Food & Drink #4 Any herb will do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks guys for all the love. He sadly passed away early this morning. My dad is with my nan, I can’t go over until my hire car is collected at some point this morning. So I’m drinking tea and trying to distract myself till I can see them. It’s tit. He hadn’t been well for a little while so I know for him this is what he wanted and is comfortable now but I can’t imagine my Nan without him!

I could really eat some Hummingbird cake right now.
Biscoff I like but not sure where this obsession for it came from!
My condolences, please take care ♥

Im glad your family is rallying around your nan, that support will make a world of difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sorry to hear your update @Toffee finger, take care xx

it’s still bright sunshine and blue skies here, not sure when we’ll get rain

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks guys for all the love. He sadly passed away early this morning. My dad is with my nan, I can’t go over until my hire car is collected at some point this morning. So I’m drinking tea and trying to distract myself till I can see them. It’s tit. He hadn’t been well for a little while so I know for him this is what he wanted and is comfortable now but I can’t imagine my Nan without him!

Oh Toffee finger that's so sad, I'm sorry. It's good your dad is with your nan and it won't be long until you're with them too. You definitely deserve some cake xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you for the recipe @Flumps, that looks simple enough even for me! I'm going to bake it on Friday night (rock and roll haha) and will let you know the outcome!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's going to be one of those days where it just ... doesn't stop raining, isn't it? We're going to have to bite the bullet soon and head out regardless. I really need to get him a raincoat, I should have done it ages ago, I also imagine he'll look incredibly handsome in one!
Ooh love bakewell! My old dog (he died when he was nearly 16 used to make me laugh, I got him a coat and he wouldn’t move. Just stood on the spot and refused, I think he thought it was beneath him. So no matter how cold or wet he just had to get cuddled warm when home 🤣 My current dog has just turned 5 and is the same (same breed, fairly stubborn) so I’ve given up on dog coats x

Just saw your weather post and we are in the same vicinity!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ooh love bakewell! My old dog (he died when he was nearly 16 used to make me laugh, I got him a coat and he wouldn’t move. Just stood on the spot and refused, I think he thought it was beneath him. So no matter how cold or wet he just had to get cuddled warm when home 🤣 My current dog has just turned 5 and is the same (same breed, fairly stubborn) so I’ve given up on dog coats x

Just saw your weather post and we are in the same vicinity!
I think my dog might be OK with a raincoat, I had to get him a ThunderVest (like a weighted vest thing which is meant to calm his anxiety when there's fireworks / thunder / whatever) and he LOVES it. Weirdly, he hates being dried when we come in, I go near him with a towel and he acts like I'm trying to, idk, kidnap him or something? Now I think about it, I'm wondering whether when he was first rescued, they used a towel to wrap him up at the side of the road where he was found, and maybe it's got scary connotations for him? He's strange though, so it could be anything 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s my first post in this topic, hello sad hausfraus!

I actually come to you all older (and definitely a lot more wiser) fraus for advice.

I have a first date at the weekend! Part of me is super excited to finally meet this person I’ve been talking to constantly every day for four months and the other part is hoping rona hits for another wave by Saturday so I can bottle it.
The last date I had was a resounding success and ended in a great relationship that very sadly ended, however the first one was OJ in Starbucks followed by her bribing me to like her with a box of six creme eggs!

This time though, we are doing an activity, and I have no idea if we are going out before or after or what the plan is. I kind of need to be....not myself 😂 As myself is very awkward and always says the wrong thing at the wrong time. The outfit is in control and selected, I would ask JM but she would probably tell me to whip an engagement ring out by the end of the activity and do a six point ‘is she rich’ check!

So any people who are dating at the moment, what is your best first date advice to give?
I'm not dating at the moment, hah, oh that sounds terrible, please no one tell the person I've promised to marry I said it like that, obvs I mean I don't plan to do dating in the future either, but I did do *a lot* of online dating once upon a time.

However, my advice is probably super annoying, because it's 'don't be less you'. I understand the urge, because I'm hyper-conscious of all my weird ways (and I have plenty), but at the end of the day you've been talking to your date for months, they probably have a very good idea of 'you' one way or another, and they like that person, so don't submerge the person they like under an idea of the 'perfect date'. They like you and want to see you.

Also, please don't treat it like an audition or a job interview. By which I mean, don't hang the future on it. I know this is incredibly hard to do, but if you can get your mindset into 'this is a nice thing I am doing with a nice person and it's going to be a good, interesting, different day' rather than 'I have to get this right because x, y, z rests on it' then you'll relax into it better.

And you're going as much to find out if this person is someone you want to spend time with as much as they are. So they will be feeling the same things as you. You're not the only one in the chair as it were! If you think about it as a chance to check them out, rather than a chance for them to check you out (or really as a mutual checking out), then it's a better attitude to have. You're awesome, so you deserve someone awesome too, you're not showing up to be assessed, you get to do the assessing too.

You said outfit is sorted, which is good, it is nice to feel you look good and you're wearing something you like. Practically, leave plenty of time to get where you're going, no point arriving all hot and bothered, just for yourself really. If weirdness happens, because it is odd to meet someone you've been talking to for a long time, then acknowledge it briefly, laugh about it and then move on, don't keep referring back to it. If you worry about conversation (which I'm guessing you shouldn't as you've been talking for so long), then make sure you have a few things ready to talk about.

Most of all, try and allow yourself to enjoy it. Those butterflies are exciting, not scary, because you're meeting someone you like and fancy and your hormones and body are responding to that. That's a cool, exciting, brilliant thing that we get to experience as human beings. It's a lovely positive thing to have met someone you think you're going to get on with, however it turns out, don't focus on what ifs, focus on the nice thing that's happening right then and there.

Like I say, I dated a lot, which made me in the end very blase about it, and by the time I met my now partner I went to all dates with a casualness borne of, frankly, not giving much of a tit how they turned out*. I know your situation is different because you've already formed a bond and an interest, but try not to give this too much weight, because that's what turns it into a trial.

*This works brilliantly, but it's also a massive shock to the system when you meet someone who blows you away.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
First of all, so sorry for your loss @Toffee finger.

It’s my first post in this topic, hello sad hausfraus!

I actually come to you all older (and definitely a lot more wiser) fraus for advice.

I have a first date at the weekend! Part of me is super excited to finally meet this person I’ve been talking to constantly every day for four months and the other part is hoping rona hits for another wave by Saturday so I can bottle it.
The last date I had was a resounding success and ended in a great relationship that very sadly ended, however the first one was OJ in Starbucks followed by her bribing me to like her with a box of six creme eggs!

This time though, we are doing an activity, and I have no idea if we are going out before or after or what the plan is. I kind of need to be....not myself 😂 As myself is very awkward and always says the wrong thing at the wrong time. The outfit is in control and selected, I would ask JM but she would probably tell me to whip an engagement ring out by the end of the activity and do a six point ‘is she rich’ check!

So any people who are dating at the moment, what is your best first date advice to give?
As the resident cabal Tinderer, my main advice is always to go in with low expectations. It's very hard when you've been chatting for a long time, as you'll have an idea in your head already that may not be real. As far as you can, try to put that to one side. I tend to go in expecting a funny anecdote rather than true love. That helps.

Doing an activity is honestly a great idea - instant conversation! I'd recommend having a drink/bite after. If things don't go well, easier to duck out. If they do, you'll have more to talk about.

Mostly...don't worry about being yourself. It's a first date...they're usually awkward for both parties. Relax, you can do this!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I will proudly stand as the only red velvet fan ✌
Me too, most of them are tit but when you get a good one it's well nice. I think this is possibly also due to the fact I don't really like proper chocolate cake/ice cream/etc. Chocolate - yes, chocolate flavoured stuff- not bothered. Don't really like carrot cake. 🙊
I love anything based around a vanilla cake with fruit or nuts/spices. Had a very cool lemon blueberry cake once with a thin layer of cheesecake in it! Cheesecake is amazing.
I've not had the biscoff spread but I was a big Lotus biscuit fan in the gluten days. Cinnamon anything has my heart.

@Toffee finger so sorry to hear of your news, hope you are doing as okay as can be right now <3

• Heart

Oh no I’m so sorry @Toffee finger. Sending you love x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Spent this morning making the first pickles of this year, spicy shallots ☺

IMG_20200804_105925.jpg

Kids now moaning because the house smells of boiled vinegar 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
⬆

eta: Sorry, this drool was for Nottonight’s pickles, not Harder’s hug 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm not dating at the moment, hah, oh that sounds terrible, please no one tell the person I've promised to marry I said it like that, obvs I mean I don't plan to do dating in the future either, but I did do *a lot* of online dating once upon a time.

However, my advice is probably super annoying, because it's 'don't be less you'. I understand the urge, because I'm hyper-conscious of all my weird ways (and I have plenty), but at the end of the day you've been talking to your date for months, they probably have a very good idea of 'you' one way or another, and they like that person, so don't submerge the person they like under an idea of the 'perfect date'. They like you and want to see you.

Also, please don't treat it like an audition or a job interview. By which I mean, don't hang the future on it. I know this is incredibly hard to do, but if you can get your mindset into 'this is a nice thing I am doing with a nice person and it's going to be a good, interesting, different day' rather than 'I have to get this right because x, y, z rests on it' then you'll relax into it better.

And you're going as much to find out if this person is someone you want to spend time with as much as they are. So they will be feeling the same things as you. You're not the only one in the chair as it were! If you think about it as a chance to check them out, rather than a chance for them to check you out (or really as a mutual checking out), then it's a better attitude to have. You're awesome, so you deserve someone awesome too, you're not showing up to be assessed, you get to do the assessing too.

You said outfit is sorted, which is good, it is nice to feel you look good and you're wearing something you like. Practically, leave plenty of time to get where you're going, no point arriving all hot and bothered, just for yourself really. If weirdness happens, because it is odd to meet someone you've been talking to for a long time, then acknowledge it briefly, laugh about it and then move on, don't keep referring back to it. If you worry about conversation (which I'm guessing you shouldn't as you've been talking for so long), then make sure you have a few things ready to talk about.

Most of all, try and allow yourself to enjoy it. Those butterflies are exciting, not scary, because you're meeting someone you like and fancy and your hormones and body are responding to that. That's a cool, exciting, brilliant thing that we get to experience as human beings. It's a lovely positive thing to have met someone you think you're going to get on with, however it turns out, don't focus on what ifs, focus on the nice thing that's happening right then and there.

Like I say, I dated a lot, which made me in the end very blase about it, and by the time I met my now partner I went to all dates with a casualness borne of, frankly, not giving much of a tit how they turned out*. I know your situation is different because you've already formed a bond and an interest, but try not to give this too much weight, because that's what turns it into a trial.

*This works brilliantly, but it's also a massive shock to the system when you meet someone who blows you away.
Yeh I totally agree with all of this, on my first date with my now boyfriend (we knew each other vaguely from work but not well) we spoke about everything, I spoke about my eating disorder and going to therapy, his addiction issues (none of which I think are anything to be ashamed of, but some people could find it a bit much at first ) so we both knew what we were getting into. Ultimately I think it’s a way of weeding out people who in the long run wouldn’t work out

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.