Formula 1 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he knows it won't change anything, will cost Mercedes a bomb in legal fees and he doesn't want that title anyway because it's tainted.

Lewis and his whole family and team have been very gracious in this.

I have nothing against Max but the gold boots and racing under number one, when Lewis and most of the F1 community is still reeling from the way he won, is a bit gauche.
He said weeks ago that if he won he’d race under number 1, to go back on that now would look like admitting he doesn’t think he deserves to

But the boots are seriously tacky!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I think he knows it won't change anything, will cost Mercedes a bomb in legal fees and he doesn't want that title anyway because it's tainted.

Lewis and his whole family and team have been very gracious in this.

I have nothing against Max but the gold boots and racing under number one, when Lewis and most of the F1 community is still reeling from the way he won, is a bit gauche.
I complete agree with you with regards the costs and the fact that the title would be tainted.
But I just want this to never ever happen again. Before the race, a lot of people would have bet there would be a collision, but none of us thought something like this would happen. On Thursday, the FIA are going to have a new president. At the minute some reports are stating Masi will go but others are stating he will be supported. The rule book needs to be tightened. A proper safety procedure has to be in place.
Personally, I don’t want Masi to be in his post - I have no faith in F1 at the minute,
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I complete agree with you with regards the costs and the fact that the title would be tainted.
But I just want this to never ever happen again. Before the race, a lot of people would have bet there would be a collision, but none of us thought something like this would happen. On Thursday, the FIA are going to have a new president. At the minute some reports are stating Masi will go but others are stating he will be supported. The rule book needs to be tightened. A proper safety procedure has to be in place.
Personally, I don’t want Masi to be in his post - I have no faith in F1 at the minute,
Completely agree. I can't think of any other workplace in the world where millions could watch you make a mistake like that and still walk away with your job. Part of me does feel for him because I just don't think he was ready for the role, it was obvious most of this season and it all came to a head on the biggest day of the year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
i
noticed that Bernie has decided to emerge from his pit to state he’s pleased that Michael Schumacher’s record stands. Bernie - it’s Lewis’s and Michael’s record - they are tied after all on seven titles. Michael did say records are meant to be broken
Does he maybe mean Michael’s record of 5 championships in a row which still stands?
I’m not defending Bernie at all, I don’t particularly like him but that record could have been equaled on Sunday.
Also radio 5 introduced helmet marko this morning as the man who discovered Max 🤣
Of course he did. . . .
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 2
i

Does he maybe mean Michael’s record of 5 championships in a row which still stands?
I’m not defending Bernie at all, I don’t particularly like him but that record could have been equaled on Sunday.
Also radio 5 introduced helmet marko this morning as the man who discovered Max 🤣
Of course he did. . . .
He didn’t want Lewis to win an eighth title and for that record to be broken.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Arh okay. Thanks. Bernie’s talks out of his a. He’s Lewis number one fan when it suited him but sees to stay stuff just for the reaction. He should probably go back to Switzerland and keep quiet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I have turned into a Lewis fan since Sunday! To be honest I wasnt his biggest fan before this but he has handled all of this mess so graciously he has really changed my opinion.

I love the photos with his Mum today. I've never seen a photo of her before. They both looked great.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Does anyone follow WTF1 on Instagram?

Husband saw a post, that was a 3 'page' statement from the FIA on his feed that was posted on WTF1offical. He was part way through reading it and his phone died, so I went to look and there was nothing there....

ETA: just found it on Twitter
 
Does anyone follow WTF1 on Instagram?

Husband saw a post, that was a 3 'page' statement from the FIA on his feed that was posted on WTF1offical. He was part way through reading it and his phone died, so I went to look and there was nothing there....

ETA: just found it on Twitter
I saw it on WTF1's insta too but cant find it now. Strange that they deleted it!

I was an odd statement. It felt like an admission that something went wrong while not really admitting to anything either.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I have turned into a Lewis fan since Sunday! To be honest I wasnt his biggest fan before this but he has handled all of this mess so graciously he has really changed my opinion.

I love the photos with his Mum today. I've never seen a photo of her before. They both looked great.
He looks very sweet with his mum, actually genuinely relaxed and happy.

35568130-8939341-image-m-16_1605124294515.jpg


I'm not a fan of his at all, but I think he's behaved really decently in the fallout from this. Unless he's been told not to make much comment at the moment?!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Right decision but the farce has to be investigated by the FIA
Absolutely the right decision, given that there's going to be an investigation into it all. I'm sure Mercedes were acutely aware of the bad PR that would come of courtroom battles to overturn Max's championship.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Absolutely the right decision, given that there's going to be an investigation into it all. I'm sure Mercedes were acutely aware of the bad PR that would come of courtroom battles to overturn Max's championship.
Yeah the PR machine rolls on.
Still not happy over what happened but its done now let's hope like I said a though investigation happens. It has to. Cannot just make rules up to suit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.