Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
W Series is reportedly in financial trouble. 7.5 million in debt, may not complete it's season. May not have the 500k to pay Jamie Chadwick prize money. Will have no hospitality in Singapore, the company are owed too much money and refusing to turn up. Whisper TV who do host broadcasting, which airs in around 30 territories also not sending a crew either. Their hopes for an investor have failed so far, an American investor pulled out.

W Series could be on its last legs. It's a nice idea, but the cars are too slow, there's no route to F3 and up the ladder even with the prize money. Just didn't get going properly. And COVID didn't help.
that’s such a shame :(

like you say though, it never really got going beyond being a nice idea. jamie chadwick is so talented though and deserves to be given the chance in at least f3/f2 - i wonder if she ever will at this point though.

Reactions: 4
that’s such a shame :(

like you say though, it never really got going beyond being a nice idea. jamie chadwick is so talented though and deserves to be given the chance in at least f3/f2 - i wonder if she ever will at this point though.
She's far too good for W Series, and deserves at least a chance of a go in F3. But doesn't seem like shes getting a chance, even with being part of williams, they aren't getting her into F3 anywhere.

Reactions: 5
She's far too good for W Series, and deserves at least a chance of a go in F3. But doesn't seem like shes getting a chance, even with being part of williams, they aren't getting her into F3 anywhere.
it’s wild that calderon is being given the chance in f2 (not that i have anything against her) when someone of chadwick’s quality just can’t get the opportunity. she has so much potential, it’s disappointing that williams aren’t making more of it.

Reactions: 6
it’s wild that calderon is being given the chance in f2 (not that i have anything against her) when someone of chadwick’s quality just can’t get the opportunity. she has so much potential, it’s disappointing that williams aren’t making more of it.
Calderon is bleeping shite. How she got back into F2 I will never know. She was awful first time around.

I still am shocked by how much F3 and F2 costs if you want a chance of actually doing well

Reactions: 3
Any guesses on what Seb is going to announce? An academy maybe?
i’m definitely thinking some kind of a driving academy, probably one that promotes more environmentally friendly engine types etc - he would be very suited for it and i will just be glad that he’s still involved in racing in some way.

a few of the comments on his insta seemed to be hoping for a documentary which i would LOVE but i don’t think it’ll be that.

Reactions: 4
So uhm ,
i’m definitely thinking some kind of a driving academy, probably one that promotes more environmentally friendly engine types etc - he would be very suited for it and i will just be glad that he’s still involved in racing in some way.

a few of the comments on his insta seemed to be hoping for a documentary which i would LOVE but i don’t think it’ll be that.
My guess is a documentary, only because I want and need it to be that 😂

But seeing your thoughts on an academy isn't so farfetched 😅

• Heart
W Series is reportedly in financial trouble. 7.5 million in debt, may not complete it's season. May not have the 500k to pay Jamie Chadwick prize money. Will have no hospitality in Singapore, the company are owed too much money and refusing to turn up. Whisper TV who do host broadcasting, which airs in around 30 territories also not sending a crew either. Their hopes for an investor have failed so far, an American investor pulled out.

W Series could be on its last legs. It's a nice idea, but the cars are too slow, there's no route to F3 and up the ladder even with the prize money. Just didn't get going properly. And COVID didn't help.
It's disappointing but also not surprising. You would think if you were running a new series that you'd be more conservative with stuff like your calendar. The compromise feels like this season that in order to be on an F1 weekend billing they've had 3rd dibs on which tracks to race on and even what they did with having different cars over in the US can't have done much to stop it being so expensive to be doing multiple non-european races.

It does feel like money could have been better spent setting up a team in F3, I know it would have given less people a shot, but if the series does go to the wall would funding a team specifically for women have worked out better in terms of furthering careers? Also don't Prema now own Iron Dames/Iron Lynx or something along those lines? Could Iron Dames get an F3 team going? It's a very hard situation when it just involves so much money 😔

Can you imagine the publicity for Williams if they took a punt on a Chadwick? I mean, what have they really got to lose?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Can you imagine the publicity for Williams if they took a punt on a Chadwick? I mean, what have they really got to lose?
honestly, if i was in charge of williams i totally would. she’s a class above everyone in w series and deserves a shot. it’s time a female driver actually had a shot in the “modern” era (i know we’ve had two i think before but it’s too long).

honestly, if i was in charge of williams i totally would. she’s a class above everyone in w series and deserves a shot. it’s time a female driver actually had a shot in the “modern” era (i know we’ve had two i think before but it’s too long).
But it's a huge jump to go from W-Series, which is F4 level of car to F1. People saying that Williams should give her a run out, it's a huge step up, that she would probably sink rather than swim. Which is why she does need to go F3/F2 first.

But it's a huge jump to go from W-Series, which is F4 level of car to F1. People saying that Williams should give her a run out, it's a huge step up, that she would probably sink rather than swim. Which is why she does need to go F3/F2 first.
this is absolutely the sensible option 🤣 i just feel like her time is going to pass, through no fault of her own, when she could be something special. like you say, and said upthread, the w-series cars are so slow in comparison that it’s such a jump.

i would just love to see another female driver in f1 (or the first one in these style of cars) and think she’s the best shot in a while for it!

this is absolutely the sensible option 🤣 i just feel like her time is going to pass, through no fault of her own, when she could be something special. like you say, and said upthread, the w-series cars are so slow in comparison that it’s such a jump.

i would just love to see another female driver in f1 (or the first one in these style of cars) and think she’s the best shot in a while for it!
She's definitely the best shot at a woman making it. I saw a headline saying something about her having a 5 year path plan, and I just thought, F1 is gonna have passed her by. And she is gonna have missed her chance to shine.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
couldn’t find anything confirmed as of yet but this may be promising for both nyck and pierre:

happy for nyck if true. he saw his opportunity and he absolutely took it 👏🏻👏🏻

• Heart
I can imagine this is going to have some consequences sooner or later, i'm not sure what kind of sanctions we can expect though. Would they actually disqualify a team from the championship if they exceeded the budget cap? Imagine the scenes if RB gets disqualified 😳😳

• Wow
I can imagine this is going to have some consequences sooner or later, i'm not sure what kind of sanctions we can expect though. Would they actually disqualify a team from the championship if they exceeded the budget cap? Imagine the scenes if RB gets disqualified 😳😳

I don't think they can really just give out a fine if they've gone significantly over (that's for any team as its not confirmed it's Redbull)
As if that's all, its really just a slap on the wrist and will equal other teams who can afford it also going over the cap.
But we'll all have to wait and see what the outcome is

I don't think they can really just give out a fine if they've gone significantly over (that's for any team as its not confirmed it's Redbull)
As if that's all, its really just a slap on the wrist and will equal other teams who can afford it also going over the cap.
But we'll all have to wait and see what the outcome is
exactly - a fine gives the wrong message really because red bull are easily rich enough to absorb that (as a few others would be too!) but then it’s hard to know HOW to penalise? do they penalise both max and checo? can they prove which car benefited the most from any extra? penalising the team as a whole is probably the “fairest” way but i wonder if it would open up a challenge from the driver who could argue he didn’t have an advantage from it (i suppose we could all say that red bull’s main priority is max).

it’s an interesting one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.