Footballers & Wags #56 Get in loser, we’re going to Luton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lovely to see that 3 "farmers league" clubs are in the semis while none from the "best league by far" - very, very, very satisfying

Reactions: 2
I don't have these cups but if there's one memory I take from being a Vale fan it is definitely when we played City in the FA Cup and when we won at Wembley of course.
View attachment 2881892s
RE the win at Wembley have you seen the person on Etsy that makes custom mugs of scores/results? Your comment just reminded me of that! They’re super cute and would be a nice memory mug!
---
I love penalties when it’s not my team! Sorry to the City and Arsenal people here 💛!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
One of the most fun hate watches I have ever had 😂 And yes before anyone says I am well aware we are 3-0 down to a random Italian team but I am shameless and enjoying this moment

Reactions: 8
RE the win at Wembley have you seen the person on Etsy that makes custom mugs of scores/results? Your comment just reminded me of that! They’re super cute and would be a nice memory mug!
Nope I haven't seen the person on Etsy who makes custom mugs of scores/results, but I do have the programme from the final and the full match is on YouTube so I watch it occasionally.
---
Rodri's unbeaten streak is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Bernardo Silva’s pen was a work of art.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke. Odious runt.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Bernardo Silva’s pen was a work of art.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke. Odious runt.
Can’t stand the guy, one of the worst and most pathetic penalties I’ve ever seen. The keeper didn’t even have to move 😭

Reactions: 11
Nope I haven't seen the person on Etsy who makes custom mugs of scores/results, but I do have the programme from the final and the full match is on YouTube so I watch it occasionally.
---
They’re called sixyardsout! They’re like teletext style! I used to have one until my brother broke it 🙁 and my idiot mate has a 5-1 one cause of course she does 🙄

Ah that’s amazing- must be so nice to be able to watch it back in full! 💛

Reactions: 3
🤐

Just nipping in and saying nothing before I go to bed, as it feels like bad juju before our game later but… tsk, that wasn’t very Coefficient of you 🤨

Also I’m confident any one of us in this thread could have been picked at random to take Silva’s pen, and would have made a better go of it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
wonderful hate watch today. would be even better if we shithouse a 4-0 win against atalanta 🫡

Reactions: 3
---
Technically it's not...we lost the tie not the game that ended a draw 👍🏼👍🏼

• Heart
I hate those paella eating macarana dancing twats

As for you Bernardo Silva let me see you riding your bike round town and you’ll be swimming home

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Digne and family are sweet but I am sorry who chooses Croissant over Pain au Chocolat?!

also @Velocinaptor2 you been practicing your Basque recipes yet? 👀👀looks … delish 🥴View attachment 2881584
“Ahh, crêpe!” 😂 You know what I was with Lucas (I bloody love croissants) until he chose crêpes over profiteroles, that’s insane behaviour!

Haha, there’s a Basque place that’s opened up in Brum recently, I definitely haven’t considered getting a job there in case Unai visits and there’s opportunity for a bit of mild kidnap 🤔 I’m pescatarian so wouldn’t mind living on salt cod and Basque cheesecake tbh 😂

He actually owns a seafood restaurant in Valencia (think there’s at least one more in Bilbao too), it’s got framed shirts from his past clubs on the walls (and terrible stripy wallpaper…), bless him 🥹

0C64996E-90A2-41B7-996F-FB87AAFBC959.png
8C245491-B2CF-4950-A2FB-508D8CFBBE08.jpeg

They’re called sixyardsout! They’re like teletext style! I used to have one until my brother broke it 🙁 and my idiot mate has a 5-1 one cause of course she does 🙄

Ah that’s amazing- must be so nice to be able to watch it back in full! 💛
It is so nice to watch it back in full as brings back some really great memories of the day. I have just looked on Etsy and they have some really good Vale stuff that they are selling.
1713451448893.png
1713451549397.png
1713451571693.png
1713451613218.png
1713451635869.png

As this is a safe space back in the Teletext/Ceefax days. I knew all my fave page numbers & what day/time they changed off by heart :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Having a scroll of ig and saw this rumour, what do you think @Diddikins, do you think it could be true?
Are you going to the game tonight?
Screenshot_20240418_160753_Instagram.jpg

Also saw this
Screenshot_20240418_160726_Instagram.jpg

Having a scroll of ig and saw this rumour, what do you think @Diddikins, do you think it could be true?
Are you going to the game tonight?
View attachment 2883318

Also saw this
View attachment 2883319
As a Vale Fan I am not happy about FA Cup replays been scrapped as the lower league clubs who may hold a big team to a draw at home will miss out on a massive pay day and TV money from the away fixture as a replay helps to provide financial relief for them i.e. look how much the cup run helped Maidstone financially this season, but now with replays gone the smaller clubs will get nothing and will struggle financially as they will get no income from a potential big tie with a top 6 Premier League club. IMO this the death of the FA Cup right here as some of the greatest moments in Vale's history have been through FA Cup replays. As usual the smaller clubs suffer again.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.