god, my future partner better go as hard for me as Valtteri does for Tiff. I don't think we see any other driver (besides maybe Alex) supporting their partner's endeavours as much, if not more than their own.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

pastafasta

VIP Member
I've just seen videos of Stroll and Albon after the race and seriously, this is just mad. If one person is sick, it could only be "just" one person's problem. But when multiple people struggle, then the problem is definitely elsewhere. This is crazy. :oops:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
I know I've already annoyed someone today by questioning this, but watching Lando's sky interview, I just cannot wrap my head around why he's acting like this? George crashing end of Singapore and being sad, I get, Checo being miserable, I understand, but ultimately, for McLaren, this is a great result. His frustration yesterday, okay I understand it, he did make mistakes which led to him being P10, but today he quali'ed P2 and finished P3...team mate beating you (to a "win") can be frustrating also, but he's on the "podium"....I literally just can not wrap my head around this reaction. And surely, carrying this frustration and anger at himself forward, isn't going to help his race results?? not tryna police his emotions or say it's an "over-reaction" just....perplexes me. anyone got any insights?
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're asking this in good faith.

I'm sure you're aware because he has talked openly and honestly about it many times over at this point but he struggles with his mental health, particularly with anxiety and self-doubt, which manifested itself in some quite serious imposter syndrome in his first season/season and a half in F1. This isn't conjecture or projection, it's stuff he's talked about openly and McLaren have talked about and even Trevor Carlin his old F2 boss has talked about (Seidl once went into details about how worried the team were about him when he was living alone during Covid).

He's talked about how he has learned to manage it and has it more or less under control now but I guess the thing is with any mental health struggles they never go away, people just learn ways to silence them so they lay dormant. Obviously none of us know what's going on with him because we're not him and don't even know him, but from the outside it looks like for some reason he has turned up this weekend a little on edge and things seem to be spiralling a bit in a way that watching it is very reminiscent of his rookie year in F1, when a little mistake or two early on would send him on a downward spiral for the entire weekend. The way he couldn't get his mistakes under control yesterday (he has track limits issues sometimes but not normally like that) and he said on the radio to his engineer he was too tense, he clearly knew the car was good enough for front row and he said himself that knows he let himself down and he's always been incredibly hard on himself (a trait Charles also shares, I've never seen two drivers beat themselves up quite so much when they make mistakes) and he's also always been very much about the team so probably feels he's let the team down too, he alluded to that in his interview as well. Then today, he was doing an excellent job in quali, set for pole until he made a mistake on the last corner of his last lap and lost the lap and continues beating himself up, that much was clear in his interview right afterwards. Then in the race, starting on the dirty side of the grid which is awful in Qatar he got a bad start plus getting swallowed up by the soft runners and had to fight his way back to 3rd while his teammate won the race thanks in large part to the clean getaway he was able to get from pole - the one he had messed up and thrown away just a few hours beforehand.

Listening to him talking through his interviews after the race, I don't think it's for effect, or for sympathy or even self-pity. Everything about it from the way he's driving to his interviews afterwards is like he's turned up this weekend stuck back in 2019. Who knows why. I don't think it's Oscar, he's actually had him covered on pace all weekend without the mistakes, Oscar wasn't on his tail pushing him in qual yesterday, he was several tenths off when they both got a clean lap. Could be he knew McLaren would have an amazing car this weekend and he's put too much pressure on himself to try and get that first win. Could be something in his personal life we have no idea of. Could just be his demons have surfaced for no good reason - anyone who struggles with mental health issues knows it can happen sometimes. Whatever it is, demeanour-wise it's like watching him in his rookie season again

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

matto

VIP Member
Literally went off of the internet for a while and missed the race but wtf:

1696796773572.png

1696796800484.png

Management needs to do better. The drivers are the stars, they're the reason why people watch F1 in the first place- and their safety is of the utmost importance, how can a person go into their workplace and do what they're supposed to do, under these circumstances and conditions?
I guess, cash is indeed king in F1. disgusting.

Last edited:

SophiaL123

Chatty Member
Video of Alex and George running a red light at a crazy speed... not cute
It's never cute, people die of things like this, when are these idiots going to realize they are not the only ones on earth?
I'm genuinely not okay with that, I have a family member that died in a car crash (drunken driver) and shit like this really pisses me off
Lewis and Max also pissed me off, but this one seems even worse since it's a slow road and not a highway
It's awful when anyone does it, but in neighbourhoods with kids probably running around? F*ck right off

• Sad
  • Angry

fryolyfe

VIP Member
This is a horrific look for F1. Nico did his usual thing and spilled that Pirelli had warned the FIA that the tyres would struggle at this circuit, and they decided to ignore it and proceed as normal. And now this. Charles saying his vision was blurry, Lance saying he thought he was passing out at every corner, even Max saying it was silly to be racing when it was this hot. Drivers passing out, being sick etc. Just awful. Someone shouldn’t be racing after they’ve thrown up, what if they choked? Just horrific management all round. Severely hope it gets looked into and not brushed under the carpet

Reactions: 13

sofiamae1994

VIP Member
I find it fascinating that people who claim to be fans of Lando can't just congratulate Oscar without shitting on or putting down Lando in the process. The people who live to hate on him I get because they've made that their entire personality but people who claim to be his fans? That's a new one. And yes I'm looking at a few people on here as well.

Congrats Oscar, am really happy for him. Boy did good today.

And huge congrats to Max, what a season he has had. I know some people feel like this season has been boring but as someone who loves the technical side of F1 as much as the racing, there's something really beautiful about those times when we get to watch a driver/car pairing so perfectly in synch. (felt the same way when it was Lewis as well)

Louanne

VIP Member
Sky have just confirmed that 2/3 drivers have taken themselves off to the medical centre to get checked, not even by directed by their teams to go.

Ocon was throwing up for 2 laps? Fucking hell.

• Sad
  • Wow

CHAMPIONOF

IMG_1480.jpeg

Does she not do one of these reset planning days every other week?? Also social media break when the last time she posted was two days ago….hilarious

• Haha
  • Sick

hello2723

VIP Member
He really does just look more and more disappointed/sad in each interview 😕

---
Genuinely hope he avoids all social media until after the race tomorrow at least. Theres genuinely people who are laughing at and enjoying the fact hes quite clearly sad/upset in some of his interviews 😕

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

Louanne

VIP Member
Alex had to be helped out if his car and went to the medical centre.
These are some of the fittest men anywhere.
This race has been a joke for many reasons, but the idea of accidents due to drivers passing out or tyres bursting shouldn't be a thing. So unsafe.

Reactions: 12

Pole er bear

VIP Member
Seriously!!! 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Lnfour is officially his slutty account
But also appreciate the jontent
And agree, Jon must be protected, he can never leave lando
---
Just documenting in case carmen tries to start giving financial influencer advice....

Screenshot_20231005_075337_Instagram.jpg

---
The opposite of Carmen
Screenshot_20231005_080107_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12