Food & Drink #6 Mouthfeel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been on the phone to Vlad he’s verrrry interested in the handwriting thing, persuaded me not to go to NASA 💵 gonna grunka the mother

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Couldn't help but think of Jackie and her biscoff when I saw this in the Woolies magazine 😂
20200828_143957.jpg

20200828_144015.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
amazing news @Badlyplatedflapjacks ❤❤❤

Yesterday was trying to nap before night time but couldn’t drift off cos I was still laughing at the mother thread. Traazers on a bird & the pictures of the vomit dish from all different angles has done me in 😂

Don’t want to be a mumsnet bore but have baby’s hearing test today and dreading it. They want her to be asleep for it which is a mental request, if I knew the trick to make her sleep on demand I’d be both minted and beautiful right now?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
@LavaFlake I just heard that there's a new series of My Dream Dinner Date on R4 starting next Monday afternoon. The first guest host is Alison Steadman!

Oh dear dear, I've just seen the stale crisps again on the MT, hopefully someone will bin them soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
@LavaFlake I just heard that there's a new series of My Dream Dinner Date on R4 starting next Monday afternoon. The first guest host is Alison Steadman!

Oh dear dear, I've just seen the stale crisps again on the MT, hopefully someone will bin them soon.
That sounds right up my street thank you @SoulRebel ! She is so talented and hilarious.

I am having a very healthy breakfast of a kinder chocolate cookie! I made them last night and they're very filling and pretty sweet but tbh if it's got kinder chocolate in it then of course it's going to be sweet! Please ignore my chipped nail polish (thankfully just chipped, not dirty!).

20200828_080937.jpg

Grunka-ing on this thread massively but amazing to hear, @Badlyplatedflapjacks ❤

Eta: I don't normally have stuff like this for breakfast! But after the week at work I've had I need allll the sugar to get me to Friday evening 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I meant to say this yesterday but @Flumps for my most recent toastie I also spread the outside of the bread with mayo, saw it on a Gizza Erskine video for Hellmann's. Like you, I didn't expect it to make much of a difference but wow, it really does make the toast lovely and golden and crisp. A Hellmann's live tip which I will actually use going forward, Jack could never!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
On the toastie chat I love these;
1. Cheese, jalapeño and spring onion
2. Leftover curry (sprinkle of salt over the butter on the outside of the bread for this one)
3. Nutella and banana (sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon on the outside of the bread)

Getting a wagamamas for dinner tonight so already excited for that.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
That sounds right up my street thank you @SoulRebel ! She is so talented and hilarious.

I am having a very healthy breakfast of a kinder chocolate cookie! I made them last night and they're very filling and pretty sweet but tbh if it's got kinder chocolate in it then of course it's going to be sweet! Please ignore my chipped nail polish (thankfully just chipped, not dirty!).

View attachment 225477

Grunka-ing on this thread massively but amazing to hear, @Badlyplatedflapjacks ❤

Eta: I don't normally have stuff like this for breakfast! But after the week at work I've had I need allll the sugar to get me to Friday evening 😂
Is this a thing you can buy or a home creation?!!!
I'm still on the no carbs thing 😥 so am living vicariously through this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is this a thing you can buy or a home creation?!!!
I'm still on the no carbs thing 😥 so am living vicariously through this thread.
They're a recipe from Janes' Patisserie! https://www.janespatisserie.com/2020/07/25/kinder-bueno-cookies/

I would really recommend checking out her Instagram feed if you like that kinda stuff - although may be a temptation too far! But really imaginative and tasty looking deserts - although definitively targeted towards those with a sweet tooth!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They're a recipe from Janes' Patisserie! https://www.janespatisserie.com/2020/07/25/kinder-bueno-cookies/

I would really recommend checking out her Instagram feed if you like that kinda stuff - although may be a temptation too far! But really imaginative and tasty looking deserts - although definitively targeted towards those with a sweet tooth!
Your cookie looks amazing! That and a cup of tea 🤤 Also are your walls Dulux white mist?

Ohhh it’s pretty much the weekend, have you guys got fun takeaway / life plans? I’m trying to plan a fun date with our +1 after being inspired by @crystaleyesd being so happy and free, although ngl we’re talking more nature park and a yum yum from the bakery than any hanky panky.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Fraus, can we talk plums?

I have some lovely big Vic plums that were sent in my veg box, but the kids have decided they aren't keen on them. Any inspiration for nice things to do with them?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Morning fraus - french toast with honey and plums (not greengages 😭) for me this morning, although I make my 'french toast' by just dipping bread into eggs because I detest milk - I've never noticed much difference tbh.

DSC_1067.JPG

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Im about to spend the weekend at the MILs. Send thoughts and prayers. Travelling for 2 hours with kids, because shes too scared to get on a train herself 🥴

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Ohhh it’s pretty much the weekend, have you guys got fun takeaway / life plans? I’m trying to plan a fun date with our +1 after being inspired by @crystaleyesd being so happy and free, although ngl we’re talking more nature park and a yum yum from the bakery than any hanky panky.
Yes, kiss goodbye to your spontaneous park hanky panky for the next 18 years dear heart :LOL:. I'm afraid I'm letting the side down somewhat this weekend - have a deadline that I've let get away from me (THANKS tattle) so I'm having a work weekend, although tempted by a self indulgent takeaway...

What are mein fraus favourite things to get from a takeaway - any cuisine? Inspire me!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.