Fopperholic #2 Desperate to stay thin, put the mug cake in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fopps gives you a wrong perspective of slimming world. Thanks to her and the likes of harry pickard they have finally made me realise it is a total scam. Fopp basically eats next to nothing (see today’s post - the mini quiches) - I would eat them whilst making a proper dinner! She maintains her “3 stone in 3months” weight lose because she starves herself. Never eats a “cheat meal”, crisps, chocolate, bread - it’s not normal and not relatable!!
Exactly! After years of torturing myself on various diets I've decided I'd rather be a bit fat and enjoy my food than miserable and skinny! duck being on a diet at 70!

Edited to add - I'm not 70 yet 😂 but don't want to be dieting all my life

Reactions: 12
Some of the comments are making me laugh / I can’t work out if people are gently pushing her buttons 😂😂 One says “oh I bet they’re crawling all over the place now!” and another says “I used to love watching your vids but my baby is 9 months too and I don’t get chance to watch them anymore” - Id love it if these ladies are on here?! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Exactly! After years of torturing myself on various diets I've decided I'd rather be a bit fat and enjoy my food than miserable and skinny! duck being on a diet at 70!

Edited to add - I'm not 70 yet 😂 but don't want to be dieting all my life
I agree most have put the weight back on those that haven’t are obsessed with weight and diets. To the point they phone ahead and ask about a bloody jacket potato. Or they constantly gain and lose .

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I’m sure a vlog is brewing about ‘trolls and their comments’ it can’t just be genuine concern for her boys welfare?!
There will be most definitely something in the not-so-distant future....it’s because we’re jealous! 😂🤣😂

• Haha
Dont know if you follow triplet mum of 4 but, her girls are about to turn 1. Think they were born around 34 weeks and they all appeared to be on the move, sitting etc around 8/9 months so, I don't know what nikki's excuse is.

There will be most definitely something in the not-so-distant future....it’s because we’re jealous! 😂🤣😂
When people instantly throw the jealousy comment at you for having an opinion, it drives me mad! Just because someone dares to criticise Fopp, it does not mean we are jealous, quite the opposite! I’d HATE to be like her and live her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wow so I’m going to be unpopular! I found this thread amusing when it talked about the SW stuff but I follow a routine for my second and did for my first and it worked really well and I also follow the same one she posted as I follow the same expert as she does not because fopp posted it. I think sometimes ppl on here should take a step back and stop being so judgy of people’s parenting choices. I don’t agree with some of the things she does and she does def have a fav but making people on here feel judged about choices they make is a bit rubbish IMO as I’ve just read all these comments basically slagging me off for just doing a routine. I’ll get off my soap box now.

Reactions: 1
Wow so I’m going to be unpopular! I found this thread amusing when it talked about the SW stuff but I follow a routine for my second and did for my first and it worked really well and I also follow the same one she posted as I follow the same expert as she does not because fopp posted it. I think sometimes ppl on here should take a step back and stop being so judgy of people’s parenting choices. I don’t agree with some of the things she does and she does def have a fav but making people on here feel judged about choices they make is a bit rubbish IMO as I’ve just read all these comments basically slagging me off for just doing a routine. I’ll get off my soap box now.
Nobody actually has issues with her having a routine, we all have them! It’s how it was out across, only twin mums have routines, only twin mums need routines etc. The issue is, yes she is a twin mum, but it doesn’t make her anymore special than the rest of us, she isn’t doing anything that women haven’t done for thousands of years before her, but you would think she was the first! She makes people feel inadequate and that’s what’s wrong!

And before anybody says it.....I’m not jealous, I am a happy mum of 1, who is 12 and in a routine 😉

How can an expert know your baby better than you though? Kids aren't machines they're people. Sometimes I'm hungry at 11am sometimes I'm not hungry until 1pm.

A strict routine suits Fopp as she's a control freak.

Parenting is a lonely old road and most folk are muddling through doing there best. Not moaning constantly they don't get me time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How can an expert know your baby better than you though? Kids aren't machines they're people. Sometimes I'm hungry at 11am sometimes I'm not hungry until 1pm.

A strict routine suits Fopp as she's a control freak.

Parenting is a lonely old road and most folk are muddling through doing there best. Not moaning constantly they don't get me time.
If you follow the woman that actually posted this and is the ‘expert’ she says it’s a guide

Nobody actually has issues with her having a routine, we all have them! It’s how it was out across, only twin mums have routines, only twin mums need routines etc. The issue is, yes she is a twin mum, but it doesn’t make her anymore special than the rest of us, she isn’t doing anything that women haven’t done for thousands of years before her, but you would think she was the first! She makes people feel inadequate and that’s what’s wrong!

And before anybody says it.....I’m not jealous, I am a happy mum of 1, who is 12 and in a routine 😉
Some people were quite vicious with their comments about it. Not everyone at all but I’m having a tough day lol and prob read those comments at the wrong time. I just need some gin and sleep 😂

Perfect mums are, in my opinion, mums who do everything to ensure that their children are bang on target. They attend clinics and school meetings (if children are older), play with their children, give them attention, cook, clean and work yet still admit that they need help and don't know everything. Essentially everything that woman isn't.
Anybody notice that she's never shown them in a swing at a playground? Practically every new mom has to have that first time on a swing picture and that's usually before they turn one.
Well that's tomorrow's Insta post sorted for Fools! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
People who get offended and take comments aimed at Nikki personally need to take a step back from this forum and not take things personally. This thread discusses Nikki, not you.

My daughter has been in a routine for the majority of her life. I don't take offence to what's said as it's really the whole package of Nikki's failings that's being discussed, rather than one aspect.

Reactions: 14
If you follow the woman that actually posted this and is the ‘expert’ she says it’s a guide
I still don't believe there is anyone more expert on my kids than me. I don't really rate routines tbh especially not with infants under 1 year. Things change so quickly that it's impossible to stick to.

Go with the flow, enjoy those early days because before you know you have a routine of homework and school and clubs and you can't get off that treadmill. All babies needs is love and food.

People who get offended and take comments aimed at Nikki personally need to take a step back from this forum and not take things personally. This thread discusses Nikki, not you.

My daughter has been in a routine for the majority of her life. I don't take offence to what's said as it's really the whole package of Nikki's failings that's being discussed, rather than one aspect.
I think if you read on I admitted I’d had a bad day and prob took it the wrong way. Least I held my hands up

I still don't believe there is anyone more expert on my kids than me. I don't really rate routines tbh especially not with infants under 1 year. Things change so quickly that it's impossible to stick to.

Go with the flow, enjoy those early days because before you know you have a routine of homework and school and clubs and you can't get off that treadmill. All babies needs is love and food.
That’s fine. We are different which makes us all good parents as we all try and do what’s best

Reactions: 2
The issue was never about having a routine but having a routine that seemed so rigid. They're babies so you have to give a little. As for experts, especially ones on the internet, I'd always take them with a pinch of salt unless they've said they've got qualifications and shown them. And even so, the best advice is from your doctor or midwife who has seen or interacted with your child.

I think if you read on I admitted I’d had a bad day and prob took it the wrong way. Least I held my hands up

That’s fine. We are different which makes us all good parents as we all try and do what’s best
I think you'll find my comment was posted before you said that.

However my comment came across more harsh that I meant to. I just wanted to say not to take to heart what is posted here as it's aimed solely at Nikki. We're all doing the best we can (except Fopps😂)

I hope your day got better 😊

I think you'll find my comment was posted before you said that.

However my comment came across more harsh that I meant to. I just wanted to say not to take to heart what is posted here as it's aimed solely at Nikki. We're all doing the best we can (except Fopps😂)

I hope your day got better 😊
I did when my husband walked through the door and I did a handover of two kids 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Haha same I'm in the bath whilst my husband cooks tea 👌🏻😂
Were all just winging it! Just don’t appreciate feeling so inadequate, fat, useless, not a superwoman mum etc by Fopperbollocks!

Reactions: 5
Found it. So Grayson could sit up a bit nearly 3 months ago?! I'm either calling b.s. on that original post which if you have to lie to say your kids are more advanced show you are a bit competitive or if he's not made any progress from 'sitting up a bit' in 3 months then that is definitely cause for concern!
Screenshot_20190604-192434_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.