Food and Drink #54

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also using ibuprofen liberally today!

Wednesday is my big work day, my lucrative housekeeping job+passion shift at Watermelon. A 12 hour day, not a problem.

Had to shuffle six Wed/Thu/Fri things around as can't do HK job today due to sore muscle twinging back.

All thanks to WoohSoloCat for forcing me to sleep like a pretzel while he hogged both the bed and the duvet.

He says "hi!" from his morning post-sleep rest
1000005248.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Also using ibuprofen liberally today!

Wednesday is my big work day, my lucrative housekeeping job+passion shift at Watermelon. A 12 hour day, not a problem.

Had to shuffle six Wed/Thu/Fri things around as can't do HK job today due to sore muscle twinging back.

All thanks to WoohSoloCat for forcing me to sleep like a pretzel while he hogged both the bed and the duvet.

He says "hi!" from his morning post-sleep rest
View attachment 3030970
Ahem. He’s clearly saying “Wooooooooooh”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
a prescription for tranexamic acid will do that more efficientl, however if you go the ibuprofen route please protect your stomach, take afterfood or at least chuck some yoghurt or dairy-like product down the hatch as well.
Getting absolutely any engagement from my doctors is generally more trouble than it's worth so I tend to self medicate, but did have an injured tendon a while ago and was recommended to take 800mg ibuprofen 3 times a day (on a phone call with my dr, very helpful with a physical injury), I've never taken it at doses that high before and was worried about my stomach so took them with milk when I couldn't take actual food and my stomach seemed ok which is the only reason I'm considering it now, but thank you for the reminder in case I get lazy.
I am slightly concerned about the long term health effects of basically reducing the period though but I guess if I only do it every few periods I'll be alright. I was on the mini pill for years but wanted a break from the hormones (and near constant spotting) but after a year or so of regular periods again the novelty of "oh my body is working correctly, it's every 30 days every time!" has worn off and I'd rather wear a panty liner a few days a month vs dealing with this every month. I've had to call in sick to work today which I really can't afford at the moment which has triggered my anxiety and made me feel even more crap and incapable. I nearly burst into tears at my desk multiple times yesterday for barely any reason and couldn't cope with potentially feeling like that again in addition to horrific cramps and additional nausea and gut related issues today. But feeling stupid and unreliable for not being able to go in.
Mr Traazers texted me just now saying he hopes my tummy feels better. My tummy! Men really don't have a clue. He meant well but that's pissed me off too now :cautious:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Getting absolutely any engagement from my doctors is generally more trouble than it's worth so I tend to self medicate, but did have an injured tendon a while ago and was recommended to take 800mg ibuprofen 3 times a day (on a phone call with my dr, very helpful with a physical injury), I've never taken it at doses that high before and was worried about my stomach so took them with milk when I couldn't take actual food and my stomach seemed ok which is the only reason I'm considering it now, but thank you for the reminder in case I get lazy.
I am slightly concerned about the long term health effects of basically reducing the period though but I guess if I only do it every few periods I'll be alright. I was on the mini pill for years but wanted a break from the hormones (and near constant spotting) but after a year or so of regular periods again the novelty of "oh my body is working correctly, it's every 30 days every time!" has worn off and I'd rather wear a panty liner a few days a month vs dealing with this every month. I've had to call in sick to work today which I really can't afford at the moment which has triggered my anxiety and made me feel even more crap and incapable. I nearly burst into tears at my desk multiple times yesterday for barely any reason and couldn't cope with potentially feeling like that again in addition to horrific cramps and additional nausea and gut related issues today. But feeling stupid and unreliable for not being able to go in.
Mr Traazers texted me just now saying he hopes my tummy feels better. My tummy! Men really don't have a clue. He meant well but that's pissed me off too now :cautious:
I ended up getting a mirena coil, despite having had a really bad time with a copper 7 back in the day and swearing never again and it transformed my life, was worth the discomfort of getting it inserted (although having said that, definitely discuss pain relief options as things should have moved on!)

Reactions: 5
I had a lightbulb moment yesterday and realised that a health issue I’ve been struggling with started at or around the time my old pill got discontinued and I got put on a new “exactly the same” on. It isn’t the same because my body doesn’t react the same.
So I’ve made the possibly rash decision to stop taking it. I’m not talking to my GP about it because she’s on a mission to make me get the mirena which I didn’t like last time I had it.
Wish me luck?

• Heart
One of the kids is getting an award. I’m gonna have to find something fancy to wear…I was thinking about what today when I had a five minute ponder to myself whether I actually own the high heeled shoes I was thinking of or not 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️bloody menopause - I do! However, I don’t know where they are. I so rarely wear heels I’ve not worn them in probably 20months.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I ended up getting a mirena coil, despite having had a really bad time with a copper 7 back in the day and swearing never again and it transformed my life, was worth the discomfort of getting it inserted (although having said that, definitely discuss pain relief options as things should have moved on!)
I've got a weird squeamish thing and can't bare the idea of a coil annoyingly. I just genuinely couldn't do it the idea totally freaks me out (and I had a friend who had one dislodge once which has put me off even more)

Reactions: 3
I've got a weird squeamish thing and can't bare the idea of a coil annoyingly. I just genuinely couldn't do it the idea totally freaks me out (and I had a friend who had one dislodge once which has put me off even more)
I couldn’t feel mine but it was still hell for other reasons. Were you thinking of it for contraception or hrt?

Yup, that was one of the reasons I'd said never again! (Plus two women I knew who experienced ectopic pregnancies/emergency hysterectomies back in the day)
Have realised again today how lucky I was to have a GP who really listened to me, was always really positive about there being a lot of options for treatment and that I deserved solutions rather than just having to put up with things - but so sad to think that's what we all should expect and so few of us get.

• Heart
Yup, that was one of the reasons I'd said never again! (Plus two women I knew who experienced ectopic pregnancies/emergency hysterectomies back in the day)
Have realised again today how lucky I was to have a GP who really listened to me, was always really positive about there being a lot of options for treatment and that I deserved solutions rather than just having to put up with things - but so sad to think that's what we all should expect and so few of us get.
It frustrates the hell out of me. I asked for an endometrial ablation and was told “we don’t really do that anymore”. I know that’s bullshit because a friend had one recently. Instead the mirena was aggressively pushed at me. Hence not bothering to speak to her again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
got a cu coil myself, best contraceptive I've ever had, but the insertion was brutal

was told to take 2 paracetamol beforehand and it did nothing

• Wow
  • Sad
I'm perimenopausal, verging on menopausal, and my increasingly erratic periods are playing hell with my mood. I don't want a hormone cycle any more, I want my body back. The mini pill didn't work for me and I think the Mirena is the next step, but the only way they'll get one in is with some sort of anaesthesia or an epidural.

• Heart
  • Sad
It frustrates the hell out of me. I asked for an endometrial ablation and was told “we don’t really do that anymore”. I know that’s bullshit because a friend had one recently. Instead the mirena was aggressively pushed at me. Hence not bothering to speak to her again.
They absolutely do! They wanted me to have one but I wasn’t sold on the awake or general option. I wanted sedation only.
---
I'm perimenopausal, verging on menopausal, and my increasingly erratic periods are playing hell with my mood. I don't want a hormone cycle any more, I want my body back. The mini pill didn't work for me and I think the Mirena is the next step, but the only way they'll get one in is with some sort of anaesthesia or an epidural.
If the mini pill doesn’t work, mirena won’t either, it’s the same thing in different delivery. Continuous combined pills would maybe be better. Unless you’re a heavy smoker?
I never minded periods until the last five years. I was so lucky. Longish period (7 days) but not heavy, no pain, and a clockwork 27 day cycle. Now two days shorter but about 4-5x the blood and around 22-25 days cycle. I feel like I’m suffering a week before, five days of hellish bleeding, pain, and then I get a week of being ok then back to pre menstrual. Yay

Last edited:
  • Sad
Why do we have to suffer the indignity of painful procedures, only rarely being offered adequate pain relief in addition to have our operations being called sexist and misogynistic names?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
For the last couple of years before mine stopped, they were extremely sudden and heavy. I had an early-ish menopause and suffered greatly with brain fog and fatigue but HRT has been a godsend.

• Heart
Tunnel dog has been to the polling station. She’s now back in bed because she got us up at 3 because that’s what you do in your old age apparently. In order to protect her privacy, no photos were taken. I truly feel for Southend voters in case they happen upon a smol pixie when they go to cast their vote.

• Haha
A big few days for you all, ie elections.

Today at Watermelon Retreat there was a risotto scandal!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE LAST NIGHT'S LEFTOVER RISOTTO IS?

Yes, says I, it's in my home fridge; there was enough left for three (generous, thankYOU) serves.

WELL I NEEDED IT FOR LUNCH FOR 32 PEOPLE TODAY.

I think you've misunderstood, I took the tiny amount of leftovers and I feel no guilt.

Basically it's like Lord of the Flies since Chef Boy departed 😂

I'm so amused. This is the breakfast cook btw. I'm mature enough in age and management to understand that she's terrified of her place in the kitchen under a new head chef and is scrabbling to gain some traction. I just think risotto in a 500gram tub isn't her strongest submission.

Chortle. You have no idea how funny it looked, played out on the Kitchen WhatsApp group 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Regarding contraception, have you all (those looking for a new option) looked into the implant that goes into your arm? I've had mine for well over a decade now. It lasts 3 years and they just replace it. It is very easy to put in & taken out, I've barely felt a thing. They do numb the area. And you don't feel any pain from it in your arm.

Reactions: 4
Why do we have to suffer the indignity of painful procedures, only rarely being offered adequate pain relief in addition to have our operations being called sexist and misogynistic names?

omg lads this is primo chiz bait. I’m sure I’m not the only one here who has a really bleeping horrible time with my smears. Apparently my uterus ‘hides’ and every time, bar my most recent, I’ve had to come back a second time because the first was unsuccessful. It’s so bleeping painful and obviously I delay every time the letter comes because why would I rush to experience that level of medical pain and discomfort?! Like I explain to them EVERY TIME how horrible it is, how difficult they find it, and still I turn up and they’re like ‘well we’ll give it our best shot shall we??’ duck off!!!!

I had my last one recently so the feelings are all v fresh. I ranted to my friend afterwards saying I bet nobody is snipping men’s scrotes without pain relief! And she told me that it’s the same with getting the coil fitted, as all of you are speaking to, but as I’ve never had one I had no idea. Like WHAT! A vasectomy isn’t any less or more invasive than having a coil fitted or smear test surely, legit what is the justification?! Apparently you get gas & air in the states!

Snip all their balls I say, snip em all! (Sorry @mchops)

• Heart