Food & Drink #5 Sit the feck down, I need to see the fecking bread cart!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fraus I have some great news.... after a weekend of waiting in agony I have been offered the job ❤

It's goodbye toxic agency and hello working in house for an organisation whose aims and values I truly support and align with mine. I'm very emotional considering I was on a zero hours minimum wage job 4 years ago, and really struggling month to month (not to sound like JM lol). But I never thought I'd get this far in my career.
Amazing news on a rainy Monday! Congrats!

@NoseyParkour I am also that person. Party food is a whole other food group to me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone seen Mermaids? I love it. I also love all of the miniature party food meals that Cher makes.
CF57E44B-5F49-4713-84F2-310D4D08628A.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ooh sorry to derail but I finally watched Midsommar last night and LOVED it. Like Wicker Man with more ostentatious flower crowns. Yes yes yes.

I've gotten bang into emotion horror since watching Babadook and it seriously scratched that itch for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Fraus I have some great news.... after a weekend of waiting in agony I have been offered the job ❤

It's goodbye toxic agency and hello working in house for an organisation whose aims and values I truly support and align with mine. I'm very emotional considering I was on a zero hours minimum wage job 4 years ago, and really struggling month to month (not to sound like JM lol). But I never thought I'd get this far in my career.
Congratulations @LavaFlake!!!! Great news, so pleased for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ooh sorry to derail but I finally watched Midsommar last night and LOVED it. Like Wicker Man with more ostentatious flower crowns. Yes yes yes.

I've gotten bang into emotion horror since watching Babadook and it seriously scratched that itch for me.
Yes!!!!!! I was one of the original champions of this, so I’m going to assume full responsibility 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Congrats @LavaFlake on the new job.

I tried to edit my last post, we weren't really hated for the smelly sarnies, more of a running joke.

If we'd had more sensible sandwiches I'd probably not even remember what we had and it meant me and my brother could tease our mum about it.

• Heart
Congrats @LavaFlake on the new job.

I tried to edit my last post, we weren't really hated for the smelly sarnies, more of a running joke.

If we'd had more sensible sandwiches I'd probably not even remember what we had and it meant me and my brother could tease our mum about it.
I put onion and celery into egg mayo.😊

• Wow
  • Heart
@LavaFlake — Congratulations!!!!

@BananaSmith — I love a wee egg and onion sanger 😋

we watched Midsommar at the weekend too — loved it. Just cinematically beautiful, if very unsettling. Husband got the wrong end of the stick, and kept asking when they were going to sacrifice John Nettles 🤣

....is a flower crown too extra for a week of zoom calls?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I forgot to say that during the recent heat my coconut 🥥 oil and my vitamins melted.☹ I went to make a sir fry and it was just a jar of clear liquid.

also, much as I am an onion lover, cheese and onion, tuna and onion, corned beef and onion and am partial to egg mayo with prawns, I have never had egg an onion 🧅 the thought has never occurred.🤔 I’m really not sure

Reactions: 6

Oh my Christ!! Fantastic news! Well done you xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Congratulations to @LavaFlake moving on up in the world and ditching that toxic place !!!

Midsommar is great, very unnerving, I was completely fine with all the gore but
if you're triggered by seeing someone deliberatelycut themselves there's a bit after the... scenic cliff viewings...where someone cuts their hand, just as a warning. Even the goriest scenes in the film I was fine but that bit I had to fast forward.

The cinematography is utterly beautiful, the director (avi arad?) must be wes Andersons evil twin 🤣

• Heart
Hello fraus! After a week of sofa surfing with friends, I moved into the sublet today! It's a pretty grotty basement which kinda smells of damp and there's no washing machine so I'm going to have to go to the laundrette like I'm in 1980s New York, but I get to live by myself for a little while and I've decided to do a Jackie and cosplay a consumptive Victorian street urchin rather than complain about the grottiness (even though I just dropped £75 at Waitrose - FANCY). Missing Istanbul though...

Fave picnic food - definitely some sort of vegetarian roll. Love me a mushroom and leek pastry roll, or a spinach and feta borek.

Congrats @LavaFlake on the job! That must be such a good feeling 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I forgot to say that during the recent heat my coconut 🥥 oil and my vitamins melted.☹ I went to make a sir fry and it was just a jar of clear liquid.

also, much as I am an onion lover, cheese and onion, tuna and onion, corned beef and onion and am partial to egg mayo with prawns, I have never had egg an onion 🧅 the thought has never occurred.🤔 I’m really not sure
I don’t use mine for cooking but for moisturiser and it’s still melted Now !

Reactions: 5
Hello fraus! After a week of sofa surfing with friends, I moved into the sublet today! It's a pretty grotty basement which kinda smells of damp and there's no washing machine so I'm going to have to go to the laundrette like I'm in 1980s New York, but I get to live by myself for a little while and I've decided to do a Jackie and cosplay a consumptive Victorian street urchin rather than complain about the grottiness (even though I just dropped £75 at Waitrose - FANCY). Missing Istanbul though...

Fave picnic food - definitely some sort of vegetarian roll. Love me a mushroom and leek pastry roll, or a spinach and feta borek.

Congrats @LavaFlake on the job! That must be such a good feeling 😁
A room of one’s own at least, enjoy that!

Hello, so sorry to hear about your mum. Tapentadol was originally prescribed through a pain clinic, and I know get repeat prescriptions through the GP. She must push for a re-referral to the pain clinic. Also, contact the pain clinic herself to see if the referral was ever received. If a consultant prescribes something for a patient, then the GP has to continue prescribing. The consultants are also experts in contraindications with other medications a person may be taking. What codeine is your mum taking - the kind with paracetamol? If so, which strength? You can message me privately if you like.
Thank you ❤. I will try again to encourage her to go back and ask about her referral. She’s a very stoic woman who refuses to bother doctors but it breaks my heart to see her in so much pain. She’s been dragged slowly though the NHS system for years to the point where now she’s inoperable and will have to live with it all. She’s on max codeine and paracetamol plus has oromorph when it’s really unbearable (but won’t take this as worried about side effects). I’ve suggested all sorts over the years (have some knowledge of it from 🔺 work) but hadn’t heard of that particular painkiller so I’ll pass the message on. Pain clinic definitely is what she needs. It’s an awful thing to have to cope with, there really needs to be more investment in research around chronic pain but I know this is massively underfunded. A subject close to my heart. Love to everyone that’s going through it x

Congrats @LavaFlake and @crystaleyesd! Lovely news 🙌

Midsommar 😱😱😱, I saw that in the depths of winter and it put me off going to Ikea for ages! So beautiful but so disturbing 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
[

Congratulations @LavaFlake

• Heart
Welcome! I also have no kids, a heart-shaped face and am salt and vinegar fan!

All this talk of Mexican food is making me salivate! Oh my.

I went to a pub yesterday for the first time in a big Welsh city and it scared me how little people were adhering to social distance guidelines. The pub itself was incredible - they have put most of their outdoors under canopy in well seperated booths, order through an app, one way system etc. But when walking back to the station to get a lift from the carpark from my partner I was appalled. It was probably around 6pm and people were dressed up and out on the piss like it was 1am! I'm assuming because all the clubs aren't open so people are going out earlier and just booking tables. Groups of girls and lads who definitely don't live together crammed closely in queues, huge gaggles of people outside takeaways. It's put me right off going into town again... and this had been my first time in since February! However, I'm so glad I saw my friends. First ones I'd seen since the pandemic and its massively boosted my MH and I even forgot about this job interview outcome for a few hours!

I probably would do the eat out scheme but not in any restaurants within town after that experience.

I also loved Mallory Towers and St Clares! I had my Granny's old books. And how I dreamed of ginger beer at midnight feasts! I loved the books even though both series rehashed the same stories! (E.g. a girl who arrives pretending to be rich but isn't rich in the end and is very poor and pretending and rightly gets her come uppance)
Omg I love this peep into the outside world thank you, you’re like an ch4 domestic affairs correspondent going where we daren’t and reporting back!

Does anyone else feel 500 years old when you think of the youths still having enough enthusiasm to get dressed up and go out? Bless them and their little insta grids, and absolute lack of fear of ventilators.

Just jumping ahead on my Grunka-a-thon to say this is a lovely offer, you sweetie. I haven't seen anyone except the GP re: pain yet, though am waiting for a referral to try and discover the cause, right now my coping mechanisms are whinging and floating on a sea of codeine at night time. As I don't know what's causing it yet, though I'm doing a lot of reading, I don't want to waste your time or generosity by taking something from you that might not be useful, so can I remember your offer in future if it does turn out to be a recommended thing? xx

Ooooo. I am taking a solid guess at your name now. I hope it is the one I am thinking of, someone I know and admire a lot has the same name so I have lots of affection for it.
Oh 100%, or I’m happy to just send it you anyway and if it’s useless or dangerous (and so glad you’re checking I don’t want to accidentally electrocute you) I know you’d just gift it forward, I think most trusts do rental schemes for them for labouring women so that’d be an easy place to leave it! It’s the Elle 2 tens or something, it’s on the John Lewis website if you want the specifics to ask your dr about x

omg yaaay mega mega congrats!! ❤❤❤❤ How are you celebrating?!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.