Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not House of Tides then šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Genre?
I just looked it up. No fireplace for me šŸ˜‚
Nothing too greasy. I am a carnivore and will eat almost anything. No meat substitutes. Ideally low carb due to suspected wheat allergy but I'm going on a package holiday in a fortnight and the hotel has an Italian restaurant so it's not going to make a difference between now and then.

Reactions: 7
Breathlessly running here
@MaineCoonMama i saw this and itā€™s sort of a death metal song about pandas with a video of pandas https://fb.watch/sQejoLN8HI/?
I think one panda is demonstrating the Mediterranean arse saving you from falling as well
Iā€™m sitting in the back garden looking at my plants and enjoying the weather. I sent this link to Mr Laz and I can hear him SQUEALING with laughter šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

he sounds like someoneā€™s tickling his feet šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ heā€™s laughing so hard!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Tbh, we never go out for food anymore (šŸ™) but when we did the 21 brand was good- both on the Quayside. The Broad Chare is cheaper than 21. We also rated the Cote which is near the Monument. There are some nice places around Ouseburn and Jesmond.

That's my thing with giant pandas, they do great stuff, yet they are not doing it Infront of other pandas in the wild.
If you are going to be a big lummox get the laughs from other pandas then you might meet more.
Fussy shags too...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I just looked it up. No fireplace for me šŸ˜‚
Nothing too greasy. I am a carnivore and will eat almost anything. No meat substitutes. Ideally low carb due to suspected wheat allergy but I'm going on a package holiday in a fortnight and the hotel has an Italian restaurant so it's not going to make a difference between now and then.
If you're deliverooing in Newcastle, I'd recommend Chilli Padi or Square (Detroit Pizza), or Fat Hippo. The younger Shaws tend to be very excited that you can get Jollibee's too. If you feel like going out, The Cook House is a short walk from the Quayside but a very different vibe.

Mr Laz is home from work now and i was telling him about it - he rightly pointed out that the questions i had difficulty answering were so specific, they could most likely only be answered by someone in that team and asked: if they want to appoint someone who's probably already in post, why advertise it externally (ie, across the civil service and to non-civil servants too). he said they wasted my time.
i'm still more gutted for the people that would have spent a considerable amount of time coming up with a presentation which now won't be scored because someone forgot to ask me to prepare one.
I once had a CS interview where they said Iā€™d be asked questions on x, y and z Skills. You know I got there and they asked me about A, B and C. I did tell them afterwards that Iā€™d been told to prepare different areas, they just said ā€should be prepared for anything!ā€ Someone defo fucked up.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I once had a CS interview where they said Iā€™d be asked questions on x, y and z Skills. You know I got there and they asked me about A, B and C. I did tell them afterwards that Iā€™d been told to prepare different areas, they just said ā€should be prepared for anything!ā€ Someone defo fucked up.
This happened to me once too. And the person they clearly wanted to give the job to all along ended up on a long term secondment and they werenā€™t allowed to replace him. Ha.

• Wow
  • Sad
Iā€™ve worked in the CS for 25 years - I know all of this goes on. I donā€™t know why I bothered putting myself through it šŸ™„šŸ„“
I was less annoyed this afternoon after the interview. Iā€™ve got more annoyed and a bit dejected as the night has gone on. Iā€™ve just been moping since Mr Laz came back.
I think the worst thing about it is that I told two colleagues, one of whom is my boss and the other is her boss. Theyā€™re my closest work colleagues and itā€™s less of a manager type of relationship and more of a kinship, but Iā€™ll just feel like a tit when I have to tell them I didnā€™t get it!

ETA: this was the job I didnā€™t have good feelings about last week and really wasnā€™t sure if I wanted it anywayā€¦

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I think the worst thing about it is that I told two colleagues, one of whom is my boss and the other is her boss. Theyā€™re my closest work colleagues and itā€™s less of a manager type of relationship and more of a kinship, but Iā€™ll just feel like a tit when I have to tell them I didnā€™t get it!
If it makes you feel any better, my interview had a presentation and Q&A element with my ENTIRE team. So they will all know I didn't get it šŸ« 

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Oooh Lazarus and Lurkeryaar, Iā€™m so sorry to hear your interview news. It is the pits when they mess you around or you donā€™t get something you had your heart set on. Itā€™s very draining putting yourself out there.
Iā€™ve has my fair share of those recently - one the other week where it was a strict ā€˜30 mins no overrunningā€™. They spent the first 15 of that telling me basic interview tips (ā€˜donā€™t say ā€˜weā€™ when you answer, weā€™re interested in what chocolateteapot specifically contributedā€¦ā€™), wanted five minutes for my questions at the end and then actively hurried me through questions they did ask me, so I answered horribly! Suffice to say I didnā€™t hear back from that one.

(Butā€¦ and not to be insensitiveā€¦ I did get offered a role today which Iā€™m really excited about. 4 months after losing out on a dream role, and then quitting my toxic job because I couldnā€™t cope any more, and god knows how many applications/interviews laterā€¦ so there is hope out there).

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Iā€™ve worked in the CS for 25 years - I know all of this goes on. I donā€™t know why I bothered putting myself through it šŸ™„šŸ„“
I was less annoyed this afternoon after the interview. Iā€™ve got more annoyed and a bit dejected as the night has gone on. Iā€™ve just been moping since Mr Laz came back.

ETA: this was the job I didnā€™t have good feelings about last week and really wasnā€™t sure if I wanted it anywayā€¦
Iā€™m sure it will turn out that your instincts were right and something tit about it comes out.

Iā€™m all happy that I just saw a bat fly past my bedroom window! Plus the moon looked amazing before it went behind a black cloud incredibly fast. Then it was back for a second, gone again now
IMG_1520.jpeg

---
Anyone else boiling? Itā€™s getting hotter and hotter in my house. 23 earlier, and now itā€™s 24.5 and Iā€™m too hot

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oooh Lazarus and Lurkeryaar, Iā€™m so sorry to hear your

(Butā€¦ and not to be insensitiveā€¦ I did get offered a role today which Iā€™m really excited about. 4 months after losing out on a dream role, and then quitting my toxic job because I couldnā€™t cope any more, and god knows how many applications/interviews laterā€¦ so there is hope out there).
Congratulations šŸ’– bad news shouldn't overshadow the good.

• Heart
Iā€™ve just realised I lot of you lot work/have worked for the CS. Are the rest of us being spied on?

(Anyone is free to spy on a washed up ex teacher teaching a disobedient but extremely cute WCS about electron shells šŸ˜‚)
---
Sorry for triple posting- Iā€™m putting off crap. Just wondering how interview peeps are this morning? I know people say it feels better the next day but actually sometimes you feel angrier/you have thought about it more and it hurts more.

I have an early Facturday. Science doesnā€™t report gay animalos.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Ffs. Iā€™ve dropped kids at school but need to take one to hospital around 10.45 so Iā€™ve come to sit in the nearest cafe to get breakfast as Iā€™ll miss lunch, and Iā€™m in the garden bit. Despite there being tables empty everywhere a big group has chosen to come and sit right next to me. Iā€™m already completely on edge this morning due to lack of quality sleep and I just wanted to sit outside in peace away from people to calm down. Itā€™s ruined my breakfast

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Ffs. Iā€™ve dropped kids at school but need to take one to hospital around 10.45 so Iā€™ve come to sit in the nearest cafe to get breakfast as Iā€™ll miss lunch, and Iā€™m in the garden bit. Despite there being tables empty everywhere a big group has chosen to come and sit right next to me. Iā€™m already completely on edge this morning due to lack of quality sleep and I just wanted to sit outside in peace away from people to calm down. Itā€™s ruined my breakfast
Ugh. People are bleeping annoying. Can you move the a quieter spot?
I was all set for a quiet ish day WFH today and hopefully getting on top of everything but now Iā€™m unexpectedly BUSY and the things I needed to do will have to wait til next week. Bah.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ugh. People are bleeping annoying. Can you move the a quieter spot?
I was all set for a quiet ish day WFH today and hopefully getting on top of everything but now Iā€™m unexpectedly BUSY and the things I needed to do will have to wait til next week. Bah.
I finished and came inside for more coffee. Time is crawling and I donā€™t think I can sit in here until 10.45. Thank god I brought headphones with me. Autism level today: high šŸ˜¬ Iā€™ve been a bit overwhelmed with the schedule change and half term, I feel like things arenā€™t letting up. Iā€™m so tired. I have hospital tomorrow too ughhhhhh.

I feel you on the no let up!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
In a similar situation! I have several sets of minutes that I have been deprioritising and people keep having the audacity to want stuff from me.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.