Food & Drink #6 Mouthfeel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If music be the food of love, play on!

There were no discernible thread title contenders so I chose ‘Mouthfeel’ as I like the word and it always made me smile when used by @crystaleyesd in her crisp reviews.

All welcome. Waiting with baited breath for @Breakdance Badass big reveal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Fraus, I stepped out of the warm humid weather into the cool chilled like a SMEG fridge ambience of Waitrose. Tentatively I started up the aisle, towards the beautiful bountiful bakery department. I asked the wiry pensive looking man, “Sir, do you have those (my voice faltered here) cherry almond pastries?”. He glanced up and pointed to my left, I said thankyou and kicked him in the shin and ran to the display. There nestled like bejewelled pouches of chamois leather with glistening cherry sauce, small tear shaped flaked almonds drizzled with horse spunk they lay. Love Mack Jockroe aged 32 1/2, Southend

5DA1A929-A574-4926-A10C-E87928C3EE5A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Love that word as well, so calming somehow! I’m so excited, tomorrow for the first time since lockdown I’m going to a restaurant for lunch (taking advantage of the eat out thing ) excited but also nervous as were supposed to be outside on a terrace but rain is forecast... also hate getting the train, anyone else in London notice about half of people wearing masks still not doing so correctly ?!

Fraus, I stepped out of the warm humid weather into the cool chilled like a SMEG fridge ambience of Waitrose. Tentatively I started up the aisle, towards the beautiful bountiful bakery department. I asked the wiry pensive looking man, “Sir, do you have those (my voice faltered here) cherry almond pastries?”. He glanced up and pointed to my left, I said thankyou and kicked him in the shin and ran to the display. There nestled like bejewelled pouches of chamois leather with glistening cherry sauce, small tear shaped flaked almonds drizzled with horse spunk they lay. Love Mack Jockroe aged 32 1/2, Southend

View attachment 215425
You missed out the description of being verbally harassed by some men en route 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

View attachment 215425
Those look incredible. Can you post a shot of the filling? I love most cherry items except glacé ones.

• Heart
Those look incredible. Can you post a shot of the filling? I love most cherry items except glacé ones.
Erm........ no! We ate them 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I will try to get some more another day, just to show you of course. It was like a cherry jam but smooth and thicker than a jelly

• Haha
Reactions: 22
If you like cherry you should try an Australian chocolate bar called cherry ripe, you can get it in some international sweet places here (or probably online) it’s cherry, coconut and covered in chocolate 😍

• Heart
Mmmmm. I love all things cherry related. All of them. Special mention to maraschino cherries, black forest gateau and black cherry jam. Glace cherries (especially the fancy dark ones) in Madeira cake. Yum.

I have just discovered I can switch to dark mode on here. Amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Mmmmm. I love all things cherry related. All of them. Special mention to maraschino cherries, black forest gateau and black cherry jam. Glace cherries (especially the fancy dark ones) in Madeira cake. Yum.

I much prefer the look of the dark mode! Proper messes with my eyes though, with white text on a black background. Long IG stories proper frazzle them 🥴

Reactions: 10
Can’t believe you found the elusive cherry bake well yum yums! I imagine they were very ephemeral.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Waitrose has a very nice Morello Cherry pie. Have had it twice during lockdown.

• Heart
Whispers the yum yums are square donut type affairs with cherry filling and icing on the top, but those look fab. I’ve not seen those in my local.

I also like the pineapple tarts

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Whispers the yum yums are square donut type affairs with cherry filling and icing on the top, but those look fab. I’ve not seen those in my local.

I agree I thought whoever called them yum yums got mixed up, I’ve never seen these others you speak off!!!! Maybe these are the Jock version?🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Oh wow I think I got overexcited at the picture and thought they were yum yums 😂 I’ve got to stop looking at the picture now.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I used to love those round cherry hard sweets that were in a long tall packet but can’t remember the name.

Cherry drops?? They were the DREAM although definite mouth shredders
That sounds like it!

I used to make a maraschino cherry loaf cake from a recipe I got from a Canadian. She added walnuts. I’ve just had a look on Google and there are a lot of maraschino cake recipes out there. Here are some pictures. Also maraschino cherry ice cream.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Cherry Ripe bars sound very similar to Cabana bars, a favourite of mine in the 80s, sadly discontinued in the 90s

• Heart

View attachment 215425
Omg these look amazing 😍
I’m praying to the Waitrose gods they have these and the yum yums when I go back

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.