Food and Drink #54

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lads, I’m so tired, I’ve started crying twice (in private) this morning. I do 4695 steps (more or less) taking the kids to school in the morning (involving massive hiand with last weeks raft of appointments too, I’m shattered. One of the kids had a friend turn up late last night for refuge in the peace and quiet of our house (both a worry and a bit triggering) and I’ve been up late one reason or another all last week too. And! I couldn’t shut my window last and there were ten thousand extremely noisy planes going over all night.

hope everyone has a good day, I am gonna have to listen to my body saying retire to horizontal for an hour.

@HotesTilaire show us your nails when they’re done!
@griftalo if it makes you feel any better, I had a huge meltdown yesterday evening. I filled up the dog's water bowl and within 2 minutes he rushed past it and knocked the whole thing flying. It's not his fault because we live in a very cramped space but the effort of re-filling it 3 steps away at the tap was just too much for some reason. I had a huge yell into the void, ate a packet of crisps in 12 seconds and had a glug of leftover Christmas liqueur straight out of the bottle. Not proud of it but just tipped over. It happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@griftalo if it makes you feel any better, I had a huge meltdown yesterday evening. I filled up the dog's water bowl and within 2 minutes he rushed past it and knocked the whole thing flying. It's not his fault because we live in a very cramped space but the effort of re-filling it 3 steps away at the tap was just too much for some reason. I had a huge yell into the void, ate a packet of crisps in 12 seconds and had a glug of leftover Christmas liqueur straight out of the bottle. Not proud of it but just tipped over. It happens.
I hope you feel better now. We all need to drink out of the bottle sometimes! May I suggest a massive pan instead of a dish?!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Lads, I’m so tired, I’ve started crying twice (in private) this morning. I do 4695 steps (more or less) taking the kids to school in the morning (involving massive hiand with last weeks raft of appointments too, I’m shattered. One of the kids had a friend turn up late last night for refuge in the peace and quiet of our house (both a worry and a bit triggering) and I’ve been up late one reason or another all last week too. And! I couldn’t shut my window last and there were ten thousand extremely noisy planes going over all night.

hope everyone has a good day, I am gonna have to listen to my body saying retire to horizontal for an hour.

@HotesTilaire show us your nails when they’re done!
Hakuna Matata, I hope you feel better soon.
1719250238728.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I hope you feel better now. We all need to drink out of the bottle sometimes! May I suggest a massive pan instead of a dish?!
Ha! I was following the cats drinking convo earlier. A large pot is not the answer for us, altho on a hot day like today, it's tempting to fill one up to stick one's feet in! Hope your day has been okay too. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Lads, I'm off to Anfield to see Pink tonight. If any Fraus are there I'm wearing my Honk! t-shirt. Ask me for a tin opener

• Heart
I met my mum at a garden centre today and have spent £££ on half price David Austin roses.
I hardly recognise myself these days 😂
BITD I’d be spunking my cash on shoes and bad decisions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ha! I was following the cats drinking convo earlier. A large pot is not the answer for us, altho on a hot day like today, it's tempting to fill one up to stick one's feet in! Hope your day has been okay too. xx
My feet wouldn’t fit in it 🤣🤣
my day has been mixed, I’ve had a bit of a rest, done annoying admin type stuff, then I’ve made three different dinners for the kids of the house, one didn’t like the vegetable mash and pasties I made, and had to have spaghetti hoops on toast and has been near inconsolable about school, and not feeling like they have friends, which is heartbreaking. We had a big chat about putting shapes into the wrong hole in a shape sorter but it doesn’t mean anything is wrong with the shape when it won’t fit, it’s just not in the right place. School is a square and my kid is a star.
I can’t wait to be able to get both younger kids into a sen school. Kid who came over last night is now going to be staying for a while -bigger kid and friend are having jacket potatoes and tuna at their request - which is what I had last night, the new instant pot/air fryer is making them really crispy on the outside which is texturally very pleasing! Old instant pot is now in one of the kids moving out boxes of pans etc for when that time comes.

I’ve not cooked for me though today - YH is making me prawn Tom yum- 🎉 i forgave him a few days ago for the sake of a peaceful home and I got a foot massage today too 🎉🎉

@MaineCoonMama Susan ❤ she’s just adorable, I wish pets could visit!
---
I met my mum at a garden centre today and have spent £££ on half price David Austin roses.
I hardly recognise myself these days 😂
BITD I’d be spunking my cash on shoes and bad decisions.
I have David Austin roses! Which did you get? Mine haven’t quite been what I hoped but I ordered mine somewhat blind as online and I couldn’t smell them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have David Austin roses! Which did you get? Mine haven’t quite been what I hoped but I ordered mine somewhat blind as online and I couldn’t smell them.
I entirely blame my BFF and Mr N for this. Mr N has wanted roses for ages and my BFF swears by the David Austin ones and now I’m slightly obsessed.
I got Kew Gardens, Nye Bevan, Strawberry Hills and Silas Marner today.
We have Bathsheba and Bring Me Sunshine already.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Roses you say ...

---
Eta- anyone who works in an office environment you believe has air con. You only have air con if there is pure gas chilled going to the unit. Most places have comfort cooling. It gets hot, it can't really cope.
From 7am I've been rushed off. Chillers going down, ac not working, water leaking through ceilings because the condensate pumps are not working.
Be nice to us please. We are hot too.
Mchops

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I entirely blame my BFF and Mr N for this. Mr N has wanted roses for ages and my BFF swears by the David Austin ones and now I’m slightly obsessed.
I got Kew Gardens, Nye Bevan, Strawberry Hills and Silas Marner today.
We have Bathsheba and Bring Me Sunshine already.
Mine. 100% do not recommend scent wise. I wish the Jude the obscure had a different name as that book broke my heart in two. Still makes me upset thinking about it.
IMG_1568.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m obsessed with how aged Pekingese look like chain smoking old ladies. This is one of my favourite examples
View attachment 3011881
I’ve got a whole narrative for her. Her garden is absolutely immaculate and the grandkids love going to hers for tea because she makes chips in the deep fat fryer and lets them have a shandy on Christmas Day.
I had an elderly great auntie who was a bit like that. She never had kids of her own and had a series of very spoilt dogs (big ones, not Pekes). I didn't visit her often, but she used to give me whole boxes of Cadburys Chocolate Fingers to eat, because she "only bought them for the dog".

She lived to be 96 and lived independently until the end, helped by a cleaner and A Man who did her shopping. The ashes of her last dog were in a little urn on the mantelpiece. Her husband's ashes were in the garden.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m the opposite of green-fingered, I didn’t even know there were different brands of flowers… but why wouldn’t there be!

I looked up the Nye Bevan ones, they’re like beautiful little suns.

IMG_5575.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Nightsnacks: mini cheddars and truffle salami washed down with cheap Chilean white.

I’ve been a bit absent from posting here but have read it all. I lost my mum. 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Eta- anyone who works in an office environment you believe has air con. You only have air con if there is pure gas chilled going to the unit. Most places have comfort cooling. It gets hot, it can't really cope.
From 7am I've been rushed off. Chillers going down, ac not working, water leaking through ceilings because the condensate pumps are not working.
Be nice to us please. We are hot too.
Mchops
I worked in a hospital - my office window had thick and I mean THICK ivy totally covering it, the ladies had ivy growing through the fan (not you note in the gents) .... mentioned both was told to get on and ignore it ... The window eventually smashed and the people in the office who were slightly thicker than the ivy didn’t even notice! Took months to sort out as well, as insurance didn’t cover it and it was so well established.

Anyway the main hospital had air con. For a very short time. The tanks were built above x-ray. Lasted less than a summer (this was decades ago) and took out x-ray and the department beneath because someone decided popping it on the second floor couldn’t go wrong ....

🙄

I had a social worker tell me to just pop online and buy an air con unit for a few hundred or so. Because I need it for my health (which is seriously effected by heat). That I’ve no money was brought up, by me, and dismissed, by her, because they have air con their office and earn less than my benefits ...

🙄

Their air con by the way was a massive long fan that circulated hot air....... yes it cost hundreds.... because they saw them coming.

It’s boiling in here at moment, two windows are broken and won’t open, the third if opened means I get my neighbours (not tobacco) smoke inside and it makes me really ill.

• Heart
Nightsnacks: mini cheddars and truffle salami washed down with cheap Chilean white.

I’ve been a bit absent from posting here but have read it all. I lost my mum. 💔
Oh, sweetheart. I'm so sorry to hear this. So much love to you, and we're all here in pocket ninny form if you need support or a chat. ❤

• Heart
Skronky ❤❤. Use us if or when you need to. Or just read along if that helps. Roses and pandas might help in a few weeks.

❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8