Footballers & Wags #55 Blues Billion Pound Bottle jobs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WE can beat Citeehh we’ve done it before wolves slapped them about aswell

Haaland is a one season wonder

UP THE VILLA

Sweet Caroline 🎤
Blink twice if Ma Foden is holding you hostage 👀

I’m going in with low expectations tomorrow; City turf, Pep won’t want Unai doing the double over him, plus there’s the 50/50 chance the Villa that get off the bus will be the version that look like they’ve never met each other before.

Secretly I’m hoping we play Duran, he squares up against Haaland and they have a petty strop-off showdown with each other 😂
---
True.The fact that Arsenal just seemed content not to lose is insane to me.City were no better.Golden opportunity for both sides squandered.
Arsenal won 13-0 judging by the way some of their fans on Twitter have been going on 😂
---
I’d characterise his music taste as ‘dad music’ 🤣

Thanks to a combination of crappy ex boyfriends and intense celebrity crushes, I have FBI level stalking skills and I found this article where he talks about meeting his (ex) wife, his cooking skills and whether he thinks he’s good looking (he doesn’t 💔🥺) https://www.lasprovincias.es/valenc...valencia/mujer-dice-estoy-guapo-20081013.html He used to give interesting interviews when he was younger but now it’s mostly PR and rehearsed answers.

I just realised Villa will probably decide the title race. They have Liverpool at home and City and Arsenal away. Unai will be desperate for a result at the Emirates 👀 let’s hope for his sake he stays away from any white witches because that’s what he blamed his Arsenal end of season collapse on 😭
I’d characterise his music taste as ‘dad music’ 🤣

Thanks to a combination of crappy ex boyfriends and intense celebrity crushes, I have FBI level stalking skills and I found this article where he talks about meeting his (ex) wife, his cooking skills and whether he thinks he’s good looking (he doesn’t 💔🥺) https://www.lasprovincias.es/valenc...valencia/mujer-dice-estoy-guapo-20081013.html He used to give interesting interviews when he was younger but now it’s mostly PR and rehearsed answers.

I just realised Villa will probably decide the title race. They have Liverpool at home and City and Arsenal away. Unai will be desperate for a result at the Emirates 👀 let’s hope for his sake he stays away from any white witches because that’s what he blamed his Arsenal end of season collapse on 😭
Lmao the white witch thing still makes me laugh (apart from the cheating and - if true - the daft/superstitious comment she still made him come across like a nice bloke, and very on brand with the obsessive match watching 😅). Hopefully he’s learned his lesson there unless he wants to test how lucky/unlucky I can be 😏

Aww, yeah I’ve read that interview before, I hope his opinion of himself has improved 😢 I wish he still gave more open interviews, even when he was at Arsenal he was still posting (well I think his brother was in charge of his social media then) random selfies & cute photos with his son & family. The internet is a different place though these days so maybe it’s for the best for him mentally.

He’s been spotted lately watching his son playing for our u-21s team so maybe I need to extend my hours in the BMH bushes to include their night games 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Blink twice if Ma Foden is holding you hostage 👀

I’m going in with low expectations tomorrow; City turf, Pep won’t want Unai doing the double over him, plus there’s the 50/50 chance the Villa that get off the bus will be the version that look like they’ve never met each other before.

Secretly I’m hoping we play Duran, he squares up against Haaland and they have a petty strop-off showdown with each other 😂
---

Arsenal won 13-0 judging by the way some of their fans on Twitter have been going on 😂
---

Lmao the white witch thing still makes me laugh (apart from the cheating and - if true - the daft/superstitious comment she still made him come across like a nice bloke, and very on brand with the obsessive match watching 😅). Hopefully he’s learned his lesson there unless he wants to test how lucky/unlucky I can be 😏

Aww, yeah I’ve read that interview before, I hope his opinion of himself has improved 😢 I wish he still gave more open interviews, even when he was at Arsenal he was still posting (well I think his brother was in charge of his social media then) random selfies & cute photos with his son & family. The internet is a different place though these days so maybe it’s for the best for him mentally.

He’s been spotted lately watching his son playing for our u-21s team so maybe I need to extend my hours in the BMH bushes to include their night games 😂
Ahh come on! Last season Arsenal were getting thumped 3 goals plus by City and went to the Etihad and stopped City's goal scoring run!

I think it's a massive turnaround for them and glad they didn't let City get into their heads.

Reactions: 6
Ahh come on! Last season Arsenal were getting thumped 3 goals plus by City and went to the Etihad and stopped City's goal scoring run!

I think it's a massive turnaround for them and glad they didn't let City get into their heads.
Arsenal have definitely progressed this season. A draw is better for Arsenal than it is for City. Arsenal still feel like a work in progress, getting closer, but still not there yet. They need a big goalscorer.

Reactions: 9
Arsenal have definitely progressed this season. A draw is better for Arsenal than it is for City. Arsenal still feel like a work in progress, getting closer, but still not there yet. They need a big goalscorer.
They really do. Jesus just isn't the big goal scorer they were hoping for!

Reactions: 4
Who would be better at Arsenal Toney or Isak?
I don't know honestly. I feel like the asking price of £100m for them would make Isak a more reasonable signing. I just think it's so much for Toney I don't think it's worth it.

Personally I'd be throwing the pile of money at Napoli for Victor Osimhen, especially if Napoli don't get Champions League for next season, which looks almost impossible now.

Reactions: 8
Who would be better at Arsenal Toney or Isak?
I would have said Toney originally but I do think Isak would be the less controversial option! It's a shame they didn't go for him a few seasons ago when they were following him. Arteta always wanted Jesus though.

I do think Toney would have put away those chances that Jesus had on Sunday though. I think with Jesus, he almost wants the goal too much and puts himself under pressure.
---
I think Osimhen has got to be the number one option though.

Reactions: 3
I don't know honestly. I feel like the asking price of £100m for them would make Isak a more reasonable signing. I just think it's so much for Toney I don't think it's worth it.

Personally I'd be throwing the pile of money at Napoli for Victor Osimhen, especially if Napoli don't get Champions League for next season, which looks almost impossible now.
I’d be very curious to se how Osimhen does in the PL, the track record of strikers coming from Serie A is very hit and miss. They either smash it or flop into oblivion, no inbetween.

Reactions: 7
I’d be very curious to se how Osimhen does in the PL, the track record of strikers coming from Serie A is very hit and miss. They either smash it or flop into oblivion, no inbetween.
Agreed. The pace and physicality is so different which is why I wonder if they would look for a proven Premier League starter?

I know that Newcastle won't want to let him go but FFP rules may mean they have to.....

So I dont bring on the infamous Laura Jinx from now til end of season. I'm saying nothing about what results i'm after though its same as what I posted the other Month haha

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have a soft spot for Leeds from my teenage years - stepdad and brother support them (we are originally from W.Yorkshire, all born there) and I used to love Harry Kewell (met him a few times as a heart eyed 14 year old 😂) so I like to keep an eye on them. Several Leeds fans on Twitter say they find the Phillips stuff sad and would have him back in a heartbeat, some think he’s a ‘traitor’ for talking to city 3 months before being relegated. I wonder if he would go back?
I will always adore Phillips but he was a good footballer only when he was coached by "El Loco". He was poor before that and he was poor after.

Ps he left earlier than you mention. We stayed up and his replacement was the actual traitor Tyler Adams.

Keep him away from Chelsea and he will do fine 😂

• Haha
Haha yes, I wonder which players they will have to sell? Mass exodus!
Well funnily enough i’ve just seen this 😂 I hope he’s referring to selling 90% of them and not buying pointless players just because Liverpool wanted them first

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I will always adore Phillips but he was a good footballer only when he was coached by "El Loco". He was poor before that and he was poor after.

Ps he left earlier than you mention. We stayed up and his replacement was the actual traitor Tyler Adams.
Ah ok. My apologies. I was just ‘quoting’ someone off Twitter. I can barely remember my own name these days let alone anything else 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Watchng Leeds and i was thinking, do you think Kalvin Phillips absolutely regrets leaving Leeds? He has gone from being a really rated player to everyone laughing at him and Moyes telling people he needs support.
Feel a bit sorry for him.
I don’t think he should have stayed at Leeds, I just think City was the wrong move for him. I never understood why they signed him as it was obvious he would hardly ever play, if he had moved straight to West Ham instead I feel like he would have found his feet a lot sooner. The lack of confidence and game time is definitely having a huge impact on him.

Speaking of Kalvin… (I’m sure we must have discussed this before) Kaelo as in Kay-lo? All I can see is Kilo 😬

IMG_8212.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.