Fopperholic #17 She's cleaver, she's frugal, she loves a pot noodle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please don’t anyone feel crap because you don’t take your child to soft play or Costa everyday! She’s completely unrealistic how much money must she waste weekly dragging them round different places? Soft play wasn’t a thing when mine were babies the most we done was going the park feeding ducks making cakes and the occasional trip to a farm. I couldn’t afford to of taken him somewhere as much as she does and it hasn’t done him any harm. Please don’t feel the need to keep up with these insta nobodies it’s all for show wait until they are running round she will have more days at home then when she realises how hard it really is
Recently after watching her stories I've found myself thinking, did I not do enough with my little ones when they was younger? I took them soft play but it was only once a week 😕. But I preferred to take them to the park play on the swings etc or stay at home and play, out walking with the pram just to the local woods exploring or go to my Mum's. So I've come here to read what others are thinking. I thought once a week was enough 🤷🏼‍♀️. There older now (13,11&9) so don't even know why I'm feeling like I haven't done enough for them as babies 🤷🏼‍♀️.

Reactions: 10
Recently after watching her stories I've found myself thinking, did I not do enough with my little ones when they was younger? I took them soft play but it was only once a week 😕. But I preferred to take them to the park play on the swings etc or stay at home and play, out walking with the pram just to the local woods exploring or go to my Mum's. So I've come here to read what others are thinking. I thought once a week was enough 🤷🏼‍♀️. There older now (13,11&9) so don't even know why I'm feeling like I haven't done enough for them as babies 🤷🏼‍♀️.
The difference being you weren't raising your kids for the gratification of strangers on the Internet and also weren't relying on it for income. She's desperate. This is "work" for her. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 20
when my kids were younger, we didn’t have these kind of things... we had the park and a couple of baby swings if we were lucky. but if you ask my kids they will say they had a brilliant childhood... because we gave them time they helped me make cakes ( oh the mess 😂 ), they built indoor forts, we camped in the garden in summer etc and they used their imagination these things are priceless... yes the occasional outting is fun but if it’s on a daily basis they have nothing to look forward to or get excited about and that’s part of childhood too.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's not the norm for most. My child hates car seats and pushchairs and is more than happy to just run round the park for an hour everyday and explore or go out in the garden. He goes to a group once a week. I take him out to the aquarium and places like that every now and then but he prefers being outside and is happier at the park. No one should feel guilty that they're not doing enough!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
when my kids were younger, we didn’t have these kind of things... we had the park and a couple of baby swings if we were lucky. but if you ask my kids they will say they had a brilliant childhood... because we gave them time they helped me make cakes ( oh the mess 😂 ), they built indoor forts, we camped in the garden in summer etc and they used their imagination these things are priceless... yes the occasional outting is fun but if it’s on a daily basis they have nothing to look forward to or get excited about and that’s part of childhood too.
This.... this is exactly right.... going soft play... farm... etc is going to be the norm and they will never learn how to entertain themselves.... as they get older it will become bigger and more expensive too ...

Reactions: 8
I think she is really struggling with motherhood. It's not what she expected at all. She loved the attention the twin pregnancy bought her but she didn't really want twins. She said it herself when they were going through IVF. She certainly wouldn't have wanted boys, that didn't fit in with the image in her head of a little doll to dress up. Its a shame really as there's thousands of women out there that would love to be in her position but I do think she needs to get some help to address her issues.

Not letting the boys feed themselves, play by themselves or explore isn't setting them up for the future. She's gonna have two 5/6/7 year old boys that are constantly wanting attention from her because they don't know how to entertain themselves. She's not going to be interest in getting on the floor with them by then or chasing them round a park in her knee high boots. I get the not wanting the mess of feeding, I was the same, but put a table cloth on the floor under their high chairs, a full bib with the arms covered (not sure if there's a different name for these, long time since i had babies) and leave them to it. Taking them out every day to keep them contained in their pram is just ridiculous, they will never learn to move around and master crawling and walking.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I wonder were she’s dragged them to today in the rain
Well it’s Thursday, the one day of work she gave up for her boys so my guess is..doing something for herself as she seems to have done that every week since she quit.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m someone who is always on the go. And I know that when I’m struggling mentally I do even more as a distraction (I don’t say I’ve got “anxiety” as I know how debilitating it can be for people but I often struggle with anxious thoughts and feelings). If I’m not happy or stressed with a certain aspect of my life, I guarantee that week I won’t have a minute to myself. I book things in every day, fill my evenings and weekends with visiting people, running unnecessary errands etc. It’s my way of coping with things (not always the best - I’m working on it!). I genuinely wonder whether Fopps is maybe the same? She struggles mentally with motherhood and her own self esteem and rather than be sat at home chilled with her babies she would rather go through the unnecessary ball ache of dragging them to Costa or soft play in the winter than being home alone dwelling on how she truly feels. She’s a bit of a knob but I do feel for her because she’s got clear issues and nobody around her seems to be identifying or supporting her with them.

Reactions: 17
Oh she didn't make it to the gym, poor wee lamb 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😭😭😭
She didn't make it to the gym but the boys aren't in their car seats...I'm thinking she's dressed like she was planning on doing a class, dropped boys at the creche and just left them for the day. She'll tell the staff she had such a crazy day when she finally returns to collect them. She's using that as a cheap nursery. She's an absolute hole

Reactions: 17
A few of her pics from the play village really don't look like Grayson?! I genuinely thought she had uploaded pics of strangers kids at first! Was about to have a huge rant 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh she didn't make it to the gym, poor wee lamb 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😭😭😭
How does she keep Costa in business of she can’t have caffeine.... 👀 I know there are caffeine free options but every day?? And by the sound of it a caffeine free coffee wasn’t what she desperately needed today??!

Reactions: 9
Its flooded in Warwickshire today, I bet she left to go to a gym (on her own) and ended up stuck in traffic. The M40's closed and the A46 is flooded. She should've looked at the news and stayed at home instead of sitting in traffic like a prize tw!t in her massive car going out unnecessarily when everyone else is trying to get to school/ work.
Must laugh otherwise she'd cry...she needs to get a grip.

Reactions: 16
She didn't make it to the gym but the boys aren't in their car seats...I'm thinking she's dressed like she was planning on doing a class, dropped boys at the creche and just left them for the day. She'll tell the staff she had such a crazy day when she finally returns to collect them. She's using that as a cheap nursery. She's an absolute hole
I've wondered before if she does this, can't remember what TV show it was but there was a stressed out mum with 3 or 4 kids and gym membership was cheaper than childcare so she joined, dumped them in the creche then went off for coffee/shopping. As soon as fopps joined this one i remembered that storyline but bugging me i cant remember the program

• Sad
Reactions: 8
With all the press around single use cups and given how many Costa coffee visits she pays in a week why the chuffty chuff doesn’t she use a refillable cup 😡😡😡

Reactions: 28
With all the press around single use cups and given how many Costa coffee visits she pays in a week why the chuffty chuff doesn’t she use a refillable cup 😡😡😡
Didn't she advertise a reusable cup a few months back? Or was that just to get people to buy it as she benefitted from them buying it?

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.