Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another fan of a strong flavoured cheese and onion crisp - tattoos are yum.

ETA taytos not tattoos are yum! Bloody autocorrect.

Also love Lays paprika.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I bought these before a plane journey (not for leisure!) last week based purely on the packaging - do not be deceived they were AWFUL! Not salty at all... just tasted like a tin of smoked paprika had been poured on top. Had to deal with breathing in that flavour inside of my mask for the rest of the journey :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
😂 It's just a plain ring shaped donut covered in sugar.
No idea why it's called a gravy ring.
If I was trying to imagine what it is from the title, it wouldn’t be a donut! Or any sweet thing tbh 😂 anyone know the reason for the name ?!

• Haha
Don’t all triangulate me at once, fraus! 1p discount at my rip off Sainsburys local, hurry, hurry, step right up 😅 seems a waste of a sticker
9BC50F45-C57D-4AB7-819D-AC1443314A75.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
@emm , have had a quick look in wiki and apparently gravy is an archaic name for hot cooking oil.

Mmmm, hot cooking oil ring - yum.

ETA. Am talking about gravy rings, forgot to quote @emm.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I second the Co-op salt and vinegar crisps, they’re so sour it’s amazing. Also Tesco multipack crisps (like own brand walkers) are sooo good. I got a bag of 30 packs for under £3 because my son has assorted friends coming to play in the garden every day and they would eat me out of house and home if I didn’t throw crisps at them.

Also I really like ready salted kettle chips! It’s the only flavour I like but they’re so salty and crispy and oily it feels super indulgent. They’re good hangover crisps

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Also crisps chat: what is the greatest flavour/brand? I personally think a bag of smokey bacon walkers is hard to beat but I know I'm alone on this one...
You definitely are not alone, epic crisps!!!!❤ Another vote for co-op salt and vinegar. I love M&S ham crisps. Peanuts are a firm favourite too.

I detest cheese and onion crisps 🤢

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Cheeseburger crisps from France is the best crisps ever. Somehow they manage to encapsulate every bit of the burger- the beef, the mustard, the pickles. Magnifique (why do the French have all the best stuff 😭)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Crisps it's all about the McCoys Ridge Cut Salt & Vinegar. 👌

Cheese and onion crisps are an abomination. Should be illegal.
100% agree with the above. Oh and Monster Munch. People always seem to open a pack of Monster Munch in the one space the smell will not diffuse #8 you're stuck with pickled onion flavour attacking your nostrils. 😫

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
@Flumps that cake is proper amazing!! I can’t believe you have the Lego set waiting and not built it yet 😮
I’m glad there is a few Lego fans on here. That’s another hobby that people usually laugh at me for!

I‘ve already said this on the crisp thread but my favourites are Chilli Heatwave Doritos/Flamin’ Hot Giant Wotsits/Asda own version of Pringles 😋😋

• Heart
Cheeseburger crisps from France is the best crisps ever. Somehow they manage to encapsulate every bit of the burger- the beef, the mustard, the pickles. Magnifique (why do the French have all the best stuff 😭)
I had a cheeseburger pizza in France once, ordered by a teenager. I turned my nose up, but was convinced to try a bit. It was goddam magnifique! I want one now 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 7
@Flumps that cake is proper amazing!! I can’t believe you have the Lego set waiting and not built it yet 😮
I’m glad there is a few Lego fans on here. That’s another hobby that people usually laugh at me for!
I love Lego so much. It's silly (so I didn't say before), but at first I was so busy I didn't have time to do it, but now I am reserving the joy of building the Death Star until I've achieved something I'm working on (hahaha, JM style tease that, but I'm only not sharing the thing because I'm a bit embarrassed by it). It's going to be my reward for success. Sadly, the thing is taking a lot longer than I hoped, but one day I will build it.

This was one of my favourite ever cake orders - an Indiana Jones/Star Wars Lego crossover affair. I promise I will stop posting photos of cake now.

legocake.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I love Lego so much. It's silly (so I didn't say before), but at first I was so busy I didn't have time to do it, but now I am reserving the joy of building the Death Star until I've achieved something I'm working on (hahaha, JM style tease that, but I'm only not sharing the thing because I'm a bit embarrassed by it). It's going to be my reward for success. Sadly, the thing is taking a lot longer than I hoped, but one day I will build it.

This was one of my favourite ever cake orders - an Indiana Jones/Star Wars Lego crossover affair. I promise I will stop posting photos of cake now.

View attachment 194725
Good luck and I look forward to the day you post a photo of it built (I will politely pretend I’m not nosey and desperate to know what the thing is!)
Another amazing cake and good crossover. Personally I am more than happy to see many photos of cake. Our wedding cake was Lego themed, I’d post a photo but that would triangulate me for sure!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I rarely go to Tesco anymore because I have other supermarkets closer to where I live, and I really miss their Beef and horseradish crinkle cut crisps, they were AMAZING (sorry, veggies). I *do* love me a crinkle cut, and they were just the right thickness - slightly less thick than McCoys but not at thin as, say, Pringles, and *very* crispy.

Personally I am more than happy to see many photos of cake.
SAME!

• Haha
Salt and Vinegar crisps are the best! I currently like the Tyrells ones, but that is as posh, sorry FANCY as I will go.

Reactions: 7
Crisps it's all about the McCoys Ridge Cut Salt & Vinegar. 👌
I LOVED these in uni, tbh looking back I should have just gone out to binge eat packs of these and not binge drunk loool. Also I'm not sure if Seabrooks IS a northern thing or not, but I discovered those at uni and never ever see them anywhere else? Ocado have them in stock though!

Also feel like Martin Lewis rn / the dickensian cockney hustler JM believes herself to be - we're getting new wooden floors put in the living & dining room this week so we have a LOT of waste that's just out the front of the house at the moment (classy). A really lovely woman wanted our underlay (it's v good quality & we'd have kept it if we were sticking with carpets) - when she came she also wanted the carpets & grippers too?! I'd given away the 2 palettes the floor came on to a local business & messaged her about left over plywood as I know she was making planters with it and she wants that too! We're getting someone to come collect the proper waste (gross 1950s skirtings) purely because I cba to spend time with the covid denying mask dodging boomers on our local fbook group down the tip but it'll be like a fraction of the cost now?! Also a ~mother earth moment~ as loads of stuff isn't headed to landfill!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.