Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also hated PE with the burning of a hundred soft wool suns. The girls were so competitive in things like netball but also very violent - one girl swung my around by the pony tail and then beat the tit out of me while her friends egged her on and the PE teacher stood by absolutely useless. All because I'd blocked her pass or something. Gave up after that and just used to come into school late after period 1 (having spent the morning smoking Malboro Superkings with my friend in the local park hidden by a bush lol) so I could avoid the subject.

I have been doing Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube every day in lockdown and I've loved it. I'm not sure if it's led to me losing weight directly, but it's built up strength and flexibility and given me the confidence to start running. Also been good for mindfulness. I like her cos she's not full of bullshit!
Ah I love Adrienne! That's another thing I must restart. I find her really calming to watch too, she seems so warm and friendly.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Also I feel the cold and PE was always bleeping freezing!!! With the teacher wrapped up in a nice big puffa jacket while we all shivered away in flimsy shorts and a polo shirt in 5 degree weather.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Ah I love Adrienne! That's another thing I must restart. I find her really calming to watch too, she seems so warm and friendly.
Another shout for Adrienne🙋‍♀️ I loathe, detest and hate yoga but I do actually quite like her!
Quite easy to follow and she isn't annoying like some can be

Reactions: 8
Did anyone else have to do some PE activities in your PE knickers, so no skirt on over the top? I remember that was an uncomfortable experience for many. Body conscious teenage girls going through all sorts of changes, having to run and leap around in front of everyone in your pants 😕

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Did anyone else have to do some PE activities in your PE knickers, so no skirt on over the top? I remember that was an uncomfortable experience for many. Body conscious teenage girls going through all sorts of changes, having to run and leap around in front of everyone in your pants 😕
YES! They made us do dance classes in them!! Why?! None of us were going to be, or did indeed become, a synchronised swimmer or equivalent so they didn’t even need to look at our form or whatever they said to justify it? There’s something wrong with women that want young girls in getup like that.

Also the hall floors were filthy where they’d been used for drama or eating etc so you’d always have bits on your feet, constantly be brushing tit off them cos you couldn’t wear socks! 😷

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Yes, how bleeping weird is that? Our school uniform had special PE knickers you had to buy, but the boys didn't have to? They were able to wear knee length shorts while we were all in pants. Hideous.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
God, I'm glad my school never made us do PE in our knickers, that sounds mortifying. Although if you forgot your gym gear (shorts and t-shirt), you'd have to root around in the lost property box and wear some rank sweaty mess someone had binned months earlier :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
God, I'm glad my school never made us do PE in our knickers, that sounds mortifying. Although if you forgot your gym gear (shorts and t-shirt), you'd have to root around in the lost property box and wear some rank sweaty mess someone had binned months earlier :sick:
Our school even had grotty old spare trainers you could use if you forgot yours. Now that was a bloody incentive not to forget your kit! 😬😬

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Last January I started the couch to 5k, then did 5k to 10K, then decided I was going to run a 10K. Set myself the target of running 4 last year S as it was a big birthday year for me and I’m fat, so a proper target. I succeeded and did them all. Then I agreed in December to do Marcothon (run every day in December for 30 minutes or 5k whichever comes first), I did that too.

The only problem is that running makes so ravenous that I’ve put weight on! So if you’re like me don’t run 🤣 I’ve not run for 2 weeks has had a horrendous cold, first time since I started last year. At school I loved sport but was so constantly teased about my weight, I stopped participating. It makes me sad and I’m really trying to encourage my kids to enjoy sport and being active (not in a Judy Murray type way!).

Think I’d like to get back into swimming, I used to love that. I’m just home after a 10.5k dog walk, so sitting in the sun eating a Fry’s raspberry cream with my feet in a bucket of water as I have awful Morton’s Neuroma

I love Yoga with Adrienne, she’s so peaceful and has a nice dog ❤🤣

• Heart
Yes, how bleeping weird is that? Our school uniform had special PE knickers you had to buy, but the boys didn't have to? They were able to wear knee length shorts while we were all in pants. Hideous.
Ours were thick blue things with white stripes down the sides. It was an all girls school though, having boys there too sounds even more horrendous ☹

Reactions: 11
YES! They made us do dance classes in them!! Why?! None of us were going to be, or did indeed become, a synchronised swimmer or equivalent so they didn’t even need to look at our form or whatever they said to justify it? There’s something wrong with women that want young girls in getup like that.

Also the hall floors were filthy where they’d been used for drama or eating etc so you’d always have bits on your feet, constantly be brushing tit off them cos you couldn’t wear socks! 😷
flooding back repressed memories!!!
There is no feeling in the world like sweaty feet picking up dust from a school hall.
In a bad way, obviously 🤢

Ours were thick blue things with white stripes down the sides. It was an all girls school though, having boys there too sounds even more horrendous ☹
Ours were green with yellow stripes!!!

• Haha
Last January I started the couch to 5k, then did 5k to 10K, then decided I was going to run a 10K. Set myself the target of running 4 last year S as it was a big birthday year for me and I’m fat, so a proper target. I succeeded and did them all. Then I agreed in December to do Marcothon (run every day in December for 30 minutes or 5k whichever comes first), I did that too.

The only problem is that running makes so ravenous that I’ve put weight on! So if you’re like me don’t run 🤣 I’ve not run for 2 weeks has had a horrendous cold, first time since I started last year. At school I loved sport but was so constantly teased about my weight, I stopped participating. It makes me sad and I’m really trying to encourage my kids to enjoy sport and being active (not in a Judy Murray type way!).

Think I’d like to get back into swimming, I used to love that. I’m just home after a 10.5k dog walk, so sitting in the sun eating a Fry’s raspberry cream with my feet in a bucket of water as I have awful Morton’s Neuroma

Well done on successfully doing all of them! I didn't realise there was a 5k to 10k — I might give that a try. I run 5k fairly regularly (or I did prior to quarantine anyway!) but it's like I hit a brick wall after that and can't go any further. Might set myself a 10k target to work up to in the next couple months.

• Heart

Oh I have Morton’s Neuroma. So painful sometimes it stops me in my tracks. I might try the yoga with Adrienne.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
omg yes all of this!!! What was wrong with the teachers, they were always SO mean?! It was all so pointless, anyone who is going on for sporting greatness will be doing extra curricular clubs where they receive actual training and you will have nothing to do with their success anyway?! So why create this perverse caste system in school? Just let us enjoy being teenagers, outdoors, exercising!

Also did anyone else ever get self defence classes from the police in their PE lessons? 😂 Absolutely ridiculous - I remember one old man telling us to lick our fingers before we jab would be attackers in the eyes else they’d get stuck? He was probs suspended from active duty and confined to a purgatory of talking to teenage girls so thought he’d make tit up to keep it spicy. Those absolutely ridiculous flips and moves too, as if you’ve got time to be doing bits out a Sia music video when you’ve got a boy on a moped snatching ur iPhone X out your hand or some nutter armed with a machete kicks in your upvc door for your car keys 😂 holdup hun:

pe teachers were always awful, i vividly remember being in a swimming lesson (fancy) and the teacher asking me to demonstrate how I'd just swum for the class. i love swimming so was really proud. she then said "so that is how NOT to do it everyone". i was mortified and have no idea why she took such a massive dislike to me. pe lessons in high school put me off sports for life. unlike where I'd been before where everyone was encouraged to join a team (they did different ability levels etc) i was then unable to do any sports as i was unable to get in, and thenthey wonder why we have an obesitu crisis

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Oh I have Morton’s Neuroma. So painful sometimes it stops me in my tracks. I might try the yoga with Adrienne.
Me too. I have more than one. I am hoping to have them removed and have an appointment at Foot and Ankle Clinic in October.

• Heart
omg yes all of this!!! What was wrong with the teachers, they were always SO mean?! It was all so pointless, anyone who is going on for sporting greatness will be doing extra curricular clubs where they receive actual training and you will have nothing to do with their success anyway?! So why create this perverse caste system in school? Just let us enjoy being teenagers, outdoors, exercising!

Also did anyone else ever get self defence classes from the police in their PE lessons? 😂 Absolutely ridiculous - I remember one old man telling us to lick our fingers before we jab would be attackers in the eyes else they’d get stuck? He was probs suspended from active duty and confined to a purgatory of talking to teenage girls so thought he’d make tit up to keep it spicy. Those absolutely ridiculous flips and moves too, as if you’ve got time to be doing bits out a Sia music video when you’ve got a boy on a moped snatching ur iPhone X out your hand or some nutter armed with a machete kicks in your upvc door for your car keys 😂 holdup hun:

I love your posts 😂

girl is super happy she missed PE cos they’ve sent all year 7 home soon as they arrived, duck sake

We had the same ones, mixed school and you just didn’t want your body showing did you I mean you wouldn’t want to go for a run in those now ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 12
fuckin PE teachers. one time, we had a PE lesson in the morning and then the swimming gala in the afternoon, which i'd been roped into cos they were desperate. obviously, i didn't want to do this, so i got my mam to do a note to say i had a bad back, took it to the PE lesson, which was usually taken by the slightly less aggressive one. only of course, on this day, it was covered by the really aggressive one, who was also head of my house! witch called me pathetic and didn't let me sit down for duration of lesson, as "standing's better for a bad back" 🤬

• Angry
  • Wow
I’ve literally never thought before that they can’t teach you to be a fast runner and my mind is blown 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Looool those fuckin gym knickers - ours were maroon and made from an awful scratchy material.

We had one nice PE teacher but the rest were arseholes. I remember once at lacrosse practice (FANCY) I misdirected a ball (I was tit) and it conked the teacher on the head. It was awks at the time - she was trying not to cry in front of thirty 15 year olds - but now I'm kinda glad cos she was so mean 😬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
fuckin PE teachers. one time, we had a PE lesson in the morning and then the swimming gala in the afternoon, which i'd been roped into cos they were desperate. obviously, i didn't want to do this, so i got my mam to do a note to say i had a bad back, took it to the PE lesson, which was usually taken by the slightly less aggressive one. only of course, on this day, it was covered by the really aggressive one, who was also head of my house! witch called me pathetic and didn't let me sit down for duration of lesson, as "standing's better for a bad back" 🤬
dem witches always reckoned the best thing for period pain is exercise too when we all know it’s a bar of galaxy and a hot water bottle

Looool those fuckin gym knickers - ours were maroon and made from an awful scratchy material.

We had one nice PE teacher but the rest were arseholes. I remember once at lacrosse practice (FANCY) I misdirected a ball (I was tit) and it conked the teacher on the head. It was awks at the time - she was trying not to cry in front of thirty 15 year olds - but now I'm kinda glad cos she was so mean 😬😂
There was always a big one and a little one like french and Saunders, but cruel

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.