Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have the opposite effect in that I am not v busty but my torso is weirdly long so any dungas, um, get all up in my unruly (actually plenty ruly, thankyou) labia :ROFLMAO:

@Jay-cloth Cow - I really like running but it's quite easy to injure yourself (or, it is me anyway!). Definitely start really slowly and don't push yourself too hard until you're acclimatised. I'm a fan of dance workouts if the music is actually good; I enjoyed Afrobeats for a bit (eg ). I also respond well to challenges; me and some friends did a 100 pressups/situps in a month thing where you work your way up every day - could be a good thing to do with your partner?
I have a long torso as well, so feel you on the dungaree discomfort 😅

I feel like I need to re-learn how to do push-ups from scratch. I'm clearly doing them wrong because they just hurt my mid-lower back rather than my arms, which are supposed to be feeling the burn!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is it just me or is MT feeling very nostalgic and pretty crisp free? Ive really enjoyed the last few threads

New mcflurry is delicious but my word im eating so much junk last couple months...im gonna try to get my hands on that switch fitness game with the ring that everyone has been losing their minds over

• Heart
Reactions: 14
yup I'm looking for healthier recipes much to Mr Cows disgust, but I loooove food so want to try and exercise too. Podcasts are a great idea! I love musicals so currently when I go for walks I will listen to the entire soundtrack of one then when it finishes I know it's time to go home, but there's only so many times you can listen to wicked before you think you should be the next Elphaba. I'll look for some podcasts!

ETA also looking for exercises that Mr Cow can do. Without sharing too much cos y'know privacy innit, one of my bad things yesterday was an evening sat outside A&E as he had excruciating pain in his leg (I couldn't come in too). He has a blood clot which if I hadn't forced him to go to hospital could have been fatal :( he's a big man (think 20 stone, 5ft10) and needs a whole lifestyle overhaul. Ugh it's hard loving someone isn't it?!
Another vote here for the Hairy Dieters, books 1-3 are particularly good. Me and Mr Nottonight are both in need of losing some, and their recipes go down really well.

For exercise, I like Emily Skye, it's a subscription service but she currently has a 30 day free trial offer running. I'm trying to gear myself up to get back into it as I stopped during my last MH wobble and haven't yet restarted 😕

• Heart
Oh another one I've just thought of @Jay-cloth Cow — I've been doing some pilates videos since lockdown and have really enjoyed Lottie Murphy's videos on youtube. This is me just being a total brat, but some of the overenthusiastic American vids (soz to any transatlantic Fraus, I know I'm generalising here) or the really ~spiritual~ ones grind my gears when I just want to have a stretch. Her videos are nice and soothing, and she's really good about saying "Don't worry if you can't do this bit" etc so it all feels quite approachable.

• Heart
I dread to think what I would look like in dungarees these days, I have a long torso but am also busty 😳😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have the opposite effect in that I am not v busty but my torso is weirdly long so any dungas, um, get all up in my unruly (actually plenty ruly, thankyou) labia :ROFLMAO:

@Jay-cloth Cow - I really like running but it's quite easy to injure yourself (or, it is me anyway!). Definitely start really slowly and don't push yourself too hard until you're acclimatised. I'm a fan of dance workouts if the music is actually good; I enjoyed Afrobeats for a bit (eg ). I also respond well to challenges; me and some friends did a 100 pressups/situps in a month thing where you work your way up every day - could be a good thing to do with your partner?
Afrobeats dance workout is a great shout!

Reactions: 5
@Alansbigplate how’s your girl today?
She woke up not clammy at all and seems fine just had a bit of a cough this evening, I feel like shite tho cos I told her off for ‘speaking to me like your dad used to’ (she was, but now I feel like I’m actually a narc mother bleeping her up) thank you for asking xx

Also I had to do THIS 😭

2D623B9A-C1AC-4CA0-8A15-46C5162AC766.jpeg

Ugh it's hard loving someone isn't it?!
😭😭😭😭 I was almost over the emo phase

❤ Hope he is being fixed

Busty Frau here. I find dungarees create a sort of thong effect between my boobs. Same issue with aprons....
me too they make me feel matronly

so instead of the Frau uniform I just stayed in my nightie

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
@Jay-cloth Cow the first c25k is BY FAR THE WORST, the rest of it gets so so much easier I promise! The only exercise I’ve ever enjoyed has been spin classes, I looooved Pyscle and funnily today they sent out an email about their remote subscription and am half tempted, but it feels obscene to drop that much on a bike as we enter a global recession 😬

Idk if other fraus were traumatised by PE lessons, but I think a huge problem in my disengagement with exercise was how horribly unenjoyable they made those classes? Having to change in communal areas, no showers, no training just being made to run x or play y? Bullying crappy teachers who never moved but expected you all to be Olympians...? Exercise always felt like something OTHER people do. I hope they’ve made it more about the joy of moving and having fun for kids these days!

My own body image stuff is a nightmare I won’t get into, haunted by the stiff unforgiving denim of Levi’s I SHAN’T attempt to pull over my masses of loose skin ! x

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@Jay-cloth Cow the first c25k is BY FAR THE WORST, the rest of it gets so so much easier I promise! The only exercise I’ve ever enjoyed has been spin classes, I looooved Pyscle and funnily today they sent out an email about their remote subscription and am half tempted, but it feels obscene to drop that much on a bike as we enter a global recession 😬

Idk if other fraus were traumatised by PE lessons, but I think a huge problem in my disengagement with exercise was how horribly unenjoyable they made those classes? Having to change in communal areas, no showers, no training just being made to run x or play y? Bullying crappy teachers who never moved but expected you all to be Olympians...? Exercise always felt like something OTHER people do. I hope they’ve made it more about the joy of moving and having fun for kids these days!

My own body image stuff is a nightmare I won’t get into, haunted by the stiff unforgiving denim of Levi’s I SHAN’T attempt to pull over my masses of loose skin ! x
I used to come in with fake notes to get me out of PE. By Year 10, I just refused and the teacher stopped fighting me. Id just sit & watch everyone else. 🐷

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I hope you don't mind me talking about the Joanna Lumley steak. This was a dish served in a near to home but village pub, renound at the time for good food (pre dating the gastro pub). Why was it named after JL? Because it was absolutely fabulous!

It was a fillet steak cut horizontally into 3 medallions. Each cooked to the customers liking. Steaks served in a stack with mushrooms and blue cheese within the layers, covered with a red wine sauce and topped with crispy fried leeks.

It was the most expensive thing on the menu, for birthdays or anniversaries only.

I once tried to reproduce this dish at home. I liked my steak medium, late husband well done (cremated). Spent ages cooking all elements, served with twice cooked chips and tender stemmed broccoli.

Husband found the faintest blush in his steak and refused to eat most of it, although ate the edges and all the accompaniments, I having spent ages cooking the meal was not prepared to let my meal go cold while I stuck his meat in a pan for another minute. My view was he knew where the pan was.

End result, I had most of his steak too!

Any way not a recipe as such but it does live up to it's name

• Heart

related to dance workouts zumba ia great its the only gym class I've done where i don't looknat the clock! i don't go to classes now but there are loads of videos on youtube

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hope you don't mind me talking about the Joanna Lumley steak. This was a dish served in a near to home but village pub, renound at the time for good food (pre dating the gastro pub). Why was it named after JL? Because it was absolutely fabulous!

It was a fillet steak cut horizontally into 3 medallions. Each cooked to the customers liking. Steaks served in a stack with mushrooms and blue cheese within the layers, covered with a red wine sauce and topped with crispy fried leeks.

It was the most expensive thing on the menu, for birthdays or anniversaries only.

I once tried to reproduce this dish at home. I liked my steak medium, late husband well done (cremated). Spent ages cooking all elements, served with twice cooked chips and tender stemmed broccoli.

Husband found the faintest blush in his steak and refused to eat most of it, although ate the edges and all the accompaniments, I having spent ages cooking the meal was not prepared to let my meal go cold while I stuck his meat in a pan for another minute. My view was he knew where the pan was.

End result, I had most of his steak too!

Any way not a recipe as such but it does live up to it's name
God that made me drool

• Haha
Fraus! Need to do some grunkaing so this will be wildly off topic, but does anyone have any advice for the start of a 'get fit' journey? I've put on 1.5 stone in the last year and want to shift it. Downloaded couch to 5k and have tried it tonight but let's just say I am currently lying on the ground in my local park feeling like I might die. At least there are parakeets flying overhead 🔺. If anyone has exercise recommendations for the supremely unfit I would be the most grateful of fraus!
Also highly recommend the Hairy Dieters. Loads of good recipes and love the fakeaways. I'm in a similar position. I lost a stone last year and felt great but put it all back on in lockdown. Finally feel in the right place mentally to do something about it so started again last week. For me I didn't do a diet as such. I cut out treats and snacking (really didn't realise how much I snacked) and focussed on lower carb, lots of veg and good lean protein to fill me up and still had a treat a day. To be honest I didn't do any formal exercise as I hate it but walked a lot which is really underestimated as exercise. Could this be something you do with Mr Cow? Or by yourself with a podcast and the time really flies.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I used to come in with fake notes to get me out of PE. By Year 10, I just refused and the teacher stopped fighting me. Id just sit & watch everyone else. 🐷
I used to fake asthma attacks to get out of PE.
I was actually really good at sport before High School, but i just didn't enjoy it. The added chore of the minging changing rooms put the kibosh on it all for me.
I am genuinely asthmatic, so it was very easy to start wheezing just before a lesson...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Urgh, I hated PE at school. Combination of teachers who seemed to hate kids, and want to torture/punish them plus being really self conscious about my body 😢 I didn't even know about sports bras and it was so awful running around the track and all the boys would just be watching my tits bounce, making comments and jeering. Why didn't the teacher do anything??
Now as a parent, I absolutely hate sports day. It seems so unfair to put so much pressure on children, you can't learn to be a fast runner. I cry (discreetly) every year, I see how anxious they all are not to let their team down. Cannot stand it.

• Heart
I hated PE at school too! In year 11 I messed around so much including just sneaking off to go smoke in bushes that I was forced to continue PE lessons with year 7's for the rest of the year. It was supposed to be a humiliating punishment but I loved it because I was finally on the same ability level as everyone else :LOL: . I do think at school they make PE so competitive that some people (myself included) just write themselves off as not a 'sporty' person!

@Jay-cloth Cow
Last year when I turned 30 I decided enough was enough so I slowly started running having never done it before, just doing 10 mins round the park at the beginning. Now a year and a half on I run 6k at least twice a week and usually run 10k on the weekends. A few personal things that help me:
- When I really don't feel like going I just don't put pressure on myself, I just think to myself 'just do a light jog and stop if you want, even 5 minutes is better than nothing' - with that mentality it doesn't feel as daunting and I always end up doing the full run anyway.
-I usually listen to a podcast for the first 20 minutes then put on music for the final stretch to give myself a boost!
-I don't drink water for half an hour before the run to avoid a stitch
-If I'm feeling really crap - I stop or slow down! I'd rather go easy on myself and actually complete the run than push myself too hard and burn out quickly. I think it should be enjoyable and calming rather than competitive.

Also highly recommend Madfit HIIT videos on youtube. She's very calm and not annoying and overly American like so many of the other fitness instructors.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh god help me..I'm working from home and got tv on in background with This Morning. Not really watching but they are interviewingthese 2 kids who are on BGT.
I don't watch BGT so no clue who they are but they showed a clip of their choir from the programme.
Turns out it's a sign language choir for disabled kids and they did 'This is Me' from Greatest Showman.
Now I'm sobbing and I've got to do a bloody Zoom with my boss in a minute...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Also hated PE with the burning of a hundred soft wool suns. The girls were so competitive in things like netball but also very violent - one girl swung my around by the pony tail and then beat the tit out of me while her friends egged her on and the PE teacher stood by absolutely useless. All because I'd blocked her pass or something. Gave up after that and just used to come into school late after period 1 (having spent the morning smoking Malboro Superkings with my friend in the local park hidden by a bush lol) so I could avoid the subject.

I have been doing Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube every day in lockdown and I've loved it. I'm not sure if it's led to me losing weight directly, but it's built up strength and flexibility and given me the confidence to start running. Also been good for mindfulness. I like her cos she's not full of bullshit!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Oh god help me..I'm working from home and got tv on in background with This Morning. Not really watching but they are interviewingthese 2 kids who are on BGT.
I don't watch BGT so no clue who they are but they showed a clip of their choir from the programme.
Turns out it's a sign language choir for disabled kids and they did 'This is Me' from Greatest Showman.
Now I'm sobbing and I've got to do a bloody Zoom with my boss in a minute...
Fan the eyes my dear, fan the eyes! ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Urgh, I hated PE at school. Combination of teachers who seemed to hate kids, and want to torture/punish them plus being really self conscious about my body 😢 I didn't even know about sports bras and it was so awful running around the track and all the boys would just be watching my tits bounce, making comments and jeering. Why didn't the teacher do anything??
Now as a parent, I absolutely hate sports day. It seems so unfair to put so much pressure on children, you can't learn to be a fast runner. I cry (discreetly) every year, I see how anxious they all are not to let their team down. Cannot stand it.
omg yes all of this!!! What was wrong with the teachers, they were always SO mean?! It was all so pointless, anyone who is going on for sporting greatness will be doing extra curricular clubs where they receive actual training and you will have nothing to do with their success anyway?! So why create this perverse caste system in school? Just let us enjoy being teenagers, outdoors, exercising!

Also did anyone else ever get self defence classes from the police in their PE lessons? 😂 Absolutely ridiculous - I remember one old man telling us to lick our fingers before we jab would be attackers in the eyes else they’d get stuck? He was probs suspended from active duty and confined to a purgatory of talking to teenage girls so thought he’d make tit up to keep it spicy. Those absolutely ridiculous flips and moves too, as if you’ve got time to be doing bits out a Sia music video when you’ve got a boy on a moped snatching ur iPhone X out your hand or some nutter armed with a machete kicks in your upvc door for your car keys 😂 holdup hun:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.