Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Butter beer chat, now I’ve caught up...@Pixieboots you’d so think it would be liquid worthers original but have to agree with @heretoreaditall2019 - resembles and tastes more like a Lush concoction! My OH loved it though. Maybe it’s the new marmite in terms of you either love it or hate it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It is a tough one. I did once experiment with double-dipping, but have tended to go with a dip and drizzle strategy on fresh, warm buns in recent years.

Covering all bases, I like that. But first, you have to knead your dough thoroughly to make sure you get a good rise, otherwise your drizzle will be a disappointment.

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I’m a bit confused because I missed what happened yesterday, but ❤ to anyone upset by it. I hope I haven’t unwittingly contributed to anything and apologise if so, I don’t mean to offend anyone. Unfortunately it feels like calling Jack out can attract unsavoury opinions which is rubbish at it detracts from the cause of highlighting her utter cuntiness. It’s good to see people pointing out the MT is not the place for that

Does anyone have Halloween plans? The weather is pants here and seems like barely anyone has bothered decorating, so probably not going to do the ‘new normal’ style treat or treating :(

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@Veronicaaa and @Oofadoofa - I tend to get a craving for broccoli when my diet has been a bit crappy for a week or so. I assume it's my body yelling at me for something green and nutritious. Am a bit jealous of your pasta, pasta with broccoli, chilli, garlic and anchovies is one of my favourite dinners.

I woke up with a craving for good pizza though. I am all about the comforting carbs right now. Decided there must have been more improvements with MrF overnight as he used the word 'contretemps' in a text this morning. I'm just trying to get myself into a being busy frame of mind, but am so achy in my hands and knees and fuzzy headed that I'm struggling to get going.

#13 dicks and donuts
Hah. Love the thought that now you're just testing the boundaries. We got away with 'Willies and mash', will we get away with 'Dicks and donuts'?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
In other news I had leftover cauliflower cheese for lunch which was lovely. For people in the north west have you have the Maray 'Disco Cauliflower' dish? Its veggie and is roasted with harissa, tahini, yoghurt and almonds and is divine.
Grunka-ing but just fallen into a Disco Cauliflower stupor. This looks incredible —I would actually buy a deep fat fryer for this specific thing 😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Here’s a great picture of an A&W frosty glass of root beer. They used to have a lot of restaurants dotted around the US. Waitresses came to serve you in your car. The root beer is still sold in supermarkets.
Best root beer ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Controversial - but when we went, we all loved the butter beer 😂 especially me, but I’m a bit of a sweet tooth Sal.

Soo sorry to hear you’ve been ill Harry ❤ Glad to hear you’re all on the other side now. Been meaning to say to you, as per your recommendation aaaages ago, I‘ve been working through Broad City and I love it. Just watched the pegging episode 😂
I'm grunka-ing so I know the thread will have moved on but I love Broad City! I have been known to shout "Nicki Min-Ashkenazi Jeeewww!" on family Friday night dinners.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
happy Halloween mavens
no idea why they have rotated 😳
View attachment 294659
View attachment 294661
View attachment 294662
Omg I love this! This is cute Halloween kids will love this!!

My neighbours have turned a for sale sign into a terrifying pumpkin person, from behind it’s just a person dressed in black stood there so has made my heart stop multiple times whilst up in the night with baby 😂 Let’s hope Jack Monroe doesn’t see it and its square for sale-y shoulders, and start pawing at our pavement.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Grunka-ing but just fallen into a Disco Caulflower stupor. This looks incredible —I would actually buy a deep fat fryer for this specific thing 😍😍
They are doing take away at the moment so I might get this delivered later. Its honestly the most gorgeous thing ever with the roasted flavour and the texture of the nuts.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They are doing take away at the moment so I might get this delivered later. Its honestly the most gorgeous thing ever with the roasted flavour and the texture of the nuts.
and that green sauce. I’d struggle not to order a Bakchich and a Mowgli whilst the driver was on Bold St though.

• Heart
@Veronicaaa and @Oofadoofa - I tend to get a craving for broccoli when my diet has been a bit crappy for a week or so. I assume it's my body yelling at me for something green and nutritious. Am a bit jealous of your pasta, pasta with broccoli, chilli, garlic and anchovies is one of my favourite dinners.

I woke up with a craving for good pizza though. I am all about the comforting carbs right now. Decided there must have been more improvements with MrF overnight as he used the word 'contretemps' in a text this morning. I'm just trying to get myself into a being busy frame of mind, but am so achy in my hands and knees and fuzzy headed that I'm struggling to get going.

Hah. Love the thought that now you're just testing the boundaries. We got away with 'Willies and mash', will we get away with 'Dicks and donuts'?
Sorry if I have missed it, but did your viewers turn up after your frantic tidying? Or did they cancel?

• Heart
Happy Werewolf Bar Mitzvah fraus! Spooky scary, boys becoming men, men becoming wolves.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Best root beer ever.
Do any of you frauen remember when root beer was a drink option at McDonalds? It was a sad day for me when they stopped selling it in the early 90s. I love A&W root beer and have no idea why it’s not a more popular drink in the UK. I sometimes find Carter’s root beer in Asda, or Bundaberg in Tesco which are both nice, but neither of them are a patch on A&W.

• Heart
I'm grunka-ing so I know the thread will have moved on but I love Broad City! I have been known to shout "Nicki Min-Ashkenazi Jeeewww!" on family Friday night dinners.
YES.
It’s so good, isn’t it? Makes me wish I was a sassy New York Jewess (Sincerely hoping this isn’t inappropriate to say) ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Do any of you frauen remember when root beer was a drink option at McDonalds? It was a sad day for me when they stopped selling it in the early 90s. I love A&W root beer and have no idea why it’s not a more popular drink in the UK. I sometimes find Carter’s root beer in Asda, or Bundaberg in Tesco which are both nice, but neither of them are a patch on A&W.
I got the OH a 24 pack of A&W for his birthday. He was genuinely delighted. I hate the stuff though 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.