Formula 1 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not surprised Lewis has unfollowed F1. I hope he can come back but he has made endless sacrifices only for the goal posts to change. Hope, hope he won’t retire - cannot contemplate that even though it’s a possibility. I know he’s incredibly loyal to Mercedes so would not want to let anyone down. No doubt he also has so much anger in him and will use that for next season.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I'd be sad if Lewis retires after all this. Been thinking about it loads this week. Despite them both being very worthy winners, I was rooting for Max at the weekend. My own opinion was that Lewis deserved to win the race on Sunday (if you look at it as an individual race), but for me personally, Max deserved to win the championship - no-one hate me please 😂 That's not to take away from the respect I have for Lewis as an amazing driver and sportsman. In spite of that, I can't deny that the decision making on Sunday was shambolic to say that least. Will be a sad day for motorsport for him to go like this and I'd like to see him come back for at least one more season and take the title. Hopefully he enjoys some down time with his family over Christmas and comes back with some fighting spirit. Lewis is a fighter and I can't see him wanting to go in this way 💜
I have the exact same view, I feel like Max deserved the championship (but not in this way) and Sunday was Lewis’s race.
The way everything went down just left me feeling :/
Was handled awfully- so much stuff that happened this season needs looked into a sorted better with some more clear rules
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Has anyone else heard the theory that Red Bull deliberately underfuelled Perez’s car so he could keep Lewis at bay and then retire the car later?
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Has anyone else heard the theory that Red Bull deliberately underfuelled Perez’s car so he could keep Lewis at bay and then retire the car later?
I said on here had we heard why he retired as he was surprised? It wouldn't surprise me but also pretty rit for him. He knows the score I guess. But then again risky for RB
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Really hope Lewis stays! I think he’ll want to try for 8 but can’t see him racing 2023. But out of interest… if there is a shock retirement who is filling the seat?
My top pick is Pierre Gasly!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
The lady in white . . . In white. . . Her face looks weird. I hardly recognised her.

I’m no Hamilton fan but being penalised for missing the ceremony is stupid and a little petty 🙄
I wish her and CH would duck all the way off.
Equally Lewis was getting his knighthood yesterday France has banned the UK so what heck why keep punishing Lewis.

Admittedly I was team Max but not even I wanted Max to win like that
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
The lady in white . . . In white. . . Her face looks weird. I hardly recognised her.

I’m no Hamilton fan but being penalised for missing the ceremony is stupid and a little petty 🙄
Is she going fir the Jessica Rabbit look?

Agree, how petty and childish. Can he not say he missed it due to getting his knighthood. Which is more important?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Tiffany Cromwell has some lovely stories up of the farewell for Valtteri in the Mercedes factory.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Really hope Lewis stays! I think he’ll want to try for 8 but can’t see him racing 2023. But out of interest… if there is a shock retirement who is filling the seat?
My top pick is Pierre Gasly!
Gasly would be the most available driver. Though would Red Bull be willing to let Gasly go? But other obvious choices are rather contractually tied down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I am crying laughing looking back at the poll results and not one person voted for Di Resta.

Can we all collectively hope he doesn't crop up next year?
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I am crying laughing looking back at the poll results and not one person voted for Di Resta.

Can we all collectively hope he doesn't crop up next year?
That’s exactly why I wanted to do a poll. I was hoping someone from Sky would see just how unpopular he is and not invite him back! 😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 3
The lady in white . . . In white. . . Her face looks weird. I hardly recognised her.

I’m no Hamilton fan but being penalised for missing the ceremony is stupid and a little petty 🙄
Why DOES she wear white all the time? So random.

ETA. A year ago if you'd told me Lewis was retiring I would have been thrilled. Now it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I still can't get my head around what happened.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
The champ shedding a tear as he watches back on Abu Dhabi

I did get emotional when he won, I always do when I see drivers get emotional themselves, and it was a surprise from him as he's been so serious and matter of fact throughout the season. I wish he'd won under different circumstances though, he definitely is a worthy champion, no question of that after the season he put in, but it's a shame the final race has all this controversy attached to it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.