Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bellinibobble

VIP Member
I thought, what’s up with that cake? Then I saw the wine glass 🤣 I’m so confused, is it just the idea of cutting even portions? Must make a right mess!

Reactions: 2

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Smash burgers. My husband goes on about them all the time. Id rather have a juicy burger .

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
Smashed burgers ARE really good though. The trend for jumbo burgers with huge thick patties and loads of toppings was ridiculous, I'm loving these thin, crisped patty burgers with simple toppings being the trend.

Raininvain

VIP Member
Thank fuck Halloween has been and gone. I think Halloween food trends look VILE. Over played with and straight up unappetising. Nauseating if anything.
To be fair I think its aimed at little kids. I cant see many adults going mad for a bun with a big candy spider on etc.

Rainbow1

VIP Member
There’s a chain that does ‘hanging kebabs’ basically a skewer with about 6 cubes of meat with pepper and chips on the side and they charge £14.95

People go wild for them but I’d still be starving?!

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I do agree with this a bit. In the UK/Ireland cooks overuse it here so its not pleasant to eat - once had a truffle chicken sandwich in London and it was just dripping in truffle oil and was not nice.

But I went to Tuscany recently and they have it nailed! They put the exact right amount on stuff and its amazing.
Have travelled Italy and they do seem to put in everything but still not sold sorry. Apparently the smell is very like male pheromones so we ladies should love it ! I guess I don't want sexy food

But fennel sausage now that is amazing 🙂

• Haha

120clemon

Are the Naked cakes meant to seem more rustic for the hippie, granola types who want a small/intimate wedding...my gripe is how are they not dry as a wedding cake likely made at least a day beforehand? I can understand if for a fancy family dinner but not really for an average sized wedding.

dee_mc

VIP Member
Just thought I’d revive this dead thread because I’m sick of seeing butter boards! Or cream cheese boards, peanut butter boards, Nutella boards, the list goes on 🤢
Saw my first one (peanut butter) yesterday and that was enough for me. Revolting.

1001 others

VIP Member
Not a fan at all of anything served in Mason jars.

I wish our local fish and chip shop would ease back on the chicken salt on everything ... I always ask when placing my order for them to hold it, but they often forget. Delicious fish and chips though (and gluten-free).

RealWelshWitch

Salted caramel! 🤮
If I pop a salted caramel chocolate in my mouth without realising it ruins my whole day. 😄🤮

• Sick

moosesauna

Chatty Member
With avocado why is it always 'smashed'
So they can give you less, but charge a ridiculous price because it's technically ~~exotic~~ ;) (i love avocado but i am pretty sick of seeing it in cafes/restaurants, especially when it costs far less for me to smash one and serve it on toast at home!)

Chloesm

VIP Member
There's pea protein milk now.
I tried because I'm lactose intolerant and I was curious to try a new type of milk and it's absolutely VILE!!!
Honestly I'd never buy it again, even it was the last type of milk available on earth 😂 😂 😂

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
We have reached peak "grazing box" . Do we really need this, Morrisons? Personally I don't think I've ever "grazed" on cake. I find it's generally a far more rapid experience. 😂
Really it's more of a cake selection box, but the graze term is more trendy. They've done breakfast pastry boxes as well recently.

They are good value little boxes for a small gathering of people to be fair to Morrisons.

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Saw jar-cuterie today on Instagram
People are fucked
First of all fuck off with making jars trendy - we don’t need to eat or drink out of them . Let’s just stick to using them to store and or transport food etc .
Second how is it convenient carrying around food elaborately squashed in a jar
View attachment 1660789
Tell me that’s not a Babybel.. 🤢🤢
Charcuterie my arse.

MATCHA anything.

Seems to be everywhere! Every youtuber 'i must have my matcha before I do anything proceeds o film a 5 minute clip of making matcha and then talking about it 🙄
That reminds me: over-sweetened matcha. It is my absolute favourite flavour for desserts or as a drink, but almost anywhere I've ordered it in the UK it comes with WAY too much sugar. It's supposed to be bitter, that's why it tastes good!!