Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Max always had an awful attitude, and people used to blame it on Jos. "He's the real villain". The more success Max will have, the more of real Max we're about to see.
All in all, I really enjoyed this race. Took the week off after the dumb podcast aired, but happy to be back. Surprisingly very happy for George, I might have warmed up to him without noticing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
oh ffs. Even if this was true (which I don‘t believe for a second) how childish of her to get involved?
Well yeah but I am guessing it might not be her actually tweeting that. I dunno.
All of this is pretty bad PR for Red Bull. If Christian had any balls (The woman in white has them) he should try and sort this mess out ASAP but I doubt he will as Max is the Number 1.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Naomi Schiff wasn’t having any of Horner and Red Bull’s whitewashing of the whole thing on Sky. Her face was not impressed. Horner should be embarrassed, Max showed him up entirely. I’d like it if Red Bill actually threatened Max’s contract if he doesn’t behave, because no other team would want that toxic energy or pay him what he expects. Red Bull and Max are stuck with each other.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
There were those photos of him dancing with a woman but I don’t know why the Verstappen’s would be particularly upset about that
I doubt they give a hoot about his wife but just trying to smear Perez after the whole "his 2 WDCs are because of me".
 
  • Like
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I doubt they give a hoot about his wife but just trying to smear Perez after the whole "his 2 WDCs are because of me".
Definitely! Such a trashy family, no wonder Max is the way he is. Even when he is in the wrong someone is there to defend him
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Him saying about the incident that it cost Lewis the race but only 5 seconds to him, then he shrugged :sick:.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
It's just an odd time to choose to make a stand like that? And for what? 🤷‍♀️ It's only made him look bad and fractured the relationship with his teammate.
I don't think Max really cares about public perception of him. It doesn't come across that way. As for relationship with Perez his good team mate again I doubt he cares. In his mind he is number 1 end of.
I do wonder if the truth, as in his reasons ever come out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
It's just an odd time to choose to make a stand like that? And for what? 🤷‍♀️ It's only made him look bad and fractured the relationship with his teammate.
Especially at this stage of the season, when they only thing they can actually lose is P2 in the the drivers title.

If there is allegations of Checo purposefully crashing, and internal evidence, people confessing or hiding it, there needs to be a proper investigation and punishments for the integrity of the sport. Crashgate was damaging for the sport. We can't have a rumoured crashgate without at least a proper investigation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
It's just an odd time to choose to make a stand like that? And for what? 🤷‍♀️ It's only made him look bad and fractured the relationship with his teammate.
i’ve been thinking about it most of the day (🤣) and it’s just bizarre to me that, whether you believe the monaco thing or not, he had a grudge that he had sat on for weeks/months and deliberately waited to play that card at a moment he knew checo would need him most. that’s a measure of maliciousness that is dangerous tbh, and i speak as someone who’s defended him previously.

as i said above, max is completely self-involved and i don’t think really acknowledges other drivers until they become a threat to him. lewis gets under his skin and he cannot race against him. he and charles have a weird relationship but i think he always knew ferrari would blow it so charles never felt like a threat either. checo was useful until he needed something. he was able to be friendly with daniel because i don’t think he ever saw daniel as being on his level.

will be intrigued to look back, ten years from now, and wonder what his long-term legacy will really be. i can’t see him being a deeply well loved world champion. but i also don’t think he cares. he doesn’t seem to get much actual joy from racing at all.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I don't think Max really cares about public perception of him. It doesn't come across that way. As for relationship with Perez his good team mate again I doubt he cares. In his mind he is number 1 end of.
I do wonder if the truth, as in his reasons ever come out.
No I don't think he cares what the perception is of him, he's never seemed a great driver to use for marketing and media! But even if he only thought selfishly, it pays to do your teammate a favour, especially when this favour was at no cost to him. Just strange 🤷‍♀️
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I have always thought he was reckless verging on dangerous - expecting everyone to yield when he did these dangerous passing manoeuvres - and my opinion has just gone further south. Horner and Marko have responsibility of enabling him- as well as his father’s influence - but I wonder if this tantrum/selfish behaviour will start his decline. He hold grudges, he won’t do drive to survive, he fights with the press, he undermines his team principal in public, he backstabs his teammate, he deliberately tries to take out Lewis and admits it. He’s got two asterisked world titles and thinks he’s untouchable. Is that good for F1 or just good for Max?
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have always thought he was reckless verging on dangerous - expecting everyone to yield when he did these dangerous passing manoeuvres - and my opinion has just gone further south. Horner and Marko have responsibility of enabling him- as well as his father’s influence - but I wonder if this tantrum/selfish behaviour will start his decline. He hold grudges, he won’t do drive to survive, he fights with the press, he undermines his team principal in public, he backstabs his teammate, he deliberately tries to take out Lewis and admits it. He’s got two asterisked world titles and thinks he’s untouchable. Is that good for F1 or just good for Max?
Funny how he didn't want to do drive to survive because he didn't like the way he way being protrayed. That's out the window now 😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Just a thought but how could Perez be sure that crashing in Monaco wouldn’t hurt his car so much he needed a new gear box so would have a grid drop? Was he really prepared to take that risk to keep Max one place behind him? Especially as he was prepared to help him elsewhere, why would Monaco be different? It’s not his home race
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.