Fopperholic #35 The Mussolini of Montessori

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She literally makes me feel tit as we can not afford to buy water tables, fancy paddling pools, millions off outdoor toys. It actually breaks my heart as we are just playing with the toys we have! I know they don’t know but my god it just made me feel tit
You don't need fancy toys my lovely...... give your kids a washing up bowl or bucket with water in and some plastic cups - that's all they need..... my kids had a bowl of water and a plastic tea set - they played for hours with it..... *Hugs* .... your kids have you ... not a vacuous bint on the end of a phone..... don't ever let her make you feel like that...... 🥰 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 24
You don't need fancy toys my lovely...... give your kids a washing up bowl or bucket with water in and some plastic cups - that's all they need..... my kids had a bowl of water and a plastic tea set - they played for hours with it..... *Hugs* .... your kids have you ... not a vacuous bint on the end of a phone..... don't ever let her make you feel like that...... 🥰 🥰
Ha ha said the same thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She literally makes me feel tit as we can not afford to buy water tables, fancy paddling pools, millions off outdoor toys. It actually breaks my heart as we are just playing with the toys we have! I know they don’t know but my god it just made me feel tit
Please don't feel like tit. Your kids have got what her 2 boys will never ever have- genuine love from their mum. That's worth more than all the toys on the planet x

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She used to make me feel like that. But look at her children. A lot of the time they look lost, drained and docile. They were barely at the pirate water table thing and she’d had them changed into wetsuits and had another new water thing out for them. They have TOO much. It’s over stimulating and they have no idea how to just play with something for ages and explore it on their own. Very soon that’s going to mean they will become spoiled and literally nothing will make them happy. She is going to have two very difficult children on her hands.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Jesus me I just watched the orangise with me video how much crap do 2 adults and 2 children need!!

Reactions: 13
She used to make me feel like that. But look at her children. A lot of the time they look lost, drained and docile. They were barely at the pirate water table thing and she’d had them changed into wetsuits and had another new water thing out for them. They have TOO much. It’s over stimulating and they have no idea how to just play with something for ages and explore it on their own. Very soon that’s going to mean they will become spoiled and literally nothing will make them happy. She is going to have two very difficult children on her hands.
💯💯💯

Reactions: 12
And before you think this is jealousy get over yourself Nicki! They have too much and it’s too much stimulation. Stuff does not equal love. Compliance does not equal engagement

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She is not enriching her children’s lives at all. Something new to play with being delivered every day means absolutely nothing when you aren’t allowed to play with it properly. Their activities are constantly changed before they can grasp it, or she does it for them, rather than let them explore. Nothing she has ordered or been gifted has been of any benefit at all. It is doing more harm than good, and therefore worthless.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
she's just a grabby, beggy, desperate social media duck up, let her have as many freebies as she likes, she'll never have class, likeability or the popularity which she craves so badly and the freebies will run out soon enough when her social media presence belly flops into oblivion, she'll just be left with a garage full of plastic tat which means nothing to her because she didn't have to save to buy them, she didn't get that moment of joy when she sees the excitement on the boys faces when she bought them for their birthday or xmas because she knew they wanted them so badly, thats the joy we all get as parents or aunties, nanas etc buying for our loved ones, nope she just got handed so much stuff for free its all lost its value to her, its a conveyor belt of success to her, as long as she's got a freebie she's relevant.....in her head at least! to us she is and always will be fopperbollocks, queen of desperation and social climbing.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It kind of reminds me of Xmas day (certainly this Xmas just past)
Open santa presents - each one flung to the side to open the mext
Then grandparents / other families rush in with their gifts, toys and gifts pushed to the side once again. By 10am we were after so many tantrums it was insane.

I imagine this is what it's like in Foppys House every single day.

We've been rediscovering toys, using them in different ways. The best thing is my nearly 4yo said can we read the "that's not my.." books and use our feet instead of hands to touch them😂 perfect. No unnecessary buying required.

Reactions: 10
Never buying anything from Little Tikes!

Our toddler would love a water table but we haven’t bought one as 1. it’s unnecessary buying during lockdown and 2. It’s money we could need further down the line if this situation continues. So to see her get one for free when she’s bought so many toys during lockdown has pissed me off!

Surely she is the worst ‘influencer’ to choose to push your product as she has so many toys that they use once and never use again (and they’re sold on marketplace as she’s skint)

I’m so angry seeing those posts today!

And before you think this is jealousy get over yourself Nicki! They have too much and it’s too much stimulation. Stuff does not equal love. Compliance does not equal engagement
Stuff does not mean love - never a truer word spoken.

This is what we do and our toddler loves it!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
It really is ridiculous that she gets gifted so many things. Yeah she has a lot of followers and id imagine decent engagement but.. why arent these companies choosing wisely!? Im sure if these companies actually researched some of these influencers properly, they'd realise theyre not a good fit.

Reactions: 12
The boys may grow up expecting new things every week. Wonder if she will teach them the value of things when they grow up?

I had to do household chores to have pocket money even all the way until leaving school i had to help out if i wanted some spends on the weekend or i had no money. Also did my older sisters ironing.
When i was perhaps around 8 i saw this little christening doll in the argos book. A little soft bodied doll. I wanted it but my mum and dad made me save up for it. They gave me money when i did stuff like put the pots away or tidy my room. Took me a while but i remember going to argos with my sister to buy the doll. I wonder if fopps will do this with L&G when they get older? Teach them the value of things.

Never got exactly what i wanted in terms of toys, clothes, trainers but got what i NEEDED and there is a difference.
Its little things i remember growing up, if it was a new doll then had to wait until xmas or a birthday. Every christmas i would get colouring books and crayons and it became a running joke that each christmas, regardless of age, i would get a colouring book and crayons. Still funny as still happens now at aged 34 and its a kids princess or fairy colouring book, my hubs must think my mums bonkers but its a running joke. Its things like this i remember, not the designer trainers or dozens of toys i may have had but the fun that was had.

Sorry waffling again.....day off work on lockdown what else is there to do?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
As each day goes by, with more tat coming in to the house, it is just getting more and more of a tip. Mazza has her work cut out for her when lockdown is over - her washing machine and iron will blow up from sorting Flopps house

• Haha
Reactions: 15
As each day goes by, with more tat coming in to the house, it is just getting more and more of a tip. Mazza has her work cut out for her when lockdown is over - her washing machine and iron will blow up from sorting Flopps house
Whereas my house is getting emptier. Having more time off work due to lockdown had made me sort the house out. Amazing....no....uuuhhhmmmazing how much crap just 2 of us have amassed. Love a good clear out, i would be in my element sorting out fopps' house!

Reactions: 11
She says she ordered that water mat a while ago, what a load of absolute bollocks! The weather has been gorgeous there’s no way she would just bring that out now.
The twit infuriates me so much! 😡😡😡😡😡

• Angry
Reactions: 18
The boys may grow up expecting new things every week. Wonder if she will teach them the value of things when they grow up?

I had to do household chores to have pocket money even all the way until leaving school i had to help out if i wanted some spends on the weekend or i had no money. Also did my older sisters ironing.
When i was perhaps around 8 i saw this little christening doll in the argos book. A little soft bodied doll. I wanted it but my mum and dad made me save up for it. They gave me money when i did stuff like put the pots away or tidy my room. Took me a while but i remember going to argos with my sister to buy the doll. I wonder if fopps will do this with L&G when they get older? Teach them the value of things.

Never got exactly what i wanted in terms of toys, clothes, trainers but got what i NEEDED and there is a difference.
Its little things i remember growing up, if it was a new doll then had to wait until xmas or a birthday. Every christmas i would get colouring books and crayons and it became a running joke that each christmas, regardless of age, i would get a colouring book and crayons. Still funny as still happens now at aged 34 and its a kids princess or fairy colouring book, my hubs must think my mums bonkers but its a running joke. Its things like this i remember, not the designer trainers or dozens of toys i may have had but the fun that was had.

Sorry waffling again.....day off work on lockdown what else is there to do?

I think those boys are being taught now about not valuing things. By the time they are grown up Fopps shopping obsession and general attitude towards possessions will be firmly entrenched. Like others have said those boys will want, want want and yet whatever they are given they will not appreciate it. It’s all desperately wanting the next thing, but you know all those material things in my opinion don’t make you happy.
Since we have had the lockdown I have more than ever recognised that it’s loved ones that matter, not never ending plastic crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Please don't let her ever make you feel bad. Kids are happy with a washing up bowl of water, plastic toys and cups and a colander which are just as much fun as expensive water toys. Shower them with love and encourage them to use their imagination and they'll be happy.xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.