Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of sliding off seats... anyone got any thanks very Matt much Matt forearm pics to hand?
Too hot to grunka back to DKL threads to see what delights may await me there but my hormones say I need to see some lovely hairy forearms right NOW!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Bloody hell it's hot innit? I just took a turn around the garden with the baby and felt like I was abroad.

@colouredlines you look wonderful, and the dress is a beaut. Would love to hear any recommendations of where to buy decent dress fabric. I have several patterns I bought years ago and have never bought fabric to make the bloody things.
Thanks! My mother lives in London (triangulate her!) so that's the only place I ever visit in the UK. If you're anywhere near there, Goldhawk Road is spectacular. Really, one of the best fabric shopping destinations in the world. I've also heard good stuff about the Rag Market in Birmingham, but the thought of flying all the way to Birmingham to buy fabric doesn't really inspire...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have tried but they are always total tit, but a good kale chip is *chefs kiss* How do you do it?
I think most of the problem is down to the oven as it is gas, and though new-ish the temp differs wildly all over as the air circulation is clearly trash. (Other people who don't do proper cooking bought it at a time I was living elsewhere)

@Toffee finger I will (yes) absolutely be taking you up on that offer when things get under control for vulnerable special princesses like myself to do real fun stuff again <3
In my oven, I give them a good wash then put them spread out on a tray, about 10 mins at 120. But they are tricky buggers so I keep an eye on them and give them a pinch to check crispness and a little move around. Else there may be the risk of chewy chips, or erm ash 😂

I always season after they're cooked not before.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Bloody hell it's hot innit? I just took a turn around the garden with the baby and felt like I was abroad.

@colouredlines you look wonderful, and the dress is a beaut. Would love to hear any recommendations of where to buy decent dress fabric. I have several patterns I bought years ago and have never bought fabric to make the bloody things.
There are some lovely sewists on IG, I've bigged her up before, but the.polka.dot.palace has some good ideas and she collaborates with tillybuttons. They often show beautiful fabrics and pattern hacks.

PS - It's just over 40 degrees here in the shade and I have a chicken in the oven 🥵

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Whats everyone eating in this diabolical heat? 🥵
I had a tuna sweetcorn sandwich for lunch (addicted) and about to have one of my @Pocahontas ice lollies to cool down.

I’ve been getting weird twinges downstairs so I’m trying to eat little but often and drinks loads of water so if it starts I’m at least well nourished. I’m not sure if I’ve done the twinges to myself I was cleaning the windows internally as workmen have all left so possibly stretching too much?

It’s meant to get up to 35 though fuuuck that!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had a tuna sweetcorn sandwich for lunch (addicted) and about to have one of my @Pocahontas ice lollies to cool down.

I’ve been getting weird twinges downstairs so I’m trying to eat little but often and drinks loads of water so if it starts I’m at least well nourished. I’m not sure if I’ve done the twinges to myself I was cleaning the windows internally as workmen have all left so possibly stretching too much?

It’s meant to get up to 35 though fuuuck that!
Ahhh exciting 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@colouredlines beautiful dress, you look great. I’ve recently been gifted my grandmas sewing machine so I’d love to start making things but I haven’t gone near sewing since my home ec days of school in the 90’s. Might try and attempt some cushion covers or something, keep it simple.

Food wise, I’ve had eggs on toast so far. Takeaway planned for tonight but can’t decide what I fancy yet and don’t want to be disappointed in my decision!

• Heart

For online I like Minerva Crafts as they have a huge range. Fabric Godmother has some lovely stuff and I got some gorgeous black linen from Patterns and Plains at the start of lockdown. I buy vintage silk on eBay as I am a vegan but believe in sustainable sewing and using what already exists. I know that probably makes me not a proper vegan but I’m happy with my choices!

• Heart
Any one else hate hot weather? I really struggle in the heat and summer is my absolute least favourite season.

Currently an almond magnum
Im way too fat for this heat. It makes me so agitated & uncomfortable and Ive zero confidence to wear nice lighter clothes. I also go beetroot in the face immediately and sweat like a witch. Give me spring & autumn any day!!

• Heart
  • Sad
God morgen Frauen

After a lot of debate I have travelled back to NI to see my elderly unwell parents and check that their various care packages are working (yes for the most part, but lots of social care stuff to do today)

I was really REALLY looking forward to a breakfast feast of toasted Veda, but unfortunately all of the fresh food I ordered for them last week wasn’t put in the freezer, and I was faced with an entirely grey (blue/green mould on a dark brown crust) loaf.

View attachment 197671

Upsetting about my breakfast (obviously it’s all about me, Jack Style) but even more upsetting to see how old and incapable parents have become...
Can I ask how the journey over was?

I'm wondering about traveling back to see mine as if I don't go over the summer it'll realistically be next year but worried about all of it as my mum is high risk.

Hugs as it's horrible being away and seeing your parents getting older.

Speaking of sliding off seats... anyone got any thanks very Matt much Matt forearm pics to hand?
Too hot to grunka back to DKL threads to see what delights may await me there but my hormones say I need to see some lovely hairy forearms right NOW!
There's one of him with his calves out as well as his forearms but maybe work your way up to that pic!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Ot but I am exactly like you, cannot see to save my life. Once with a v mysoginistic bf he asked me to sew on a button of his, I said I couldn’t and he accused me of pretending not to be able to for some feminist goal 😂 eta sew, not see 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
urgh the mother thread right now. I hate that Jack will be reading it and hooting to herself at what she’s done.

My child was born in the middle of a heatwave, I was more excited about the cool air in the hospital than the baby!

For on topic purposes, just ate a penguin that was from the fridge and it had started to melt and stick to the wrapper in the time it took me to walk the ten feet to the sofa. I hate this weather, I am a pale viking descendant.

Here you go, @BilboSaggins
3212A663-0423-4617-A60D-9BC219B78C02.jpeg

Not only a brawny, veiny forearm but a nipnip as a Brucie bonus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
My child was born in the middle of a heatwave, I was more excited about the cool air in the hospital than the baby!
Mine too, it was the hottest day of that year. Had two fans on, no air coming in the window, it was rank!! He was born around 7am and the room was about 34/35° 🥵 ive never known a hospital be cool!! But ours is so so old.

also. Mother thread. Heavy. And i there are lots of verrrrrrry long responses. 🥴

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
There are some lovely sewists on IG, I've bigged her up before, but the.polka.dot.palace has some good ideas and she collaborates with tillybuttons. They often show beautiful fabrics and pattern hacks.

PS - It's just over 40 degrees here in the shade and I have a chicken in the oven 🥵
40?! Where are you??

Im way too fat for this heat. It makes me so agitated & uncomfortable and Ive zero confidence to wear nice lighter clothes. I also go beetroot in the face immediately and sweat like a witch. Give me spring & autumn any day!!
Babe, same. It’s horrible isn’t it? Especially when everyone expects you to love it! I’m sat at home with all the curtains shut, air con on, crossing off the days till September and hopefully cooler weather!

Whats everyone eating in this diabolical heat? 🥵
I had a crusty roll with tons of butter for lunch. Boring AF but I was eating out of necessity rather than actually fancying anything. So bloody hot today even with two fans on in the living room. Got some leftover rice in the fridge so might just do some egg fried rice for dinner. I hate even the thought of cooking when it’s hot.

Any one else hate hot weather? I really struggle in the heat and summer is my absolute least favourite season.
Yes. I hate the heat. Not a sun worshiper at all. I love Autumn. Cannot wait for the days of chilly weather and Autumn walks.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Babe, same. It’s horrible isn’t it? Especially when everyone expects you to love it! I’m sat at home with all the curtains shut, air con on, crossing off the days till September and hopefully cooler weather!
Air con! Im jealous. I hate the summer!

I had a crusty roll with tons of butter for lunch. Boring AF but I was eating out of necessity rather than actually fancying anything. So bloody hot today even with two fans on in the living room. Got some leftover rice in the fridge so might just do some egg fried rice for dinner. I hate even the thought of cooking when it’s hot.

Yes. I hate the heat. Not a sun worshiper at all. I love Autumn. Cannot wait for the days of chilly weather and Autumn walks.
Egg fried rice planned here too, quick & easy! I love Autumn! I dont like the extremes of the heat & cold. Cool and slightly chilly do me fine 🙌

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.