Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm planning on buying 1 extra pack of loo roll and some pasta and some chocolate just in case...
Waitrose online has run out of their own brand baked beans so I think other people have the same idea. It’s been like that for a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
no no no no no.... although he plays dumb all the time he can sniff out a tablet a mile off and it doesn't matter how much cheese we try to disguise it with!!!

Reactions: 9
I, as you I imagine are, am glad this is anonymous

Reactions: 10
I, as you I imagine are, am glad this is anonymous
From a professional point of view, absolutely!
Personally...I couldn't give 2 hoots I'm glad that I've had a past full of experience, regret & learning from my mistakes.

Still an absolute legend when I'm out though

Reactions: 14
no no no no no.... although he plays dumb all the time he can sniff out a tablet a mile off and it doesn't matter how much cheese we try to disguise it with!!!
Can't you crush the tablets? I squish them between 2 teaspoons?

Reactions: 7
Hope he feels better soon.Your wine's medicinal for shock .

Reactions: 9
Does he like to catch food? My dog will catch treats so if he's being difficult with tablets, I'll chuck him a few cubes of cheese (his fave) then a tablet and a few more bits of cheese.

Reactions: 11
Can't you crush the tablets? I squish them between 2 teaspoons?
No, little sod cottoned on to that years ago! Because he is so big he has to have 5 worming tablets at a time and he has the memory of an elephant! (as well as nearly being as big as an elephant!!!)

Does he like to catch food? My dog will catch treats so if he's being difficult with tablets, I'll chuck him a few cubes of cheese (his fave) then a tablet and a few more bits of cheese.
We caught him out with the first one. Told him he was a good boy and made him do all his tricks to think he was getting his treat!! After that he refused...Snuck it into some cheese and spat it out.... Because of his size we have to give him 5 worming tablets at a time and he's on to us....

Reactions: 12
Our family chi will only take tablets disguised in pate.

Reactions: 8
I always think vet bills are a great reminder of how lucky we are to have the NHS!

@SoulRebel - big hugs to your daughter, I hope she's okay. My first boyfriend, who I was with on and off for three years between 18 and 21, now lives in a permanent secure hostel for high-risk sex offenders after a short prison sentence and will never be let back into the community, and something like that can really make you doubt your own ability to read people.

Reactions: 25
Oh no @SoulRebel that must be a shock, not nice for any of you, very upsetting

My last dog was so good, he needed tablets every day and would let you pop them in. My current dog is a rascal, he will manage to eat the cheese round them and spit the tablet out... or any food stuff. I put cream cheese in my fingers and get him to lick it off and mid lick (about 3 fingers in) I offer a bit of tablet wrapped in ham and he goes back to cheese licking!

Reactions: 11
@crystaleyesd please, I’m BEGGING you, write your autobiography!
https://giphy.com/12gGfVlhSzYtGg

Reactions: 20
I hope your boy is ok.

Sounds a bit like the knee licker - he's a Ridgeback/Mastiff cross, and was such a big dramatic baby when he needed antibiotics. He likes his (eye wateringly expensive) worming tablets though, as they're like a meaty chunk thing.

Reactions: 7
I love these jams! My favourite is the lemon drop chilli one, I'm actually growing these chillies at the moment to make into some jam, they have an amazing flavour

@Toffee finger I do indeed have my plant!

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.