Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imolathesecond

VIP Member
It’s just sucky when you’re still under contract so there’s some sense of security… like Checo and Racing Point. 🙃

The public blasting by Zak was also just really 😖 kinda like what Helmut does sometimes…
I see how it may come across as blasting but I think we need to put our bias aside for a second. He was asked about Daniel, he answered honestly, same about the contractual situation. He also went on to say how they will ensure he's got everything to make it work, he's said so many really nice things which seem to get lost in the one thing where he was being honest about how this partnership isn't working. Could he've worded it more gracefully? Probably. But also, I don't think it's possible to say that in a way that doesn't sound kind of odd especially with the media twisting his words and using headlines deliberately to make him look worse. Helmut using therapy as a punishment for 'problem child' Yuki or saying Checo is used to the threat of bombs because he's Mexican really isn't the same as saying 'neither of us have gotten what we wanted out of this partnership'. I don't think Zak is the greatest guy generally speaking, but can't blame the guy for being honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

lni33

VIP Member
Let’s just take a minute to appreciate how far we’ve come in a year, the glow up in camera quality 👌🏻 Stila was our bravest soldier, wonder what she’s up to these days 😂

69C0720C-1300-4532-B832-C16F4BBB154B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Sebs Scooter

VIP Member
Who boy! I miss several weeks for vacation and bonkers work schedule and come back to this! I had skip lord knows how many threads since France but I think I'm up to speed. What a start to the summer break. I wondered when Fernando would tear off his "I'm a nice guy now!" costume and throw a grenade.

Missed you guys...hope everyone is surviving the drama so far ❤

• Heart
  • Haha

Minttu

VIP Member
Sorry how have I not seen this driver before. Came up on my Insta. Far too young for me but sure 😂
Watch one F2 race and you'll see what an idiot he is. Takes the handsomeness straight out of the dude 🤢

• Haha

oetkb

It’s shit for DR. It really is. But the team exists for one reason only- to be competitive. He’s had a season and a half and not only has he been beaten by his team mate, he’s been so far behind him it’s been painful to watch. Mclaren don’t have another year to wait for him to catch up, no team would.

Its cutthroat and unpleasant but points = money, and he’s not bringing the points.

I would be shit at running a team cause I’d be hanging on for years waiting for him to get good again, but it’s not going to happen.

monza

VIP Member
During one of my thousand monologues "how could an average driver destroy team as powerful as Renault" my sister just muttered "below-average".
Stupid bitch (she is reading this)

• Haha
  • Wow

issavibe

I just posted but I never introduced myself - been reading here for ages but have never caught up to the next thread, anyways here I am so can now post 😂

I’m a big Sainz fan, enjoy all the others except Lewis! In terms of WAGs, Isa is goals and cha can get in the bin. Hoping one day Giada and Charles make it back to each other so queen smug can see how it feels.
Lol

• Heart
  • Haha

Minttu

VIP Member
Yeah, we were not this, pretty poor family with 5 kids, our holidays were cheap caravan holidays in south west England 😅

I’m not mad though, they were still good fun and since going to uni I’ve been able to travel more, never made it out of Europe though
I'm an only child, so that explains (alot) why I've been spoiled with travel. And also, after my moms diagnosis in 2000, we decided to travel to collect memories, and for me to experience some of the places she loves. (Like Rodos, who I have inherited from her. As I said in an earlier thread, I still have "uncles" there, who's just waiting for me to come back, they are people she partied with in the 80's😂😂)

I've been lucky enough to also be able to go to the US three times, first time with my family, and the other two alone, first for an exchange program with the organisation i now work for, and the second to be a part of my host sisters wedding 😅 First time i went there alone, I sat on the plane a week after my moms funeral. Only because I knew she would have wanted it that way ❤

• Heart

MissF1

VIP Member
I mean maybe but I guess it’s fair to say they were right in looking for a new driver to maximize their team which is what everyone wants, these things just happen in F1 and I don’t think anyone is being malicious at all, we don’t really have the full picture to make that judgement call
I agree. And I do think this was the best move for McLaren and for DR. But DR has been on a PR blitz about how committed he is to this team. And all that was happening while they were obviously in talks with other people. But you’re right, its the name of the game in F1. I mean McLaren has done to him what he did to Renault. 🤷‍♀️
I just feel bad for him and I’m not ever the biggest fan.