Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
It’s crazy to me at how many people are all of a sudden defending RB now 🙄
View attachment 1754909
He is going to be a show pony and do some Sim work. I’d nearly put my house on him never doing a race with Red Bull again except for extreme circumstances.

Max fans clutching at straws like “See see he’s so happy at red Bull, Maxiel, Christian Horner loves his drivers…”

Reactions: 8

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
this is absolutely the sensible option 🤣 i just feel like her time is going to pass, through no fault of her own, when she could be something special. like you say, and said upthread, the w-series cars are so slow in comparison that it’s such a jump.

i would just love to see another female driver in f1 (or the first one in these style of cars) and think she’s the best shot in a while for it!
She's definitely the best shot at a woman making it. I saw a headline saying something about her having a 5 year path plan, and I just thought, F1 is gonna have passed her by. And she is gonna have missed her chance to shine.

• Sad

Raquencha

Chatty Member
Is it correct that Ted kravitz has annoyed Red bull so now they are refusing to speak to Sky? Could make an awkward and boring post race segment! It comes across as rather childish from red bull.

Luisa18

Chatty Member
Love MV at the back with Checo being cuddled by his mates. Such a lovely photo. This weekend will be tough.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
he looks so shaken up :(

it’s insane that this happened. carlos’ crash in those conditions could have been awful too. why tf would you have heavy machinery and marshals out there on the track while the drivers are there?! they never learn anything! but will sit and write whole rule books about jewellery.

• Sad
  • Heart

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Martin Brundle has been practising his one liners. To Will I am , “One of your songs is ‘Let’s get it started’. I bet you hope this race is going to get started.” 😃

• Haha

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I saw a crazy conspiracy theory about Alonso. When he had his accident in testing in 2015 it was reported he lost his memory temporarily and woke up thinking he was 13 and while he’s fully regained his memory part of him still feels like he’s in his 20s hence his enthusiasm for racing in his 40s. Totally bonkers but I actually love it as a theory.
And yes, gutted vettel walked away and now the car is good 😩

Multi-21

VIP Member
Just a thought but how could Perez be sure that crashing in Monaco wouldn’t hurt his car so much he needed a new gear box so would have a grid drop? Was he really prepared to take that risk to keep Max one place behind him? Especially as he was prepared to help him elsewhere, why would Monaco be different? It’s not his home race

LaBlonde

VIP Member
He is going to be a show pony and do some Sim work. I’d nearly put my house on him never doing a race with Red Bull again except for extreme circumstances.

Max fans clutching at straws like “See see he’s so happy at red Bull, Maxiel, Christian Horner loves his drivers…”
exactly. they’re going to use him for marketing and social media. it also is a clear attempt to try and get people to soften on max, as max was often at his most affable with daniel - so i’m already preempting a bunch of daniel and max reunion content.

it’s such a strange decision. he doesn’t even really keep himself in other teams’ thoughts because he can’t actually do any of the young driver practices etc. unless he plans to show up to race weekends and desperately try to network.

i’m like a broken record but i’m sure there’s numerous teams outside f1 who would have been interested. he comes with great marketing potential and a dedicated fanbase, something like indycar or nascar would love him. if mclaren really did offer him an indycar seat i have no idea why he didn’t take it. i know his plan is obviously a year out and then back but…… back where? unless he’s hoping checo gets ousted.

• Heart

miss_americana

Chatty Member
Yeah I know what it’s about. Thought he preached to rise above it and ignore the haters though? Alonso can dig all he likes, if Lewis is secure in that he beat Alonso and other rivals he doesn’t need to respond in the way a teenager would.
If someone digs and digs and digs at you constantly then you’re going to respond. Acting like a teenager would be answering to every little thing and calling him out on it rather than making a mature sarcastic joke sharing a photo without context- what Lewis has done here isn’t teenage behaviour at all (and believe me I work with them so I know)

So if Ricciardo goes to Alpha. Perez ends up having an inconsistent season and Ricciardo has a successful season at Alpha would he end up getting Perez’s seat? Which would kinda make you wonder why he left RB in the first place. 🤷‍♀️
Now confirmed. Immediate effect Danny Ricc is back

• Wow
  • Heart

F1Grid

VIP Member
See I like Daniel as a person, outside of F1.

But as a driver, either his ego is bigger than his neck, with his comments about not driving for anything but a top team.

Or he's just shit because he couldn't adapt after 2 years to the McLaren, and he was slow to get going at Renault. AT is going to be another tractor of a car and if Yuki shows him up, it's game over for Daniel. But honestly, I think it was game over after McLaren sacked him. This is just good PR for Red Bull, saving a popular drivers giving him a chance and effectively letting him hang himself and his career finally by being shit in the car. And a little bit of me kinda hopes he does flop at AT.
He gives me the ick! Honestly with the way his ego is it bleeds through everywhere to me. Plus everyone saying 'Everybody's a Danny Ric fan' makes me dislike him more because I'm a shithead 😂

Daniel leaving Red Bull because he didn't want to be Max's second driver, to go to Renault because he turned down Ferrari because he didn't want to be Vettel's second, then leaving when Renault were building everything for him to be their first driver, going to McLaren and being slaughtered by Lando, being fired, and ending up at Red Bull's second team as their second driver is almost a fable.

• Heart

namenotavailable

Chatty Member
Well was that not the weirdest race? Even the crashes were boring. When I realised it was on lap 38 I was in total denial 😂 Pleased for Perez and sad there won't be any wholesome Papa Perez content (unless somone has seen him there)