Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel bad saying this cos I'm all for women being represented in such a male dominated sport, but I just don't find Bernie Collins engaging at all. Her insights are super interesting and she does add value, but she's just a bit wooden. Maybe she needs more time in front on the camera and will relax into it.

Reactions: 6
I feel bad saying this cos I'm all for women being represented in such a male dominated sport, but I just don't find Bernie Collins engaging at all. Her insights are super interesting and she does add value, but she's just a bit wooden. Maybe she needs more time in front on the camera and will relax into it.
Yes I’ve said this at home too, she comes across as a very intelligent person but missing that media spark, she obviously knows her stuff but her tone of voice just doesn’t get the importance of her insight across.

Reactions: 3
Yes I’ve said this at home too, she comes across as a very intelligent person but missing that media spark, she obviously knows her stuff but her tone of voice just doesn’t get the importance of her insight across.
Yes, her delivery is a bit expressionless isn't it?

Reactions: 3
Yes, her delivery is a bit expressionless isn't it?
Yes and yes! She doesn't seem to talk with any real passion or excitement, despite having such detailed insider knowledge. There just doesn't seem to be any banter or rapport. I'm sure she's probably a lovely person but my early first impression is that she isn't comfortable in front of the camera.

Reactions: 4
Yes and yes! She doesn't seem to talk with any real passion or excitement, despite having such detailed insider knowledge. There just doesn't seem to be any banter or rapport. I'm sure she's probably a lovely person but my early first impression is that she isn't comfortable in front of the camera.
I don’t think working alongside Ted helps her, it’s like 1 extreme to the other as he’s so excitable.

Reactions: 2
I really like Danica when they go to the States, she holds her own and brings something different to the set up. They should bring her in a bit more. Naomi Schiff is a nice addition as well. I get very bored of Martin and all his opinions.

Reactions: 1
I really like Danica when they go to the States, she holds her own and brings something different to the set up. They should bring her in a bit more. Naomi Schiff is a nice addition as well. I get very bored of Martin and all his opinions.
I think Martin will stay on for a bit as he gives the history part and let's face it he is fairly well known (maybe not State side). I'd prefer to see Rachel present more but Sky seem to use her more as a reporter except for Practice days.

Very chaotic at moment, which isn't helped by sky commentry constantly talking about cars/incidents that aren't on screen!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.