Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im always broody! I loved pregnancy, even with all the crappy symptoms. Id never felt so confident, favourite time was laying in bed at night and just watching all the movements šŸ„° Id love to do it again, but i'm too scared of PND again. Anytime a friend has a baby, im there eager for cuddles ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Im always broody! I loved pregnancy, even with all the crappy symptoms. Id never felt so confident, favourite time was laying in bed at night and just watching all the movements šŸ„° Id love to do it again, but i'm too scared of PND again. Anytime a friend has a baby, im there eager for cuddles ā¤
Yeah I would go once more, but I have to be realistic that my MH just isn't good/consistent enough these days. Oddly, during my last pregnancy, my episodes vanished for the duration. That could happen again but I couldn't take the gamble! šŸ˜¬

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was so moved and enraptured by JMā€™s Edinburgh sojourn that Iā€™m in the process of recreating her trip in homage to her*. Today, Iā€™ve strolled mournfully along George Street where she stayed and gazed in wonder at quaint local establishments Five Guys and definitely-not-a-chain-Dishoom. I also kept an eye out for some cheery homeless folk who I could palm slop off onto, should the need arise, but didnā€™t spot any. Plenty of bagpipers though so theyā€™ll have to do. I didnā€™t bring a nutribullet but I could always gift someone the hairdryer from my hotel room as I depart.

*Not strictly true. I AM in Edinburgh, triangulation fans, but my trip was actually booked before JMā€™s visit to her second home. I also got a bog standard train rather than a sleeper but the journey from
the north east of England was so short I barely had time for a nap anyway. Happy to report that there were no issues on said train with seat reservations and social distancing was in full effect.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Yeah I would go once more, but I have to be realistic that my MH just isn't good/consistent enough these days. Oddly, during my last pregnancy, my episodes vanished for the duration. That could happen again but I couldn't take the gamble! šŸ˜¬
It is a total gamble, isnt it. The newborn bubble after my second was amazing (my first was a traumatic experience), and I felt SO content. If only we could bottle that feeling šŸ„° ...before they turn into toddlers šŸ˜ˆ

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I got myself into terrible debt throughout university and in my twenties with several loans / credit cards / store cards - I struggled with living costs and spent far beyond my means in terms of unnecessary items, and was in denial about it - and I know that it truly is horrible and I wish you much love. I hope I didnā€™t make you feel bad, as the recap was quite judgmental towards JM, as she is horrendous. I hope you know that just because she is being brought to account for her irresponsible spending / asking people for money, there are myriad reasons for getting into debt, and being in debt doesnā€™t mean youā€˜re a bad person. Iā€™m sorry if this comes across as really patronising, I just wanted to say something ā¤
Donā€™t worry I havenā€™t felt any judgement here only from myself šŸ„°

• Heart
Reactions: 9
View attachment 201003This is baby Joe, he's been here for 5 weeks now, @LennyBriscoe. Good luck to @heretoreaditall2019, such a scary time for you but it sounds as if you are getting really good care.
He is just perfect šŸ’™ what a wee sweetheart, lying there without a care in the world. Beautiful x

@heretoreaditall2019 and @Veronicaaa ā€”
Got it! Thank you!

Iā€™m was like one of those absolute fuckwits on Catchphrase who just donā€™t say what they see .... I was spinning through ā€œToad Coffeeā€ and all sorts šŸ˜‚

View attachment 195177
ā€œItā€™s good but itā€™s not right!!ā€

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
@Toffee finger - hugs to you and best wishes to your granddad. x

I think I am going to have to give up the JM thread for a little while. It's like she's taking me on a tour of all my personal greatest (for values of greatest that equal massively crappy) hits and I need to know my limits. And I can't find anything funny to say about any of it and I don't want to be a misery on the internet.

I had Bovril on toast for dinner, because that's where I am today.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@Toffee finger - hugs to you and best wishes to your granddad. x

I think I am going to have to give up the JM thread for a little while. It's like she's taking me on a tour of all my personal greatest (for values of greatest that equal massively crappy) hits and I need to know my limits. And I can't find anything funny to say about any of it and I don't want to be a misery on the internet.

I had Bovril on toast for dinner, because that's where I am today.
That sounds like the right thing to do, Flumps - you know whatā€™s best for you. Here is food and nice. Letā€™s talk about cakes, baby!
How did your partnerā€™s sumptuous carrot cake go down?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That sounds like the right thing to do, Flumps - you know whatā€™s best for you. Here is food and nice. Letā€™s talk about cakes, baby!
How did your partnerā€™s sumptuous carrot cake go down?
Awww, he was very pleased with it, even though it was a bit plain, because whatever is up with my hands is making manual dexterity tricky. But it was Batman themed, and I do know my audience. Also, totes blowing my own trumpet, but it tasted pretty lush too. I would post a picture, but I've realised I only took one with him blowing out the candle, and I can't crop it so his name isn't visible and unlike me he has an uncommon, extra triangulatable (yeh, that should be a word) name.

We had an all round lovely weekend though, filled with all the things that make life nice and I'm feeling grateful for that soothing balm.

• Heart
Love weekends like that ā¤ Cake sounds the bomb! There is no finer cake than carrot cake.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's not stupid at all. I had all three of my babies in my early twenties and was a granny in my forties. You can have a baby if you want to without needing a partner now!
Iā€™ve got one, well, not a baby but a tweeny. One of my odd similarities with Jack is a whoopsy baby (who I love dearly, obvs) from my early twenties so I may well be a Nanny in a few years. I feel much older than I am and am totally comfy in my solo life, and iā€™m looking forward to having a bit of life that I missed out on. Yet every month my body is like.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Love weekends like that ā¤ Cake sounds the bomb! There is no finer cake than carrot cake.
I do love carrot cake. The recipe I use is from one of my cake decorating books and is the best one I've found, probably because it has plenty of golden syrup in it, which I find improves most things immensely.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Good evening Frauen šŸ’•

@heretoreaditall2019 - glad to hear you're in the hands of a professional you trust and I hope you're having a relaxing evening/night

@Toffee finger keep us posted and take care of yourself, best wishes to you and your granddad ā™„ā™„ā™„

I do not understand the crisp posts but prawn cocktail walkers are great and you should probably all work for MI6 šŸ‘šŸ»

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I do not understand the crisp posts but prawn cocktail walkers are great and you should probably all work for MI6 šŸ‘šŸ»
I'm watching Spooks (MI5 I know, but still) on BritBox atm and it's very enjoyable, though they don't seem to talk about Monster Munch as much as I expected.

• Haha
Jesus Jack Monroe Christ, I wish these newbies on the mother thread would spoiler alert s**f harm. Argh. Erm, on topic, I like food and drink.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Them's fightin' words!

Worst cake has to be red velvet. Where did it suddenly come from? The definition of style over substance...it tastes of nothing.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.