Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning frauen! I'm feeling very happy today BUT will pop this under spoiler tag for ED mention just to be on the safe side.

I had quite a traumatic experience a couple of years ago, and it led to me gaining a load of weight and then struggling for ages with relapses into bulimia (which causes more weight gain because bulimia really is tit). Anyway, since I moved house a couple of months ago I've been working on taking control of myself in a healthy way. Nothing obsessive but through good food, exercise and better habits, I have gradually been getting back to my old self. Today I am wearing a dress I haven't fit into since 2017. It's a little tight but duck me, I'm feeling ecstatic to be putting the bad times behind me!

View attachment 197598

PS I made the dress myself. I do fear triangulation, but honestly, what are the chances that Jack would click on a thread about Food & Drink?
That's amazing. You look killer :love: Keep it up, fraus!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Morning everyone. Fried eggs on toast for me this morning with a lil ketchup cos I'm a heathen.

My other half is off work today with me so we are going into town later for some drinks and thai tapas food. Very excited.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Drool to all of that! I love kale chips but recently managed to spend half the day at work with a big bit stuck to my front tooth. Nobody told me 🙈!

Thats the worst!! I always let someone know if they have food in their teeth, or when a skirt/dress rides up by a bag or whatever. I see a lot of girls walking around with friends or partners and wonder why theyve not said something like a hole in the arse of leggings for example!

Reactions: 15
Morning frauen! I'm feeling very happy today BUT will pop this under spoiler tag for ED mention just to be on the safe side.

I had quite a traumatic experience a couple of years ago, and it led to me gaining a load of weight and then struggling for ages with relapses into bulimia (which causes more weight gain because bulimia really is tit). Anyway, since I moved house a couple of months ago I've been working on taking control of myself in a healthy way. Nothing obsessive but through good food, exercise and better habits, I have gradually been getting back to my old self. Today I am wearing a dress I haven't fit into since 2017. It's a little tight but duck me, I'm feeling ecstatic to be putting the bad times behind me!

View attachment 197598

PS I made the dress myself. I do fear triangulation, but honestly, what are the chances that Jack would click on a thread about Food & Drink?
You look absolutely amazing. Solidarity on the trauma > gain > bulimia cycle. We'll get through this ✊🏻❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16

View attachment 197598

You look lovely! The dress is really pretty.

Reactions: 12

View attachment 197598

Your dress is stunning and perfect for summer, it fits and suits you so well. Always nice to wear something you've made yourself - well done :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
God morgen Frauen

After a lot of debate I have travelled back to NI to see my elderly unwell parents and check that their various care packages are working (yes for the most part, but lots of social care stuff to do today)

I was really REALLY looking forward to a breakfast feast of toasted Veda, but unfortunately all of the fresh food I ordered for them last week wasn’t put in the freezer, and I was faced with an entirely grey (blue/green mould on a dark brown crust) loaf.

1596189108543.jpeg

Upsetting about my breakfast (obviously it’s all about me, Jack Style) but even more upsetting to see how old and incapable parents have become...

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

View attachment 197598

Is that a BHL Anna dress? It looks wonderful.

Reactions: 3
Is that a BHL Anna dress? It looks wonderful.
Nope, it's Simplicity but I can't remember the pattern number. Not a fan of BHL I'm afraid!

Thanks for your lovely comments everyone...what a supportive cabal we have here!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Nope, it's Simplicity but I can't remember the pattern number. Not a fan of BHL I'm afraid!

Thanks for your lovely comments everyone...what a supportive cabal we have here!
They look nice on other people but I’ve never managed to make one look good on me! It’s a gorgeous dress.

Reactions: 4
Oh I love simple things like that 😋. Buttery, garlicky green beans are a fave of mine, and I can eat a whole bowlful of buttered peas on their own, with plenty of white pepper, sometimes some mint. Ooh and simply stir-fried broccoli ☺ Love green veggies.

Anyone make kale chips? Love those too with Maldon salt and cayenne pepper.
I have tried but they are always total tit, but a good kale chip is *chefs kiss* How do you do it?
I think most of the problem is down to the oven as it is gas, and though new-ish the temp differs wildly all over as the air circulation is clearly trash. (Other people who don't do proper cooking bought it at a time I was living elsewhere)

@Toffee finger I will (yes) absolutely be taking you up on that offer when things get under control for vulnerable special princesses like myself to do real fun stuff again <3

Reactions: 5
Homemade kebabs later. Shish and doner. Primarily to use up a tub of out of date Greek yog for tzatziki.

Also making scones this afternoon. Primarily to use up a tub of out of date clotted cream.

I see a theme...:unsure:

The reality will probably be that everything stays in the fridge and we all eat crisps for dinner because of bastard heat.

Tesco finest (FANCY) Marie Rose Prawn <natch>

Lunch has been an iced coffee and may or may not include an almond finger if and when I cba to slide off my seat and make it to the kitchen (a metre away).

• Haha
Bloody hell it's hot innit? I just took a turn around the garden with the baby and felt like I was abroad.

@colouredlines you look wonderful, and the dress is a beaut. Would love to hear any recommendations of where to buy decent dress fabric. I have several patterns I bought years ago and have never bought fabric to make the bloody things.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m so hot 😭 home working in the garden in the shade. Breakfast was an almond milk frappacino (sp?) from Starbucks (fancy) and lunch was a green salad and some salami in a fresh baked ciabatta

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.