Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry going back to the baby talk... i found the newborn phase a bit tricky but loving the toddler phase! I feel oddly privileged that the start of lockdown coincided with my daughter being 14 months.
My little one has been fiercely independent since birth, so as a small baby she was pretty easy, but it was less rewarding in a way. It's a good time for coffee with other mums and baby cinema though! I always like to say to new mums that if you find the newborn phase tough it does get better. I've not really experienced the full on terrible two's yet though 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you for the warning is this thread 58 😬
Yep. God I hate to sound cliquey but the older ones are using spoiler tabs, but
they’re talking about zooming in on pics and type/age of scars
and 90% is unspoilered.

On topic - that new green cuisine range is nice, had the ‘sausage’ roll for tea. Yummy. 😋

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Them's fightin' words!

Worst cake has to be red velvet. Where did it suddenly come from? The definition of style over substance...it tastes of nothing.
Yep! And every single red velvet cake to pass these lips is dry AF like desert sands...

Last edited:
Where is the cheesecake love???

Thanks @Silver Linings know for a fact that would have got to me - and with number of people reading that thread I'll be far from the only one. Hope no one has been triggered, for want of a better word

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have got so broody over the past year! Never thought I would be but think body clock has kicked in. I lost one of my ovaries to a 15cm dermoid cyst about 5 years ago now but hopefully shouldn't impact anything. Partner and I have said we'll evaluate having a kid 2 years from now (been together 4 already but only just moved in together) but I think I know what my decision is already and I know he'd be happy to go that way too😂

Nandos vegetarian menu is where it's at @heretoreaditall2019 ! I feel like their chicken (and chicken in general tbh) is so overrated!

@Flumps carrot cake is a God tier dessert! I've never made one (only ever baked a victoria sponge and ginger cake) but I adore homemade ones from cafes!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Jesus Jack Monroe Christ, I wish these newbies on the mother thread would spoiler alert s**f harm. Argh. Erm, on topic, I like food and drink.
Sorry I mentioned the S word & I didn’t spoiler it. I’ll see if I can go back & edit.

• Heart

Thanks @Silver Linings know for a fact that would have got to me - and with number of people reading that thread I'll be far from the only one. Hope no one has been triggered, for want of a better word
Carrot cake is the greatest cake in all the cakey world and I could eat it all day long.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Thanks @Silver Linings know for a fact that would have got to me - and with number of people reading that thread I'll be far from the only one
I also made a London cheesecake (as Nigella has it) for the weekend just gone. Though we scoffed that before everyone came round for the BBQ. I love cheesecake more than cake. Though I did once make a cake that looked like a cheese.

I noped out at the self-harm stuff, because things I shouldn’t be thinking snuck up on me. Jeez, you really can think you’re on top of the head stuff then it whammies you when you’re really not expecting it. By ‘you’ there I obviously mean ‘me’ but am assuming it’s not a unique experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Sorry to do a JM but having the shittest time, baby is bleeping huge after gaining 2lbs in just over a week and I don’t think they’ll let me have a natural delivery anymore. Waiting for a consultants appt now, crying in the waiting room which has gotten my mask wet so I look like liquid covid.

Baby looks just like my husband though which is sweet, I wonder which variation of huge nose shell inherit as its currently dinky
Oh gosh <grunkling> I really feel for you! And liquid Covid made me laugh, you’re such a love try not to worry (I’m sure you’re fine now this was HOURS ago)

• Heart
I noped out at the self-harm stuff, because things I shouldn’t be thinking snuck up on me. Jeez, you really can think you’re on top of the head stuff then it whammies you when you’re really not expecting it. By ‘you’ there I obviously mean ‘me’ but am assuming it’s not a unique experience.
It’s not. ❤

• Heart
Carrot cake is the greatest cake in all the cakey world and I could eat it all day long.
I meant cheesecake 🙈 though Carrot is also great.

Been doing some grunkaing over the past few days and had things i wanted to say to a few of you but my brain is a tad fried so I will just send sprinklings of love to all ❤

• Heart
Or ppl asking if the accounts have been posted yet when they're literal public info you can google!

I miss her being in Edinburgh it was such a beautiful time, miss her being in the shed, wish she'd go back to making horrors with food and stop writing tit I'll never read!
Miss her being in her kitchen with five standard lamps, extension cables coming out her arse and shouting at Mrs J for having the tv on tbh

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Has been a little prickly (crispy? 🤔) In places on the other thread this evening.

Carrot cake is one of my favourites ☺
Have never eaten red velvet cake. Find it looks a bit too lurid for my taste.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Mine too. I always had one in cafes - there’s a place near me that made delicious carrot cake 👌🏼 I’d never made one myself as I always thought it would be hard? But I did for the first time at Christmas time and it was amaaaaazing and we declared it our new Christmas cake.
Glad to ‘see’ you, Jay-Cloth!

I see you were not talking about the great and mighty carrot cake, after all!
Ha it is my other favourite choice so the love is definitely there!

Glad to 'see' you and the rest of the cabal too! Had a mini digital detox (other than work...sigh) but happy to be back. 💪

• Heart
Can I just ask what people’s thoughts are on Biscoff? I’m not a fan & people look at me like I’m an alien when I say this, I can’t be the only one surely?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@Alansbigplate I’m relieved. I hope you’re feeling rested after your early night last night? ❤
Omg honestly like a different woman! Switched phone off around 11pm ish probs later it was hard to stop reading and lately it’s usually been around 3am! That’s mad! Also went on a 2 mile walk after work (in my spare room) am just trying to GL enough to satisfy myself that I should go to bed again, I dont wanna get behind 😬😬😬
@Toffee finger hope grandad is ok x
@SoulRebel Joe 😍😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.