Formula 1 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Literally came here to say this. He's an icon for wearing it in Hungary, next thing they'll be not allowing a rainbow helmet. We race as one, except if you want to actually promote the message....
This is what I don’t understand! The drivers (within reason) should be able to protest and where what they want!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am absolutely devastated for Seb. *Of course* that happens when he's p2 and not p13🙄

Honestly glad now he didn't win, at least Esteban got his win fair and square this way and not through the guy ahead being disqualified.

...still wanna cry 😭

Reactions: 7
What a race! Gutted for the McLaren boys but so pleased for George, just a bit sad Latifi finished ahead of him. Those tears tho 😭
Can't believe Seb has been disqualified. Never used to like him but since he's stopped chasing for the Championship he seems a lot less stressed & I really like him now.
Lewis definitely has some health issues, I did not like seeing him in in that state on the podium! Regardless of whether you like him or not, to see a driver physically having to hold on to another to stop themselves potentially collapsing is not good. I hope he recovers over the break.
Can't wait to listen to all the recap podcasts now, that's my playlist for this week at work sorted 😂

Reactions: 8
Just watched the podium and see what you mean about Lewis, he looks dreadful. Ted says he's ok, just dehydrated, but surely they are dehydrated after most races?

Reactions: 4
Lewis had to give more than usual to get that result today which may have contributed. Also rumours of his drinks bottle not working and possible long covid. That and I'm sure all the bad press, racist abuse and booing he's getting takes its toll eventuat no matter how strong he might be.
He couldn't get a breath in the post race interview.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
😒 I loved that he said he would do it again its a shame F1 is such a money orientated sport as it would be good to boycott these problematic countries
It is a bit harsh. You could boycott all the countries for different tit.
But agree, I loved that Seb stands up for a change.

Reactions: 3
Sebs disqualification just put Lewis further ahead of Max and now McLaren and Ferrari are level in the constructors on third.. The rest of this season is going to be spicy!

So Hamilton possibly has long covid!
okay dont shoot me, but last week at silverstone he was running and jumping over fences/barriers celebrating but now and yes get the race was very tiring and draining for them even Ocon said it in the winners interview, but now he has long covid? I know someone with long covid, not particularly well but do speak regularly to them (work) he says the first few months were awful trying to breathe normally was very hard. So not saying Lewis is lying but this better not be a sympathy vote as many people have suffered with Covid and many families have lost loved ones. I am pretty sure most if the drivers suffered in that race and if true about the water bottle yes it would be 10 times worse.

Reactions: 9
My best friend has long covid and sent me this article. She’s done a lot of research on it, she was so fit when she got covid last year and literally couldn’t walk for 30 mins without being out of breath and has said she’s felt like an 80 year old at times (she’s 40). I assume there’s different levels of long covid but she’s told be about Olympic level athletes who have been wiped out by it.
I’d forgotten about silverstone celebrations 🤔. I can’t remember him being ill after any other race either and I know with my friend it was worse in the first 6 months after having covid.

okay dont shoot me, but last week at silverstone he was running and jumping over fences/barriers celebrating but now and yes get the race was very tiring and draining for them even Ocon said it in the winners interview, but now he has long covid? I know someone with long covid, not particularly well but do speak regularly to them (work) he says the first few months were awful trying to breathe normally was very hard. So not saying Lewis is lying but this better not be a sympathy vote as many people have suffered with Covid and many families have lost loved ones. I am pretty sure most if the drivers suffered in that race and if true about the water bottle yes it would be 10 times worse.
If you feel exhaustions you never felt before under not even the toughest conditions you raced in, and you had Covid a few months ago, you can connect the dots. It's not like long Covid affects everyone the same, especially athletes. For them to be this exhausted probably equals the struggles you are describing about us mortals.

I also dont see morally much wrong about it in any case: It actually helps to highlight that it can hit even the most healthiest.

Reactions: 6
If you feel exhaustions you never felt before under not even the toughest conditions you raced in, and you had Covid a few months ago, you can connect the dots. It's not like long Covid affects everyone the same, especially athletes. For them to be this exhausted probably equals the struggles you are describing about us mortals.

I also dont see morally much wrong about it in any case: It actually helps to highlight that it can hit even the most healthiest.
Yes I get that and as I said not calling him a liar but last week he seemed fine at Silverstone.
Yes I get covid affect people in different ways but it's not been spoken about since he had it last year until now.
Covid doesn't need to be highlighted every country has it and affects all ages no matter what.

Reactions: 1
It looks like I have long covid. I've gone from being healthy to being under a respiratory consultant, a rheumatologist and a haematologist.
I can walk up the stairs one day and be fine and do the same the next day and nearly collapse. Its just really odd so it is more that likely that he is experiencing different levels of whatever symptoms he is getting if that is the case.

Also I'm absolutely gutted for Seb. I get the rules are there for a reason and a lighter tank can make a difference but it just seems really harsh.
The FIA have been on it this weekend 🙄

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.