Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Knit Happens

VIP Member
I understood that she gave the cake (for free) so a little "Thank you" from the team could have been nice/polite, not too much asked it seems 🤷‍♀️
It could have been good publicity for her... i don't see it as shady, not far from they sponsorship deals (coca, amazon, hilton videos)
maybe there's more to the story or I'm missing something 🤷‍♀️

but #cakegate is funny 😂
It would be good to know the full story. I have to say that small businesses doing work for free 'for exposure' gets my nerves twitching, especially when it's a big company like McLaren doing it.

I have a tote bag that sums up my thoughts on this that I bought from a woman-owned small business who had someone try and take advantage of her and tell her she would be paid in 'exposure' but that she would have to give away both product worth £100s AND her time.
20220710_211413.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Sc1909

VIP Member
it's a friend of mine's birthday soon and i am not sure if i should gift her something. some background i have gifted her presents for the last 3 years for her birthday and for christmas and i always thought that was normal yk, you're celebrating something, you bring a small gift (i think all of the gifts have easily amounted to over 150 € by now which is fine for me) however, and this may sound super ungrateful but when it's my birthday, i get a quick oh happy birthday message but that's about it, she always dodges my birthday gatherings and parties, and she never gifts anything back (and i don't expect anything big, my parents always forgot my birthdate, just idk a 10€ book or a card are more than enough for me) ... she's one of my closest friends but idk, this makes me feel so ungrateful and like a horrible person
I agree with the others that a card is enough if you want to do that.

The only thing I would say is even if someone is a close friend you don’t know everything that’s going on. We went through a period of financial insecurity for a few years due to my husbands job. I was the one on a wage for a family meaning I had to go back to work sooner than I wanted after having my first baby. I often couldn’t go to friends gatherings or birthday nights not because I didn’t want to but because I couldn’t afford it. I was too mortified to tell folk the real reason and would do what I could. Always messaged and tried to get cards etc but all I’m saying here is there might be a little more to it.

• Heart
It took me months to actually pluck up the courage to watch it. First time I put it on I turned off after 5 mins. I still remember the day of the accident. I walked into my parents house and my sister said did you hear about Michael Schumacher?
That was me with the Senna film, I only watched it recently....seeing that crash as it happened really upset me for years. I loved him as a kid.
Really admitting my age now huh? 🤣

• Heart

Ems_F55

VIP Member
I can’t find the post but anyone worried about age I’m 47. In my head I’m still 21 although my body thinks 60 😂. I honestly wonder how on earth I run a house and bring up 2 kids. I don’t feel adult enough 😂.

I think for me I know that my core has been rocked a bit, but in the long run it’s for the best because I’ll know myself and understand myself so much better, I think and hope you’ll be the same 💜 I also have a lot of anger following my diagnosis because I was always told there was something ‘wrong’ with me or that I was a ‘bold’ child but really I was over stimulated. So looking back I’m angry and said for little Maisie but that’s part of the process that I have to trust. It’s nice to know more people and women I particular are going through similar.

I know you’re in NI but in the ROI they’re always looking for teachers and I think life experience is invaluable, don’t rule it out! 💜
It’s very hard to get teaching jobs. I’m only temporary in my job so don’t get paid for being off. Teaching jobs are the same and most schools employ younger teachers. I have to do an access course then a degree and really can’t afford it. I love my job and I can go home at night without work whereas my teacher is sitting planning work and marking work

Last edited:
  • Heart

imolathesecond

VIP Member
I just found an English version on Tumblr (@/fuckaformulaone) of what Max said, Twitter translate doesn't work for me, and I think what he said is actually quite sensible... saying alcohol isn't an excuse but that it can escalate things is true - for once he didn't run his mouth 😂 still in my bad book though
1657484294048.png

Can anyone say why Mercedes are consistently slower at pit stops than Ferrari/ Red Bull etc? Is it just because it didn't matter before because the car was so fast?
I noticed that too, they're really not on it with the pit stops this year. Maybe the crew is taking longer than others to adjust to the new heavy tyres, maybe it's also their new wheel guns being ineffective on the new tyres.

Im not part of the sabotage narrative, his pit stops have been dog shit for a good few races though, I don't think they've been under 4 seconds for 3-4 races til now
Yeah they've had a really good start to the season, then a bad streak, today was a lot better. I think the bad streak was the crew being genuinely overworked. The pit crew are the same mechanics that work on the car and McLaren needed a lot of work on the car these past few races. Then with double headers and time zone changes, I think they needed a break.

Sebs Scooter

VIP Member
Only got into F1 a few months back but I’ve found my people! Can’t keep up with you lot though 😂😂
Welcome! I fail miserably every race weekend to keep up with the thread 🤣 A lot of these races have an early start for me so I try to avoid spoilers and don't check the thread until after. Cut to 50 pages later and I'm ignoring my family for 2 hours catching up
seinfeld-me-time.gif

• Haha