Footballers & Wags #56 Get in loser, we’re going to Luton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the first time I've read he has done a degree. I do wonder why we (in the UK) are not more like the US who make their footballers (American football) go to college\get an education. I do think its sad that young lads are churned through the academy systems and then dropped in their early 20's, having also dropped out of full time education.
It's very common in Spain for players to be educated to degree level.

Reactions: 9
My Mum was working the 999 lines and on shift during Hillsborough. And as we are in Nottingham you can imagine the amount of calls they were getting from worried family members. Just heartbreaking JFT97
Yeah it was horrible. No mobile phones back then. I was watching Grandstand on tv with my late Dad. Family member was there.
It's tough thinking about it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
“I’m sorry, Mikel, you need tighter trousers if you even want to begin to compete in the finest peach title race…”

1831299E-34EC-4E73-9A3D-967146DF064C.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s always such a horrible day. Losing games and missing out on league titles really is nothing in comparison, we are lucky to be here to watch our teams. And just a reminder…

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
If Cole Palmer wasn't at Chelsea they would easily be in the bottom half of the table. I mean he is literally carrying them to a top half finish as he is the only one who is scoring goals for them.

Reactions: 20
If Cole Palmer wasn't at Chelsea they would easily be in the bottom half of the table. I mean he is literally carrying them to a top half finish as he is the only one who is scoring goals for them.
I didn’t know until the other day (after Morgz scored his first for us) that Cole’s “cold” celebration is a tribute to Morgan Rogers from when they played together ♥

2D74A613-2149-40A5-826F-839A7BA99DEA.jpeg

---
😂😂😂 This must have been before the jelly wrestling.
😂

I requested they used Basque cheesecake instead for the occasion 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I didn’t know until the other day (after Morgz scored his first for us) that Cole’s “cold” celebration is a tribute to Morgan Rogers from when they played together ♥

View attachment 2877611
---

😂

I requested they used Basque cheesecake instead for the occasion 😛
that’s fine. The substance isn’t as important as the naked wrestling. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not only has Palmer just scored the perfect hat-trick of left foot, right foot and header, he is also one goal off Erling Haaland in the Golden Boot race which is unbelievable considering where Chelsea are in the table.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
So true.I can't tell you how much I wish he was still at City.A rare misstep by Pep.Got a horrible feeling Cole will make us pay for it on Saturday.

Reactions: 10
Always baffles me that people actually still buy the Sun.

What they said and did about Hillsborough is completely unforgivable and they should have folded completely. I don’t mean rebrand or sack the people involved, I mean like they should have ceased to exist. No apologies can bring back the people lost or the stress the paper caused the families, they’re grieving and have to deal with that on top of it.

If that wasn’t enough to finish them off, I don’t know how they didn’t fold completely when the Sunday version hacked into a dead kids phone to delete the voicemails from her parents. They did this to give her parents false hope she was still alive and deleting them herself. They were then listening to them leaving MORE frantic messages on her phone and they got away with still existing by just changing the name of the paper. Awful cruel paper.

Not to mention the homophobia, the misinformation, the racism, the xenophobia, the Islamophobia, the fear mongering, the sexism, the transphobia, the classism, etc etc

• Sad
Reactions: 20
So true.I can't tell you how much I wish he was still at City.A rare misstep by Pep.Got a horrible feeling Cole will make us pay for it on Saturday.
Pep getting rid of him was one of the biggest mistakes he has made as City manager as he is a much better player than Doku. It honestly wouldn't surprise me either if he scored the winner against City as he will go out there with a point to prove.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Somebody needs to find a shot of the peach from yesterday …. Wtf had come over me?!
I have one from the West Ham v Villa game if that helps:
IMG_5661.jpeg

---
What’s the issue in the Chelsea game. Before the pen they looked to be arguing amongst themselves. I have the sound off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I have one from the West Ham v Villa game if that helps:
View attachment 2877724
---
What’s the issue in the Chelsea game. Before the pen they looked to be arguing amongst themselves. I have the sound off.
Madueke got the pen, took the ball to take it. Palmer and Gallagher came over, Jackson came over and tried to take the ball. Gallagher basically said no and gave it to Palmer to take it.

Basically, three of them were arguing over who got to take the penalty. Pathetic really, Poch needs to grow a backbone and tell the team Palmer is the penalty taker.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.