For anybody struggling ❤

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for this thread, it’s a great idea ❤
Personally I’m absolutely terrified of going through the menopause after reading some of the comments in the NB thread. I’m in my late thirties so it’s probably on the horizon and I’m so scared that it’s going to be awful!
Please don’t be terrified as there are many things that can help if you do struggle with symptoms.
Enjoy the here and now as they say, as you may not even have many, or any symptoms and you’ve worried yourself for nothing.
If anything see it as a positive that you‘re better informed about it now and able to get help sooner, rather than later if you need to xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well tonight has totally imploded. Mr dancing came home and it defended into the biggest row we have ever had. I’m now sat in one of the children’s rooms and don’t think we will make it. I think it’s gone too far this time. My heart is broken beyond compare.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Well tonight has totally imploded. Mr dancing came home and it defended into the biggest row we have ever had. I’m now sat in one of the children’s rooms and don’t think we will make it. I think it’s gone too far this time. My heart is broken beyond compare.
I’m really sorry to hear that. Honestly I’d tell him at the moment your priority is getting yourself better and if he can’t support you on that hopefully he can be civil. Could it be you are just both so stressed at the moment, as so many people are and perhaps if you give each other a little bit of space and time it might help. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m really sorry to hear that. Honestly I’d tell him at the moment your priority is getting yourself better and if he can’t support you on that hopefully he can be civil. Could it be you are just both so stressed at the moment, as so many people are and perhaps if you give each other a little bit of space and time it might help. xx
I reached out to his family member who he always listens to and he’s been on the phone for hours. He’s now come to bed and is asleep. I’m taking some time to myself right now. I’m journaling. Something I’ve never been great at but it’s like letting it all out right now. Like a love letter of my life. I’m in tears as every part I write is hurting but it’s like it has to come out so I can come forward.

thank you everyone for listening.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just a thought could it be you’re trying to talk about important things when you’re both tired. Would it be possible to go on a date night, just getting out of the house and having some quality time together where you can both me more relaxed xx
---
I reached out to his family member who he always listens to and he’s been on the phone for hours. He’s now come to bed and is asleep. I’m taking some time to myself right now. I’m journaling. Something I’ve never been great at but it’s like letting it all out right now. Like a love letter of my life. I’m in tears as every part I write is hurting but it’s like it has to come out so I can come forward.

thank you everyone for listening.
I think writing a love letter of your life is a wonderful idea, very cathartic.
Maybe when you feel up to it you could even put in writing how you feel to him, all the things that make you love him but also your struggles and how much you need his support. Make sure you look after yourself xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’m really sorry to use this thread for this as people really do have it so much worse - I KNOW that’s not how it works but I do feel guilty having read what I have. You’re all marvellous and brave people. ❤

I felt I wanted to talk about this since reading about Nicola and all the threads about her but didn’t want to put it in her thread. It’s not even a huge thing really.

I was adopted as a baby and over the last couple of years I’ve been on a journey of reuniting with birth family and gaining access to my adoption records. It has been difficult and emotional but led to some very positive relationships with my grandmother, an aunt and an uncle.

I found out that my birth mother passed away in 2006 after being desperate to reunite with me (difficult for me to find peace with this). She loved me immensely but had struggles including struggles with alcohol. It’s why I find it hard to see a woman painted as “just” an alcoholic or “just” anything. The media, and some people, have such a blinkered view.

some of the harsh realities I have learned include the fact that she would leave me as a baby to go and drink and would be gone for days at a time. When she was sober and feeling well she couldn’t bear to be parted from me. So it was not straightforward but obviously the ultimate decision was made to keep me safe which I understand, and I was taken from her against her wishes.

I feel so much love and sadness and compassion for her especially because I think it’s such a complex illness.

someone said in a previous post there’s no such thing as a perfect mother, we are all just imperfect humans with struggles doing the best we can at the time.

There actually is no point to this at all, I have just felt this bubbling inside me for a few days and needed this space to let it out. Nobody needs to reply but I thank you for listening to me ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I’m not sure what to do, I’m on an Iva that’s crippling me financially, I binge eat, I over spend (hence the Iva), I’m a carer for a relative and don’t have much time or money.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I’m not sure what to do, I’m on an Iva that’s crippling me financially, I binge eat, I over spend (hence the Iva), I’m a carer for a relative and don’t have much time or money.
Sending you so much love. I hope I've replied properly, I hardly ever post for fear of mucking it up!

I've been in a similar situation. I have an ongoing DMP and after scrimping everywhere to a damaging degree for months just to try to keep up with my payments I finally asked if I could reduce my monthly amount, it was agreed quickly and they were supportive. You can ask to reduce an IVA, I've just had a look and found this
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/d...a/if-youre-struggling-with-your-iva-payments/

BEAT have a helpline open until midnight everyday if you have chance in the evenings to chat, or you can webchat. Maybe when you feel ready you could speak to a member of their team about your situation and they would be able to offer advice. I know it can be so overwhelming giving up what can feel like your only comfort but they can help you talk through your feelings and put your thoughts in order even if you're not ready to stop just yet.

Could social services help at all with any respite for your loved one?
---
Hi everyone

I’m a nurse and mum of 8. Three of the children are mine and I also have a baby boy who passed away at six months from a congenital heart defect. The other 4 are my sisters children. She was killed by a drunk driver in 2021 just before Christmas. I had to identify her.
My mum died a few months later and now my dad is on end of life care with cancer. He’ll pass away in the next few days.
Needless to say, I’m struggling massively. Sending love to all of you who are also struggling xx
Please send hugs my way xx
Poppysmimi, I have been thinking of you since I read your post yesterday. I just wish I knew you so I could hold your hand.
I knew from your posts I'd read on other threads that you are a loving and committed mum. For what it's worth you have my absolute admiration. I wish you and your family strength and all the love in the world ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m really sorry to use this thread for this as people really do have it so much worse - I KNOW that’s not how it works but I do feel guilty having read what I have. You’re all marvellous and brave people. ❤

I felt I wanted to talk about this since reading about Nicola and all the threads about her but didn’t want to put it in her thread. It’s not even a huge thing really.

I was adopted as a baby and over the last couple of years I’ve been on a journey of reuniting with birth family and gaining access to my adoption records. It has been difficult and emotional but led to some very positive relationships with my grandmother, an aunt and an uncle.

I found out that my birth mother passed away in 2006 after being desperate to reunite with me (difficult for me to find peace with this). She loved me immensely but had struggles including struggles with alcohol. It’s why I find it hard to see a woman painted as “just” an alcoholic or “just” anything. The media, and some people, have such a blinkered view.

some of the harsh realities I have learned include the fact that she would leave me as a baby to go and drink and would be gone for days at a time. When she was sober and feeling well she couldn’t bear to be parted from me. So it was not straightforward but obviously the ultimate decision was made to keep me safe which I understand, and I was taken from her against her wishes.

I feel so much love and sadness and compassion for her especially because I think it’s such a complex illness.

someone said in a previous post there’s no such thing as a perfect mother, we are all just imperfect humans with struggles doing the best we can at the time.

There actually is no point to this at all, I have just felt this bubbling inside me for a few days and needed this space to let it out. Nobody needs to reply but I thank you for listening to me ❤
I found your post really touching and insightful.
I’m so sorry you didn’t get to meet you birth mother for both you and her. I’m sure she would be immensely proud of the beautiful person you are, so understanding and caring of others even though it’s been far from easy for you. Thank you for sharing 💕xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I found your post really touching and insightful.
I’m so sorry you didn’t get to meet you birth mother for both you and her. I’m sure she would be immensely proud of the beautiful person you are, so understanding and caring of others even though it’s been far from easy for you. Thank you for sharing 💕xx
that’s a very kind thing to say and has really lifted me. Many thanks 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sending you so much love. I hope I've replied properly, I hardly ever post for fear of mucking it up!

I've been in a similar situation. I have an ongoing DMP and after scrimping everywhere to a damaging degree for months just to try to keep up with my payments I finally asked if I could reduce my monthly amount, it was agreed quickly and they were supportive. You can ask to reduce an IVA, I've just had a look and found this
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/d...a/if-youre-struggling-with-your-iva-payments/

BEAT have a helpline open until midnight everyday if you have chance in the evenings to chat, or you can webchat. Maybe when you feel ready you could speak to a member of their team about your situation and they would be able to offer advice. I know it can be so overwhelming giving up what can feel like your only comfort but they can help you talk through your feelings and put your thoughts in order even if you're not ready to stop just yet.

Could social services help at all with any respite for your loved one?
---

Poppysmimi, I have been thinking of you since I read your post yesterday. I just wish I knew you so I could hold your hand.
I knew from your posts I'd read on other threads that you are a loving and committed mum. For what it's worth you have my absolute admiration. I wish you and your family strength and all the love in the world ❤
Thank you for replying, I’m going to try and sort things one issue at a time x

• Heart
Thinking of you all ❤ single mum with a newborn baby, it’s difficult.
I haven’t read properly in here yet but I just opened the thread and yours was the first post I saw.

I’ve been there, 4 years ago. It’s hard and relentless but believe me, if I can survive it so can you ❤

tag me any time you need a chat or if you have a question xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just want to send ❤ to anyone who needs it now and today. You are all amazing. ❤
---
I haven’t read properly in here yet but I just opened the thread and yours was the first post I saw.

I’ve been there, 4 years ago. It’s hard and relentless but believe me, if I can survive it so can you ❤

tag me any time you need a chat or if you have a question xx
Thank you Dolls for all the threads. Sending you lots of ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I struggled silently, I never told my husband or family how bad I was feeling there were times I had suicidal thoughts too.
I was the person who slapped on a happy face and pretended everything was OK. I carried on as normal got up every day went to work etc even though I felt like I was dying inside.
Somehow I'm not sure how I managed to get myself through those dark times and out the otherside. I still have days where something could be anything an advert or maybe a song will set me off and I go and have a cry to myself but no more dark thoughts. I feel grateful for everyday now.
That's probably come our as a ramble, sending ❤ to anyone out there who is struggling it can get better.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I have been struggling for some time but tonight everything feels heavy beyond belief. I have no one to talk to. I have been considering messaging Shout but I just don’t know where to start and just want to hide myself away 😔
---
I struggled silently, I never told my husband or family how bad I was feeling there were times I had suicidal thoughts too.
I was the person who slapped on a happy face and pretended everything was OK. I carried on as normal got up every day went to work etc even though I felt like I was dying inside.
Somehow I'm not sure how I managed to get myself through those dark times and out the otherside. I still have days where something could be anything an advert or maybe a song will set me off and I go and have a cry to myself but no more dark thoughts. I feel grateful for everyday now.
That's probably come our as a ramble, sending ❤ to anyone out there who is struggling it can get better.
This sounds like me, I hope I can come as far as you have one day

• Heart
I have been struggling for some time but tonight everything feels heavy beyond belief. I have no one to talk to. I have been considering messaging Shout but I just don’t know where to start and just want to hide myself away 😔
Message SHOUT, the way you are feeling is temporary - think about the relief you will feel once you have took that first step. They will guide you. Don’t hide away - we want to see you succeed in helping yourself. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
---

This sounds like me, I hope I can come as far as you have one day
even just start by saying you don’t know what to say and they will guide you.
the first step is the hardest and you can do this x
---
About 10 years ago I was severely depressed, in a way it’s only afterwards I can look back and understand how unwell I was. My life was just heavy. I had no hope or joy. I vividly remember a couple of occasions wondering if I should just do XYZ… I still didn’t class myself as suicidal. I actually didn’t want to die if that makes sense but felt I had nothing to live for and was just looking for something, anything, to change how things were. It was the darkest period of my life. But… slowly slowly, bit by bit, with ups and downs, things DID improve.
It is not an easy road but taking one step along it is enough for now. Everyone deserves help and support. ❤

• Heart
Message SHOUT, the way you are feeling is temporary - think about the relief you will feel once you have took that first step. They will guide you. Don’t hide away - we want to see you succeed in helping yourself. ❤
even just start by saying you don’t know what to say and they will guide you.
the first step is the hardest and you can do this x
---
About 10 years ago I was severely depressed, in a way it’s only afterwards I can look back and understand how unwell I was. My life was just heavy. I had no hope or joy. I vividly remember a couple of occasions wondering if I should just do XYZ… I still didn’t class myself as suicidal. I actually didn’t want to die if that makes sense but felt I had nothing to live for and was just looking for something, anything, to change how things were. It was the darkest period of my life. But… slowly slowly, bit by bit, with ups and downs, things DID improve.
It is not an easy road but taking one step along it is enough for now. Everyone deserves help and support. ❤
Thank you both so much for the encouragement. I’m a single mum to 3 young children, I’m going to finish doing their bedtime and then see if I can get me head straight enough to message them. A part of why I dont want to is the fear of how I’ll feel afterwards.

• Heart
Thank you both so much for the encouragement. I’m a single mum to 3 young children, I’m going to finish doing their bedtime and then see if I can get me head straight enough to message them. A part of why I dont want to is the fear of how I’ll feel afterwards.
That old adage ‘it’s good to talk’ really is true. Having someone say- you’ve had a lot going on, it’s no wonder you feel the way you feel, can really help! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8