Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for asking ZB, i've been awake since 4 going over and over this in my head. i should have gone with my gut and not pursued it when they didn't offer me a disability confident guaranteed interview because of an oversight. since then it's been a tit show - at that point i'd only seen the job advert which said the interview would be based on the statement of suitability; then i received a fifteen page job description (which said i'd be asked about certain CS behaviours so i'd then to prepare a load of written examples to talk through). and now i feel like i'm the one who made a tit of myself because i didn't prepare a presentation, even though i have an email saying 'no, no presentation or test on the day, just the interview'. when i read the JD i should have withdrawn; not because i'm incapable, but because i lead on recruitment in my work area and we would NEVER put out a JD that long - it just is too vast.

anyway, rant over. i need to try and re-centre myself and be ready for the job interview for the role i actually want, which is next week. this has set me back though.

thank you, and i'm so sorry for the misery.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks for asking ZB, i've been awake since 4 going over and over this in my head. i should have gone with my gut and not pursued it when they didn't offer me a disability confident guaranteed interview because of an oversight. since then it's been a tit show - at that point i'd only seen the job advert which said the interview would be based on the statement of suitability; then i received a fifteen page job description (which said i'd be asked about certain CS behaviours so i'd then to prepare a load of written examples to talk through). and now i feel like i'm the one who made a tit of myself because i didn't prepare a presentation, even though i have an email saying 'no, no presentation or test on the day, just the interview'. when i read the JD i should have withdrawn; not because i'm incapable, but because i lead on recruitment in my work area and we would NEVER put out a JD that long - it just is too vast.

anyway, rant over. i need to try and re-centre myself and be ready for the job interview for the role i actually want, which is next week. this has set me back though.

I don’t have any advice because teaching interviews (like yours it seems) are very specific and that’s my only experience. All I can say is try to have a lovely weekend with Mr Laz and think about what you want from the other interview.

Please rant away ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just realised I lot of you lot work/have worked for the CS. Are the rest of us being spied on?

(Anyone is free to spy on a washed up ex teacher teaching a disobedient but extremely cute WCS about electron shells 😂)
---
Sorry for triple posting- I’m putting off crap. Just wondering how interview peeps are this morning? I know people say it feels better the next day but actually sometimes you feel angrier/you have thought about it more and it hurts more.

I have an early Facturday. Science doesn’t report gay animalos.

My grandparents had 2 male tortoises who were definitely gay, always trying to mate 🤣 I always cite this when people say "there are no gay animals it can't be natural" or whatever rubbish. The subsequent look of shock and silence is hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Breathlessly running here
@MaineCoonMama i saw this and it’s sort of a death metal song about pandas with a video of pandas https://fb.watch/sQejoLN8HI/?
I think one panda is demonstrating the Mediterranean arse saving you from falling as well
Omfg, just typing this from the floor where I'm dying of laughter.
(That's not death metal though.)
How long was his Mediterranean stuck in that play thing?

PS ninnies, it's the anniversary of the night Harold and I went on our second-ever date and decided we really liked one another. It was kind of a shitshow as we ended up meeting some mutual friends and getting kicked out of Bridie O'Reilly's. We were just laughing about it and marvelling at the fact that we are now a middle aged couple with two cats and various health issues who definitely go out less than the bins do.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
thats the part Mr Laz laughed the loudest at. He was indoors and i was in our back garden last night, i've not heard him laugh as loud in such a long time! and he is a LAUGHER!

---
ZB, you're a star xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

I am the supreme Kween of ruminating Laz so am in no position to offer advice except to say: try to chalk it up to experience and focus on the next interview now. I have applied for dozens of jobs in the notoriously insecure, short-term contract NGO world over my time and each time, it's grueling and takes a piece of your soul. But the next opportunity will be out there.

Hope the sun is shining where you are and you can do something fun over the weekend to take your mind off things. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My Harold is CS, too. I passively inhale disaster stories focused around staffing allocation, redeployment, restructuring, and recruitments cancelled halfway through the process. I know you know this, but it's not you, it's them.

• Heart
uhhh, so many of you relate - it's such a bleeping waste of time 😭

anyway, weekend before pay-day, anything we do will have to be low-cost as i'm totally wiped out this month. the sun is making an appearance in Liverpool and i think i might just spend time in the garden, or maybe a walk to the beach and enjoy a bit of peace before July comes as it's a busy month for us.

I'm in my office today; there's a music festival or concert on at Liverpool Dock/Pier Head area this weekend. From my window i am listening to and watching the rehearsals and sound check. i am so lucky to have such a lovely view here.
This is what's on: Homepage | On the Waterfront (onthewaterfrontfestival.com)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It is. When I was going through interviews I actually made notes and would feed back. I had some dreadful ones (see previous post) where it was 100% waste of everyone’s time and effort. That sounds just awful.

I once got asked to leave after being offered food and drink - I had to choose. I had apple juice (dropped down my shirt) and a jammy dodger. It was for a programming post. The feedback was I’d chosen poorly as they were the directors favourites, next time RESEARCH 😆

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I’ve just realised I lot of you lot work/have worked for the CS. Are the rest of us being spied on?
Is it because we all wanted jobs where we could feel like we were making a difference, and then realise what a terrible mistake we'd made? 😂

(My job is CS-adjacent, technically independent of the civil service but I get the CS pension, it makes no sense but we definitely borrow the same useless hierarchy and inefficiency)

• Heart
  • Haha
I’m wfh today and have both cats next to me on “their” bed in the spare room. Between Teams calls and typing stuff I can sit and enjoy their funny little sleeping noises. Girlcat favours a gentle snore. Boycat is mostly silent but occasionally changes position with a little “prrrrp” noise. It’s all very adorable.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m wfh today and have both cats next to me on “their” bed in the spare room. Between Teams calls and typing stuff I can sit and enjoy their funny little sleeping noises. Girlcat favours a gentle snore. Boycat is mostly silent but occasionally changes position with a little “prrrrp” noise. It’s all very adorable.
Love this. One of my favourite times of day is when my pooch goes off to have his deep, after-breakfast sleep. He snores like a small dragon. And I get a few uninterrupted hours to do intensive thinking tasks while my brain is switched on and caffeinated.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just had some great customer service! Which I love. Spoke to landsend as my skirt I got two weeks ago is faulty and they said they’re sending a replacement and to just not bother sending the broken one back. Very happy as I really like it and I’ve had compliments. Ooh! And the bus driver back from the hospital told me don’t pay!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I didn’t even realise we were at 50 pages!
Looking forward to seeing all your furry friends for caterday.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Omfg, just typing this from the floor where I'm dying of laughter.
(That's not death metal though.)

PS ninnies, it's the anniversary of the night Harold and I went on our second-ever date and decided we really liked one another. It was kind of a shitshow as we ended up meeting some mutual friends and getting kicked out of Bridie O'Reilly's. We were just laughing about it and marvelling at the fact that we are now a middle aged couple with two cats and various health issues who definitely go out less than the bins do.
It’s sort of, like if a kids tv show did death metal. Like death metal via Horrible Histories. PANDAMONIUM!!!!
---

anyway, weekend before pay-day, anything we do will have to be low-cost as i'm totally wiped out this month. the sun is making an appearance in Liverpool and i think i might just spend time in the garden, or maybe a walk to the beach and enjoy a bit of peace before July comes as it's a busy month for us.

I'm in my office today; there's a music festival or concert on at Liverpool Dock/Pier Head area this weekend. From my window i am listening to and watching the rehearsals and sound check. i am so lucky to have such a lovely view here.
This is what's on: Homepage | On the Waterfront (onthewaterfrontfestival.com)
Oh Deacon Blue! I might have to attempt a sit outside and hear a bit of it.
Did TayTay have mega fireworks early and late the other night? It was so loud I was sure it was kids messing letting them off over the way, whilst it was still light.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Do they ever "run" in their sleep my little boy sometimes does its hilarious, only ever for a few seconds so have never managed to get a pic or video

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.